Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 224

Thread: The Skyrim thread....

  1. #126
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,298

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a full legendary daedric set. Getting ready to start enchanting it, just waiting to get my enchanting to 100 to match my smithing. Something dumb I noticed, I put a lot of time into smithing and ran it up to 100 fairly quickly since I'm not yet at level 20. Now, I'm finding Ebony items in chests with a lot of regularity. I don't use them since I already have daedric, so selling them to the smiths is a license to mint your own gold. I have over 200k gold, and that's without putting ANY time into barter or wearing any items to get better prices. That's not even really a lot of gold, I've seen screenshots of people with WAY more. Once screenshot I've seen, a guy dropped all of his gold around his house and filled the whole thing. Making it RAIN!
    I only have $40k in gold, and I'm a level 55. I just horde all the jewels and weapons I find.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  2. #127
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,298

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good lord the daedric and dragon armors are stupid looking. I was a pretty big fan of the cleaner look of the dwarven, orcish, and ebony armors. . . now my character looks like something out of an anime.
    I think both look cool. Then again, I enjoy manga and anime.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  3. #128
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think both look cool. Then again, I enjoy manga and anime.


    I like the look of the daedric weapons quite a bit, but all the decorative spikes on the armor. . . wish there was an option to turn them off.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  4. #129
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,298

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    How is it that you can only create armor from Dragon scales and bones? Just seems like you should be able to make a bow at the very least. If you can make glass weapons, there should be some dragon weapons.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  5. #130
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,870

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is it that you can only create armor from Dragon scales and bones? Just seems like you should be able to make a bow at the very least. If you can make glass weapons, there should be some dragon weapons.
    Bethesda could always patch that in.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. #131
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,298

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Has anyone gotten married in game yet?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  7. #132
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,219
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone gotten married in game yet?
    I'm married to Uthgerd the Unbroken, the lady that challenges you to a brawl in Whiterun at the Bannered Mare. She follows me around and kills things for me. *****es all the time that I'm a Werewolf and in the Theives Guild though...

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  9. #133
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,298

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm married to Uthgerd the Unbroken, the lady that challenges you to a brawl in Whiterun at the Bannered Mare. She follows me around and kills things for me. *****es all the time that I'm a Werewolf and in the Theives Guild though...
    That's funny. Can you marry anyone? I was thinking about trying the Jarl of Solitude...she's single now thanks to Ulfric shouting his body apart.

    I think I read you need a medalion first to let NPCs know your available. I'll have to track that down first.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  10. #134
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,219
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's funny. Can you marry anyone? I was thinking about trying the Jarl of Solitude...she's single now thanks to Ulfric shouting his body apart.

    I think I read you need a medalion first to let NPCs know your available. I'll have to track that down first.
    You can't just marry anyone. There is a set list of NPC's both male and female that are open to marriage and even then you can only marry them if you've completed their "objective". Some are easy like winning the brawl with Uthgerd. Some are incredibly hard like completing the companions questline for Aela the Huntress.

    Don't know if you'd rather figure it out on your own or not but this link has EVERYTHING you need to know about it, including who can be married, where they are located, and their objective.

    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Marriage

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  12. #135
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,219
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    One of the things that's funny about being married to uthgerd is that you can also have her be a follower. She'll come with me and lag behind a little bit because I always cut across the countryside rather than take the path they made for you. Anyway she'll catch up and kill a few bad guys yelling and screaming like NPC's do. "YOU WON'T GET THE BEST OF ME!!!!" or "I'LL HANG YOUR HEAD ON MY WALL!!!" and then a second later the fight is over and she'll say "Good to see you dear!"

  13. #136
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Slay it! Slay the dragon!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  14. #137
    The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Carmel, IN/Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Just found myself a suitable spouse in Aela the Huntress. Its awkward hearing a once proud and bombastic Nord address me as "love" and "dear". Its also awkward because Lydia usually is hanging around my house next to Aela...


    Carmel HS Class of 2011

  15. #138
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,298

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    My game must have more glitches. Just tried to court 6 different NPCs (that are on the marriageable list, and after I do their small quest, they don't say anything further.

    Oh well.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  16. #139
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,219
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My game must have more glitches. Just tried to court 6 different NPCs (that are on the marriageable list, and after I do their small quest, they don't say anything further.

    Oh well.
    You have to talk to the priest in Riften about marriage first and then equip the amulet when you talk to your future spouse.

  17. #140
    The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Carmel, IN/Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Note that is has to be an Amulet of Mara received from the Temple of mara in riften. Other ones will not work.


    Carmel HS Class of 2011

  18. #141
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,219
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Note that is has to be an Amulet of Mara received from the Temple of mara in riften. Other ones will not work.
    No that's not true, I found mine in a chest early in the game and didn't purchase the amulet in Riften.

  19. #142
    The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Carmel, IN/Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    475

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    On another note...

    Does anyone know how to get Esbern to talk? He is glitched for me and can't get him to speak.


    Carmel HS Class of 2011

  20. #143
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,298

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have to talk to the priest in Riften about marriage first and then equip the amulet when you talk to your future spouse.
    Already did that quest, unless you are saying that I have to talk to the priestess again. Still can't get the dialogue to open up.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  21. #144
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,219
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    It's a priest you have to talk to not a priestess, so if you talked to a female character you need to go back and find the right guy.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  23. #145
    Member IAmHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    24
    Posts
    212

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    My girlfriend is dreading the day I get a PS3 and Skyrim will probably be the first game I buy for it.

  24. #146
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Awesome avatar! /\

  25. #147
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,298

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    My guy is pretty powerful. Think I'll work on the main quest and try to beat this game soon.

    I'm feeling the Pacers and basketball, so I kinda want to get back to 2K12. We'll see though. 2K12 was the only game where I was yelling and cursing at the tv. My wife might beg me to go back to Skyrim. lol
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  26. #148
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,610

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Joined the Legion, been interesting so far.

    Sadly I have been stuck on 49 forever now because I can't level up in any of my skills because the ones I use I am already almost maxed out on. Getting close though so it should be just a little while longer.

    I keep thinking I'm about done with the game as after completing the main quest everything else seems a little repetative. But doing the civil war quest has opened up a whole bunch of new quests so I'll keep going.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  27. #149
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,298

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joined the Legion, been interesting so far.

    Sadly I have been stuck on 49 forever now because I can't level up in any of my skills because the ones I use I am already almost maxed out on. Getting close though so it should be just a little while longer.

    I keep thinking I'm about done with the game as after completing the main quest everything else seems a little repetative. But doing the civil war quest has opened up a whole bunch of new quests so I'll keep going.
    And I thought the civil war was part of the main quest. Damn, this game is so deep.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  28. #150
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,870

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

    The civil war quest line 10 years ago would have been a game all on its own.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. A COUNTING THREAD MOVIE...
    By Natston in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 09:17 AM
  2. The Comprehensive Defense thread, part V: Defending the ball screen
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 12:43 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 06:28 PM
  4. Comprehensive defense examination thread, part II: Wing defense
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 10:18 AM
  5. The Big Plus-Minus thread
    By Naptown_Seth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 10:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •