Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 523

Thread: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

  1. #51
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,746

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lewis is a great player, in the past and still today. His stats is average, but that shouldn't take away the fact he is a great player. For example Robert Horry was a below average player, but when his number was called in those playoffs, he was a great player. Horry has went down as one of the greatest clutch players in playoffs / big games.

    I see the durability and the skills Lewis can bring to a team like the Pacers as a major plus. I see Pacers in the playoffs and Lewis being clutch for us at a high MLE 8-10 mil.

    And yes, MLE will start at around 5 mil i'm sure.
    perhaps we'll have to agree to disagree, but I don't think Lewis is a great player by any means. I lived in Maryland for a year and got to see plenty of Wizards games. He seems a step slower, his shot is not as consistent, and he sure as hell does not play any defense.

  2. #52
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,808
    Mood

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lewis has declined SIGNIFICANTLY in the past few years. I remember watching him at a Wizards game and was appalled at how poorly he played. I'd pass on him.
    I seen him play too for the Wizards, but look at the team he was on. Not much of a adrenaline rush there!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  3. #53
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,746

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I seen him play too for the Wizards, but look at the team he was on. Not much of a adrenaline rush there!
    Right. The fact of the matter is that he is a mediocre player on a mediocre team. In my mind, that's not a good sign!

    edit: can I just say its WONDERFUL being back with y'all and talking about bball!
    Last edited by BornReady; 11-26-2011 at 12:18 PM.

  4. #54
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,934

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    We're talking about the guy that was suspended for a substance linked to steroids, and then immediately declined and never played the same afterwards, right?

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  6. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lewis is a great player, in the past and still today. His stats is average, but that shouldn't take away the fact he is a great player. For example Robert Horry was a below average player, but when his number was called in those playoffs, he was a great player. Horry has went down as one of the greatest clutch players in playoffs / big games.

    I see the durability and the skills Lewis can bring to a team like the Pacers as a major plus. I see Pacers in the playoffs and Lewis being clutch for us at a high MLE 8-10 mil.

    And yes, MLE will start at around 5 mil i'm sure.
    1st. If the MLE is 5M, you can't give Lewis a "high MLE" at 8-10M per year. That's not how the MLE works. It caps the max amount out at 5M per year.

    2nd. Rashard Lewis is still under contract for 2 years. He would have to be an amensty player. In that case, he still gets paid his $40-$45M. He will be signing on a championship team for cheap.

    3rd. Rashard Lewis is the last player we need. He's not a true PF and a poor man's Danny Granger at this point in his career.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to purdue101 For This Useful Post:


  8. #56
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,808
    Mood

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Would it be possible that Atlanta would cut Joe Johnson using Amnesty?
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  9. #57
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,288

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Don't forget about the Kings. We should be able to get Jason Thompson form them. He is big enough to play some center too, although he is not my first choice in PF's we could get. My list is:

    1. Nene- but I would not break the bank for him.
    2. Mislap- I would give up a 1st for him, but not a 1st and Hansbrough.
    3. Jefferson- He would be great, but we might have to give up too much for him.
    4. Thompson- Sacramento has a bunch of bigs, he shouldn't cost too much to get.
    5. Landry- great motor just undersized.
    6. West- ? about knee and his age.

    That is who I think we could get right now, if they have the amnesty clause, then we could be looking a whole new group of of free agents.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:


  11. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    duplicate post

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purdue101 For This Useful Post:


  13. #59
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,808
    Mood

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    possible players for teams using amnesty.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/71...sty-candidates
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  15. #60
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,808
    Mood

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't forget about the Kings. We should be able to get Jason Thompson form them. He is big enough to play some center too, although he is not my first choice in PF's we could get. My list is:

    1. Nene- but I would not break the bank for him.
    2. Mislap- I would give up a 1st for him, but not a 1st and Hansbrough.
    3. Jefferson- He would be great, but we might have to give up too much for him.
    4. Thompson- Sacramento has a bunch of bigs, he shouldn't cost too much to get.
    5. Landry- great motor just undersized.
    6. West- ? about knee and his age.

    That is who I think we could get right now, if they have the amnesty clause, then we could be looking a whole new group of of free agents.
    I like your 1-4
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  16. #61
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,300

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't forget about the Kings. We should be able to get Jason Thompson form them. He is big enough to play some center too, although he is not my first choice in PF's we could get. My list is:

    1. Nene- but I would not break the bank for him.
    2. Mislap- I would give up a 1st for him, but not a 1st and Hansbrough.
    3. Jefferson- He would be great, but we might have to give up too much for him.
    4. Thompson- Sacramento has a bunch of bigs, he shouldn't cost too much to get.
    5. Landry- great motor just undersized.
    6. West- ? about knee and his age.

    That is who I think we could get right now, if they have the amnesty clause, then we could be looking a whole new group of of free agents.
    Rush for Thompson.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  17. #62
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,808
    Mood

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rush for Thompson.
    That would be awsome, but I think they would want more then Rush don't ya think?
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  18. #63

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would it be possible that Atlanta would cut Joe Johnson using Amnesty?
    Absolutely not.

  19. #64
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Millsap would be amazing to have right now. The problem is I don't want to give up Hans or a pick for him. And I want to keep McBob. I honestly don't think PF is as big of an issue as everyone else. The Pacers matched up incredibly well with Chicago and I think that we are decent to good at 4. The thing that caused us to lose every game was the late scoring. We needed (and got in Hill) a guy who can alleviate the scoring pressures from Danny late. Hill, George and Danny can all knock down the buckets when it counts, and I think we should leave our squad alone as far as free agency this year. Let Dunleavy go, resign McBob, and if we can't trade a 2nd rounder '12 or a 1st '13 and say a Rush for Millsap, resign Foster. How likely is it to be that convenient and easy for the Pacers? Not very. In a perfect world, though.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  20. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely not.
    I think people forget that the owner still has to pay the players contract lol.

  21. #66
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,300

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be awsome, but I think they would want more then Rush don't ya think?
    Not sure. Both players obviously need a change of scenery. Rush has talent, but work ethic has been an issue. Thompson is just too far down on the depth chart to get consistent playing time. They may want more, but just depends on what they need. They might have a high regard for a defensive wing.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  22. #67

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would it be possible that Atlanta would cut Joe Johnson using Amnesty?
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

    That's a massive contract he has.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  23. #68
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,808
    Mood

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    But wouldn't Jason be starting with Sam leaving? They wouldn't have a center tho if they trade Jason and don't get Sam resigned. I don't really see JJ starting at center for the whole year, do you?
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  24. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

    That's a massive contract he has.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...johnsjo02.html


    amensty you still have to pay the player his money . You dont use it on a guy who had a down year last year and still aved 18ppg that would be insanely stupid.. you use it on a guy like Brandon Roy who will never be effective again or on a guy like Gilbert Arenas or Baron Davis where the people are cancers and don't perform. Or a guy like Charlie V who just isnt worth the money aand is taking a players spot and pay roll.


    Demarcus Cousins will start at C. But I bet Thomson will start he played great last year when Westpaul played him Westpaul doesnt like the guy he is much better than his stats say. He had a lot of good games last year when he got PT.

  25. #70

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Jason Thompson is a softy and I don't want to waste our time trying to get him when we still have Tyler who will be getting a good portion of those minutes.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  26. #71

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...johnsjo02.html


    amensty you still have to pay the player his money . You dont use it on a guy who had a down year last year and still aved 18ppg that would be insanely stupid.. you use it on a guy like Brandon Roy who will never be effective again or on a guy like Gilbert Arenas or Baron Davis where the people are cancers and don't perform. Or a guy like Charlie V who just isnt worth the money aand is taking a players spot and pay roll.
    Yeah of course.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:


  28. #72
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're talking about the guy that was suspended for a substance linked to steroids, and then immediately declined and never played the same afterwards, right?
    You win the thread.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  30. #73
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,288

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    I loved Lewis in Seattle, but even since he got that big contract he has never been the same. When he first went to Orlando he looked like he was a player that could make and start on the all-star team every year. He never lived up to his hype. If only the amnesty clause would have been around a few years back Orlando could have saved some money.

  31. #74
    Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    515
    Mood

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by MaHa3000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we sign Nene it will have to be a max contract. But Nene on this team means multiple playoff appearances. IMO
    Almost certain that Denver will resign Nene!

    After they punt Harrington with amnesty they are at about 22 million in cap space with 35+ million to spend.

    With Bird rights they can offer 5 yrs @ 80 million and still have 20+ million in cap space.

    Pacers offer 4 yrs @ 50-60 million

    Which would you take?

  32. #75
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,288

    Default Re: Mike Wells: A look at players the Pacers might pursue

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Almost certain that Denver will resign Nene!

    After they punt Harrington with amnesty they are at about 22 million in cap space with 35+ million to spend.

    With Bird rights they can offer 5 yrs @ 80 million and still have 20+ million in cap space.

    Pacers offer 4 yrs @ 50-60 million

    Which would you take?

    Yea, Nene had been hinting about going somewhere else, but remember his wife is also from Colorado. He isn't going anywhere.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 09:01 PM
  2. Hawks Don't Want Horford To Test Market
    By pacers74 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 03:49 PM
  3. Travis Henry test positive again
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 04:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •