Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Skyrim thread....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am forcing myself to do a 2handed warrior build. So, did you put alot of points in stamina then? Or just mainly go all health?
    Sorry, I didn't see this part of your reply. I have been alternating between the two at each level and ignoring magika completely. I guess I'm very specialized, or at least very special.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Mood

Today I happened upon two giants and two mammoths fighting a blood dragon on the plains west of Whiterun. The dragon killed one of the giants but the other one and the two mammoths got him. The weird part came after the fight was over. The mammoths turned on their giant and attacked him. The giant killed one of the mammoths but the other one got him. So now, there's a lonely mammoth wandering the plains west of Whiterun. Two other weird things I've seen lately. TWO dragons fighting a group of bandits. I think what happened was a regular blood dragon was in the game world and the other one was from a nearby burial ground. I couldn't find out because I died and when I returned to the area it didn't happen again. And Lydia disappeared on me during a quest in the dwarven ruins. I found her dead later after making my way to the bottom because she had fallen from high above earlier and I didn't notice. My only save where she was still alive was from HOURS earlier so I decided to move on without her. Only problem is she was carrying LOADS of my best stuff so I had to finish the quest, drop my stuff at my house, and then trek back through the ruins to loot her corpse. Blah.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Today I happened upon two giants and two mammoths fighting a blood dragon on the plains west of Whiterun. The dragon killed one of the giants but the other one and the two mammoths got him. The weird part came after the fight was over. The mammoths turned on their giant and attacked him. The giant killed one of the mammoths but the other one got him. So now, there's a lonely mammoth wandering the plains west of Whiterun. Two other weird things I've seen lately. TWO dragons fighting a group of bandits. I think what happened was a regular blood dragon was in the game world and the other one was from a nearby burial ground. I couldn't find out because I died and when I returned to the area it didn't happen again. And Lydia disappeared on me during a quest in the dwarven ruins. I found her dead later after making my way to the bottom because she had fallen from high above earlier and I didn't notice. My only save where she was still alive was from HOURS earlier so I decided to move on without her. Only problem is she was carrying LOADS of my best stuff so I had to finish the quest, drop my stuff at my house, and then trek back through the ruins to loot her corpse. Blah.
    If you were a necromancer you could just turn her into a zombie and carry on. Not sure if she would still have your stuff though.

Pairs of dragons are intentional random encounters. Seems like it kicks in after a certain level, as it doesn't seem that uncommon anymore for me.

Poor winterhold was set upon by two frost dragons at the same time. I swear that place is a dragon-magnet.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't believe there is a strong enough necromancy spell to raise Lydia.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I keep Lydia in her place...which is at my home in the bedroom. Boom!

I have not seen two dragons together yet and I'm level 49...almost 50. I get Ancient Dragons and they are extremely hard to beat. One full breath is enough to snuff you out. I've been unlucky so far that I got caught a couple of times out in the open. just find some rocks and work its health down very slowly. Takes about 15 minutes some times to kill one. I don't dare get up close till I can be sure to kill it in 1 to 3 hits.

Got one at the College while everyone was sleeping. At least there I had those pillars to hide behind. Still took awhile to whittle its health down. Damn, but Ancient dragons seems to have an assload of health.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I don't believe there is a strong enough necromancy spell to raise Lydia.
    Yet.*

*Only applies to PC version thanks to user modifications. Skyrimnexus.com is teh awesome!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

This game is really good so far, much better than I expected. I decided to play a totally different style for this game then what I've played in previous TES games. So I'm playing a Khajiit sneak type character doing theives' guild quests. Not sure how I feel about him. My play style is ending up more of an assassin then a thief. I try to backstab just about every enemy instead of avoiding conflict like a good thief.

Also not sure I like the idea of doing the main quest as a cat, it just seems out of place. Everyone talking about me like I'm some great prophesied hero of the Nord's and I'm one of the most looked down-upon races.

http://www.bethblog.com/2011/12/07/s...-now-on-steam/
    Another patch on the way. Still doesn't sound like it'll fix my Thieves Guild questline that is broke.

Update 1.3 Notes (all platforms unless specified)

General stability improvements
    Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
    Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
    Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
    Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
    Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
    Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    I am about to start my main game and was thinking of starting a fighter mage type character. To all the hardcore players what race would you recommend to start with? What kind of magic would you focus on?

Any suggestions is welcomed. I am Skyrim n00b for the most part.
    The race decision only really has an impact at lower levels. There are only 5-10 pt differences in your starting skills. You can easily make up for that after a few levels. Its even easier if you use trainers. That said, Imperial and Reguards have the best starting skills for a heavily-armored warrior/destruction mage combo.

Check out this link:
    http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races

I've never played as an Argonian or Kajhit. I think I'll try the Kajhit next time, night vision will come in handy.

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I've never played as an Argonian or Kajhit. I think I'll try the Kajhit next time, night vision will come in handy.
    All the night vision does is adjust the in game brightness. You can do that from the display options for ANY race if you want.

All the night vision does is adjust the in game brightness. You can do that from the display options for ANY race if you want.
    What's the fun in that? I've noticed that in addition to them not putting in any invisibility % armor, they also didn't include armor that gives you night vision. I had a nice helm that provided night vision in oblivion.

I also miss the levitate spell from Morrowind. Made travel much faster. Plus fighting a dragon in the air would be epic.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    The race decision only really has an impact at lower levels. There are only 5-10 pt differences in your starting skills. You can easily make up for that after a few levels. Its even easier if you use trainers. That said, Imperial and Reguards have the best starting skills for a heavily-armored warrior/destruction mage combo.

Check out this link:
    http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races
    Thanks for information. I will check the link out after work.

I think I am going to go with a dark elf with a focus the skills one handed, destruction, alteration, and light armor. Then minor attention to restoration, archery and sneak.

With just messing around with this game I know once I jump in fully I am going to get totally lost in the world. This might become one of my favorite games of all time.

OMFG.

I worked for over an hour to get my Enchanting to 100. Being able to double enchant is freaking awesome! My dragon armor gives me +70 health and +70 stamina. I double enchanted my dragon helm, shield, gauntlets and boots with other enchantments. Total defense is 524 right now. Still need to add a perk to +25% for wearing all the same light armor.

My glass bow does +20 electric and my ebony sword does + 30 electric.

Level 52 now.

Got another glitched quest where I couldn't finish. I'll have to restart and hope it works. I'm doing some quests for Arniel at the College.

Now really free Lance!

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just fought 2 dragons withing 3 minutes of each other outside the throat of the world... tough for a puny level 13 like myself.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    OMFG.

I worked for over an hour to get my Enchanting to 100. Being able to double enchant is freaking awesome! My dragon armor gives me +70 health and +70 stamina. I double enchanted my dragon helm, shield, gauntlets and boots with other enchantments. Total defense is 524 right now. Still need to add a perk to +25% for wearing all the same light armor.

My glass bow does +20 electric and my ebony sword does + 30 electric.

Level 52 now.

Got another glitched quest where I couldn't finish. I'll have to restart and hope it works. I'm doing some quests for Arniel at the College.
    Careful with the maxing out the Enchanting/Smithing/Alchemy skills. I've heard lots of reports of it being really easy to exploit them and over-power your character and make the game ridiculously easy. More than other games, with the TES you get out of it what you put in. If you make the game too easy you will NOT enjoy it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I finished the main quest without power leveling. Now that I'm messing around, it's fun to max stuff out to experience the rest of the game without it being difficult.

Check out this super creepy yet totally awesome video I found on Youtube. Things to do when you beat the main quest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    Careful with the maxing out the Enchanting/Smithing/Alchemy skills. I've heard lots of reports of it being really easy to exploit them and over-power your character and make the game ridiculously easy. More than other games, with the TES you get out of it what you put in. If you make the game too easy you will NOT enjoy it.
    I can always increase the difficulty.

If I feel like I'm too powerful, I can also ditch the armor. Nice to feel all powerful sometimes.

Now really free Lance!

I outfitted my follower with shock resist so I can chain lightning with impunity. : )

Also, keep all powerful staves you find and your follower will use them strategically. Summoning at the start of fights, using the element the enemy is weakest to.

Even with warrior-class followers they will hang back behind me, summon up a dremora lord, and then dual-wield staves of fireballs and just blow the crap out of everything. Nothing like being backed up by rapid-fire fireballs! And they are very accurate.

I LOVE the dremora warrior battle cries, and I really wish they all had such personality. "ANOTHER who seeks death!!"

24. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    I outfitted my follower with shock resist so I can chain lightning with impunity. : )

Also, keep all powerful staves you find and your follower will use them strategically. Summoning at the start of fights, using the element the enemy is weakest to.

Even with warrior-class followers they will hang back behind me, summon up a dremora lord, and then dual-wield staves of fireballs and just blow the crap out of everything. Nothing like being backed up by rapid-fire fireballs! And they are very accurate.

I LOVE the dremora warrior battle cries, and I really wish they all had such personality. "ANOTHER who seeks death!!"
    I'll have to look to do something similar. That's a great idea to outfit your companion with magical resist armor to the spell you use most.

Now really free Lance!

I have been rather busy over the weekend. When AT&T cannot get out to actually install I have nothing better to do. Play...check laundry.....play....check laundry.

I have finished up the Companions quest line, got the Mace of Molag Bal, figured out the Forsworn, escaped a prison and now I am at the Mage College.

I really have not do a whole lot with the main quest line.

I just love running around with a mace in one hand and spark in the other hand. I feel like I am the emperor from Star Wars.

Good lord the daedric and dragon armors are stupid looking. I was a pretty big fan of the cleaner look of the dwarven, orcish, and ebony armors. . . now my character looks like something out of an anime.

Mood

I have a full legendary daedric set. Getting ready to start enchanting it, just waiting to get my enchanting to 100 to match my smithing. Something dumb I noticed, I put a lot of time into smithing and ran it up to 100 fairly quickly since I'm not yet at level 20. Now, I'm finding Ebony items in chests with a lot of regularity. I don't use them since I already have daedric, so selling them to the smiths is a license to mint your own gold. I have over 200k gold, and that's without putting ANY time into barter or wearing any items to get better prices. That's not even really a lot of gold, I've seen screenshots of people with WAY more. Once screenshot I've seen, a guy dropped all of his gold around his house and filled the whole thing. Making it RAIN!