Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Skyrim thread....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

The ice spike and giant had me rolling!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I get the impression from this that fisticuffs might not be the best strategy.
    I watched that entire video. He plays on the PC and must have edited it in some way to get him killed for many of those like walking down steps and smithing. Still funny though.

I also tried jumping on the fire sconces awhile ago and I didn't even take damage.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

I was very very busy last night. I enchanted every piece of jewelry I had and my enchanting only reached level 68. I did get a weapon that lets me trap souls that I started to use for finishing blows to get more soul gems filled the cheap way.

I did spend less than an hour on my smithing making iron daggers and my smithing is now 100!! I made dragon armor. The cool thing is there is a heavy and a light dragon armor. I'm only wearing the helm right now cause my other armor gives me some pretty stellar bonusus. I'll wear the armor once I get my enchanting to 100 and I can add 2 enchantments to each piece.

I am also able to improve some of my armor and weapons to "Legendary".

I'm also a level 43 and fought my first Elder dragon. Talk about tough. Got killed a couple of times before finding a good spot that I could run to to heal myself and avoid is frost breath shouts before going back out to fight.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I need more stuff to smith with, anyone found a good spot?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I need more stuff to smith with, anyone found a good spot?
    If you want to build up your smithing, just make iron daggers. They are 1 iron ingot and 1 leather strap. I just went city to city buying all the iron ingot and some leather straps (already had a bunch from animals I'd killed). You could even find mines, but that takes too much time.

To go from a level 70 to 100 cost me about $7k. I also have a high speechcraft (80) + enchantments that take my speechcraft to over 100, so I get good prices to buy and sell.

Get a high speechcraft quickly:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Now really free Lance!

Do the iron daggers not get gimped the higher level smith you are? Like in other games you'll stop leveling off of low level crafted items.

Do the iron daggers not get gimped the higher level smith you are? Like in other games you'll stop leveling off of low level crafted items.
    The higher you get the more daggers it'll take to level up, but it's still the most effective way. By the time you get past 90, it'll take around 15 daggers to level up you smithing.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    The higher you get the more daggers it'll take to level up, but it's still the most effective way. By the time you get past 90, it'll take around 15 daggers to level up you smithing.
    The easiest way I found ..... spoilered for people who don't want to know how to shortcut things ....

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by xBulletproof; 11-26-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    The easiest way I found ..... spoilered for people who don't want to know how to shortcut things ....

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Now really free Lance!

So I was in Whiterun and as I exited the bannered mare a whiterun guard fell from atop the building and died. I ran around looking for an assassin or something, but nothing. Everyone's gathered around the body and I keep getting questioned about it. Is this a glitch, has anyone seen this? Why would he just randomly die?

edit - now that I think about it maybe he was the victim of a giant's skyshot. They have to come down right?
    Last edited by SoupIsGood; 11-27-2011 at 05:30 AM.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

OK so i was doing the quest for the bartender in Ivarstead where you clear out the haunted barrow. One of the townspeople kept following me around for some reason. He followed me into the barrow and got himself killed while I was messing with the traps. My question is, is the guy important for some reason? Does he give quests? Can NPC's who give quests die? Are those quests permanently broken?

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    OK so i was doing the quest for the bartender in Ivarstead where you clear out the haunted barrow. One of the townspeople kept following me around for some reason. He followed me into the barrow and got himself killed while I was messing with the traps. My question is, is the guy important for some reason? Does he give quests? Can NPC's who give quests die? Are those quests permanently broken?
    I doubt he's important. Important NPCs can't die. Also, I read that even if an NPC dies that has a quest, you can still get that quest from another NPC. All due to their Radiant system or whatever.

Still, how annoying for an NPC just to follow you around. Hero worship to the max.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post

edit - now that I think about it maybe he was the victim of a giant's skyshot. They have to come down right?
    Im pretty sure Tamriel has gravity. Thats probably the most reasonable explanation.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

My character is Nord and a heavy armor two handed tank so I'm pouring all of my perks and skills into restoration, heavy armor, two hand, and smithing. It's funny as hell to spot a troll, pull out my warhammer, sprint up to him, sweep his legs and drop the hammer on him for the one shot kill. He's usually still beating on his chest when I get to him. BTW, the Skullcrusher perk that makes warhammers ignore 25% of armor per rank up to 75% is ridiculous. Absolute murder, even on high level characters.

Bumped into the headless horseman easter egg last night.

Bumped into the headless horseman easter egg last night.
    Can you kill the headless horseman? I have located so many locations and have yet to see that easter egg.

I was walking to my destination and came across a group of 3 or 4 drunks. Then a dragon came and killed them all in 1 fail swoop. I almost felt bad for them. Then I thought, what the ***** are a bunch of drunks doing out in in open in the middle of nowhere?

Now really free Lance!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

The dragon spawns in my game have gotten sort of ridiculous, Every time I fast travel one of them pops up. Which is great on one hand, but sucks on the other because I'm getting really tired of fighting them at night. Makes it much harder.

Mood

I never fast travel at night for that reason. Had the same policy in Fallout 3 just in case you fast travelled in on a deathclaw which was suicide until you got to about level 15.

My guy is getting to where he can't really be challenged already. Skullcrusher is just a ridiculous almost gamebreaking perk.

You think skullcrusher is bad you should see what my buddy can do who is a sneaky type and just the X15 damage bonus to sneak attacks with a dagger.

I just finished the companions quest line and I'm level 17. I've got some one handed, block, and heavy armor perks and I'm feeling pretty good right now. None of the bosses are too bad, the hardest fights for me are clearing a room with 3 or 4 people and not being able to take down the guy with the two handed sword quick enough or something like that.

Mood

the hardest fights for me are clearing a room with 3 or 4 people and not being able to take down the guy with the two handed sword quick enough or something like that.
    This is why two handed is so awesome. I have two other perks, one is Sweep which hits ALL enemies in front of you, the other I can't remember the name of but it goes through blocks when you use a "power move". You pair those two with Skullcrusher and wow look out. Two handed is a really good specialty.

I can't wait to get through this and start over with a different character. Easier said than done. I would start every game of Fallout 3 with every intention of changing my build but somehow every character ended up being high on sneak and guns.
    Last edited by travmil; 11-29-2011 at 11:35 AM.

alright I had a wild critical hit last night. I was.off to kill a giant for one of the jarls when an elder dragon swoops down. As it made a low flyover I hit it with my ebony two handed axe and killed it with one hit. Not sure how I did it or frankly how I feel about it. On one hand it was pretty cool, but on the other I think I've made my character to powerful as a fighter.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I will say, I was afraid I would have the same feeling I did with fallout 3, and that is, that I just don't have the time for this type of game anymore, but I am glad to say that since I have hit level 13 or so, I have not had that feeling.

The stories, the characters, the landscape, this is Tamriel. It still fits like an old comfy slipper and I can still find myself getting engrossed in the game like I did in the past Elder Scrolls games. I don't think the Fallout world will ever do that for me. I guess I'm just more of a fantasy geek than sci fi.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    alright I had a wild critical hit last night. I was.off to kill a giant for one of the jarls when an elder dragon swoops down. As it made a low flyover I hit it with my ebony two handed axe and killed it with one hit. Not sure how I did it or frankly how I feel about it. On one hand it was pretty cool, but on the other I think I've made my character to powerful as a fighter.
    Could be just one of those things where you caught the RNG at just the right time. Personally I like stuff like that, now hopefully every fight doesn't become like that for you, but I think it makes it fun to every once and a while get that "Who's bad? I'm bad." feeling.

Been pretty busy, so working long hours. Haven't been able to play much the past few days.

Heard the new patch caused some more glitches. I haven't dl it yet, but anyone have any issues on the Xbox?

The only issue I'm currently having is that I can't continue the Thieves guild questline. Hope they patch that soon. I am not sure if it was on the new patch or not.

Now really free Lance!

I wish I were a little more in the mood to dive into this type of game. You guys make it sound like a blast, but I just don't usually have the patience to get the most out of these kinds of RPGs. I may pick this up later when it's much cheaper, though.