Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: The Skyrim thread....

Default Re: The Skyrim thread....

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that I am a higher level it is ok because I love taking their power, but early on it was just beyond frustrating.

Though it gave me a good laugh when the one attacked Riverdale. The elf that you help out with the guy trying to steal his girl ended up getting killed and lying in the middle of the street. Took his weapons and clothes and sold it to the general store that she works at and took the house.

I love playing an evil character that just does whatever is best for him.
    I actually played a more evil character this time around. It was a lot of fun.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Words cannot express my opinion on this.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

Words cannot express my opinion on this.
    Saw the macho dragon one. Hilarious!

Now really free Lance!

i went to dawnstar recently and the captain of the boat just shot up about 80 feet straight in the air and hung up there for about 5-10 seconds. he died when he fell back down.
    weird stuff- must have been a glitch.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good lord I did not know how quickly you could go up in smiting. I started another character to be a good character that resembles a paladin to balance out my other bad character.

I just got to Whiterun and I am all ready a level seven overall and all ready able to make elven armor.

The only glitch I really have run into was the Forsworn Conspiracy glitch where the guards would not arrest me. They just stood there so I took the money and ran.

Mood

my favorite bug I've seen is one I saw where a guy on a horse was flying around. Him and his horse would always be facing the same spot, but they were flying around it in circles going VERY far out and flying back changing elevation. I sat and watched it for a few minutes then lured a nearby mammoth over to kill them. Fun times.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    my favorite bug I've seen is one I saw where a guy on a horse was flying around. Him and his horse would always be facing the same spot, but they were flying around it in circles going VERY far out and flying back changing elevation. I sat and watched it for a few minutes then lured a nearby mammoth over to kill them. Fun times.
    i enjoy starting something with a monster and then run. i lure them into places like whiterun and watch the locals get caught up in the situation. sometimes i almost feel kinda bad about it. i saw a giant hit some dude with with a club and he must have gone flying well over 100 feet up in the air. i couldn't help laughing my *** off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I actually played a more evil character this time around. It was a lot of fun.
    It definitely is more fun and it gives you some more group missions to play. Cannot play a good guy and really join the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood.

I have a good character and it has opened up some other smaller missions.

Mood

Cannot play a good guy and really join the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood.
    You can join the Thieves Guild pretty easily and even finish the questline and still be on almost everyone's good side. The Dark Brotherhood though, I don't know.

You can join the Thieves Guild pretty easily and even finish the questline and still be on almost everyone's good side. The Dark Brotherhood though, I don't know.
    The DB is pretty off limits if you want to be a good guy. Assassination tend to be a more of a bad guy thing especially with who you have to assassinate at the very end.

So have anybody done a true mage character? After spending hours playing as my various characters I do not see how playing a pure mage can really work. I can see a mage mixed with like an archer type character being easier.

That's one of the downsides to the game. There isn't enough consequences for your actions. I beat the Dark Brotherhood quest line and no one at the Companions or College ever mentioned it.

Hopefully they work on that.

Now really free Lance!

The DB is pretty off limits if you want to be a good guy. Assassination tend to be a more of a bad guy thing especially with who you have to assassinate at the very end.

So have anybody done a true mage character? After spending hours playing as my various characters I do not see how playing a pure mage can really work. I can see a mage mixed with like an archer type character being easier.
    No. I like to go for stealth and bow. I didn't use magic often other than for healing purposes.

Now really free Lance!

Pure mage was my favorite of the archetypes, although once you have all the spells and a couple nice enchantments they don't leave much else for a mage to do. A thief or warrior gets to keep improving his armor and weapons for a much longer time. You hit the ceiling on a pure mage much sooner.

Conjuration and the destruction impact perk make a pure mage extremely deadly. I didn't even bother with the alteration mage armor stuff, as between restoration and conjuration a mage has more than enough defense.

Impact-perk dual-casted fireballs = death to all. And since fireball is probably the games most visually impressive spell, it could be quite fun. And the elemental wall spells were great for taking down extremely strong enemies. Just run from a giant while spraying a wall of flames in your wake. . .

Magicka regenerates as a % of total magicka always, so when choosing between +regeneration or +magicka enchantments, +magicka is always the way to go.

I did find myself wishing there were more spells that did something other than instant damage. I'd like to be able to curse an enemy for continual poison damage, instead of always using a weapon to apply a poison. And I didn't really like how the directional pad was used. Dedicate some other button to opening a quick-favorites menu--I'd rather use the d-pad as a series of hotkeys. It could become tedious.
    Last edited by SoupIsGood; 01-27-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    That's one of the downsides to the game. There isn't enough consequences for your actions. I beat the Dark Brotherhood quest line and no one at the Companions or College ever mentioned it.

Hopefully they work on that.
    I think they had to balance realistic with fun a bit here. How boring would it be to never be able to set foot in Solitude again after
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    You would miss out on a lot of quests, shops, and just random stuff to do. Realistically, you should be cut to pieces, but for fun they probably lessened reactions so people do not get frustrated.

It is why I was not a big fan of GTA4. It leaned more towards the realistic side with cell phones, friends, girlfriends, etc. and at some point I do not want realistic. That is why I liked SR2 much more then GTA4.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    Pure mage was my favorite of the archetypes, although once you have all the spells and a couple nice enchantments they don't leave much else for a mage to do. A thief or warrior gets to keep improving his armor and weapons for a much longer time. You hit the ceiling on a pure mage much sooner.

Conjuration and the destruction impact perk make a pure mage extremely deadly. I didn't even bother with the alteration mage armor stuff, as between restoration and conjuration a mage has more than enough defense.

Impact-perk dual-casted fireballs = death to all. And since fireball is probably the games most visually impressive spell, it could be quite fun. And the elemental wall spells were great for taking down extremely strong enemies. Just run from a giant while spraying a wall of flames in your wake. . .
    Dual casted fireballs sound amazing. I might have to try it with a hint of archery in there. I can never get enough of archery and drop guys like flies with and stealing their souls with my enchanted elven bows.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

So has anyone opened up the entire map yet? I am very close, I think I only need to find 15 more places, which sounds like a lot but in this game is nothing.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

I think I'm pretty close too. While playing, every time I've seen an undiscovered location on my radar I went there to unlock it.

How in the world do you buy Honeyside in Riften?

I have helped out three to four people in Riften and did the Jarl quest about the skooma dealers, but every time I talk to her there is nothing new for me to become Thane of Riften and buy the house.

Mood

Did you side with the storm cloaks or the imperials? They offered me the option to buy it, I just haven't done it yet. I sided with the storm cloaks and finished the Civil War quests, so Maven Black-Briar isn't the Jarl anymore. As far as help around Riften, I found Ice Wraith teeth for the elf that sells food, 10 fire salts for the forge (man this one was tough), two flawless sapphires (also tough) and a silver ingot for the jewelry maker, ingredients for the young girl at the alchemist shop, helped the lizard in the inn propose to his girlfriend, killed the old bag that runs the orphanage, and found Mjolls sword for her. I suspect that Mjolls sword might be the one holding you back because the lady mentioned Mjoll during the conversation.

I have not sided with either side yet.

I helped the Jarl's mage find her stuff, I helped the farmer get his bow back from the bandits, gave a begger some money, gave the Argonian a health potion so she didn't fired from the fishery, and have only found four fire salts. I will have to try the sword one.

I have not sided with either side yet.

I helped the Jarl's mage find her stuff, I helped the farmer get his bow back from the bandits, gave a begger some money, gave the Argonian a health potion so she didn't fired from the fishery, and have only found four fire salts. I will have to try the sword one.
    You have to help out with the Skooma problem. Ask around the fishery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    You have to help out with the Skooma problem. Ask around the fishery.
    I am wondering if my game is glitched because I did the Skooma stuff. Once I talked the Jarl I had no other option other then talk to her about the Theives Guild.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mood

Yeah, you are at the same point as me, only there was a lengthy conversation about being a helper of riften like mjoll and said she would make me thane if I purchased Honeyside. Are you sure it isn't in your miscellaneous objectives to purchase it from the steward? That's where it is for me.

Mood

ugh...I wish there weren't so many jobs to restore the thieves guild to glory. I also wish I realized how it worked earlier...I bet I'm 40 jobs in and still have a few to go because I didn't do them in the right city.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

ugh...I wish there weren't so many jobs to restore the thieves guild to glory. I also wish I realized how it worked earlier...I bet I'm 40 jobs in and still have a few to go because I didn't do them in the right city.
    I just completely stopped. What a chore and what a bore.

I also stopped since one of my Thieves Guild quests glitched and I couldn't complete it.

Now really free Lance!

Mood

FINALLY finished the Thieves Guild quests and became Guild Master. The armor looks bad***.