Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My family is in a dire situation , need help ..

Default Re: My family is in a dire situation , need help ..

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is in my prayers brah

its always darkest before dawn, this too shall pass
    Thank you bro..

I am so scared right now..

I googled on infection and complications after a coronary bypass and I had to close out the page... I couldnt read anymore..

I am waiting on any word from my sister after they get down to Indy ..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Thank you bro..

I googled on infection and complications after a coronary bypass and I had to close out the page... I couldnt read anymore..

True Story (think I might have said before)

My Grandma had a tripple bypass and the gave her 4-6 years to live at best. Happy to say that she died peacefull in her sleep a couple months ago at the ripe age of 95. SHe had the surgery when she was 73

Also, not sure if you have tried but I would go to the FHA website , there are numerous programs available by the federal government designed to keep people from losing their house

Good luck fam
    Sittin on top of the world!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Thank you bro..

another thing, I would try not to google and read up too much on his condition, if your like me, it will make it worse and you will become a nervous wreck. Easier said then done of course

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Kemo, check at Social Security office in Anderson for benifits for your Dad. Also, Mike Carwash is opening soon in Anderson, goto http://www.mikesexpress.com/MikesHR/Positions.aspx?p=1 and fill out a resume. My thoughts and prayers with you, especially a fellow Andersonian (that a word?).
    Bambam

Follow me on Twitter @http://twitter.com/brockhubble

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bambam For This Useful Post:

here are their other opening, not just the new Anderson carwash.

http://tbe.taleo.net/NA11/ats/career...SCARWASH&cws=1
    Bambam

Follow me on Twitter @http://twitter.com/brockhubble

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bambam For This Useful Post:

Sorry to here about everything, I know it's hard to go through any health issues with family.

I can't be much help, but i've heard on the radio that the IBM call center in Anderson is hiring 200 new jobs. It's a call center, so you'd be trouble shooting, but i'm pretty sure it's just basic computer knowledge. ACS is also hiring in the anderson area.

I know call centers suck, but i think they start at $10 and hour

Good luck on your interviews!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thefeistyone For This Useful Post:

ok, so after being at St Vincents for last few days, dad is starting to feel better .. Apparently, just as I thought, they sent him home way to early.. They ended up draining a full bottle, and almost a half of fluid in his lung from the surgery..
    Probably from the breathing tubes and anasthetic I would imagine...

So he got to come home today!

How he is now compared to how he was a few days ago, is like night and day ...
    Thank you all for praying for my dad , with the way you all came together on here and showed me moral support , and a few, financial support.
    The gratitude my family and I have for you all , cannot be properly expressed, and really goes to show how great everyone here at Pacer's Digest is ..
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'm glad that your Dad is feeling better.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

ok, so after being at St Vincents for last few days, dad is starting to feel better .. Apparently, just as I thought, they sent him home way to early.. They ended up draining a full bottle, and almost a half of fluid in his lung from the surgery..
    Probably from the breathing tubes and anasthetic I would imagine...

So he got to come home today!

How he is now compared to how he was a few days ago, is like night and day ...
    Thank you all for praying for my dad , with the way you all came together on here and showed me moral support , and a few, financial support.
    The gratitude my family and I have for you all , cannot be properly expressed, and really goes to show how great everyone here at Pacer's Digest is ..
    Thata what we do for each other- PD Family

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'm glad that your Dad is feeling better.
    Thanks CableKC ...

He about had a stress attack when he found out today, that his trucking company is with-holding his Christmas bonus..

Now what kind of heartless b@sterds do that to someone?
    Knowing the financial situation our family is in, him going through cardiac rehabilitation , and that bonus being for CHRISTMAS!!

The hits just keep on rolling ..

Their "reasoning" was they were doing it to ensure he comes back after his 12 week medical leave..

Seems to me, that just makes him want to drive for someone else when he is able to and say the heck with them..

So ya , I have to drive him out to their business office next week when one of the bosses come back from vacation, so he can try and get them to give it to him..
    Like he really needs this crap right now...

Well, I'm going with him , since he isnt allowed to drive at all for a month plus if they don't rectify the situation , they aren't gonna like what I have to say very well..

... and they DON'T want me to start writing letters ..

Last edited by Kemo; 11-19-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks CableKC ...

He about had a stress attack when he found out today, that his trucking company is with-holding his Christmas bonus..

Knowing the financial situation our family is in, him going through cardiac rehabilitation , and that bonus being for CHRISTMAS!!

Their "reasoning" was they were doing it to ensure he comes back after his 12 week medical leave..

Seems to me, that just makes him want to drive for someone else when he is able to and say the heck with them..

So ya , I have to drive him out to their business office next week when one of the bosses come back from vacation, so he can try and get them to give it to him..
    Like he really needs this crap right now...

Well, I'm going with him , since he isnt allowed to drive at all for a month plus if they don't rectify the situation , they aren't gonna like what I have to say very well..

... and they DON'T want me to start writing letters ..

Keep your cool so you don't complicate your dad's work situation. Let time take care of some of this and let the stress level subside a bit.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

I know speakout , you are right. But , it just burns me up ...
    Last edited by Kemo; 11-19-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hang on for a second. Stress over the major things involving health; don't stress over this.

My wife was a payroll manager for 30 years. All companies have HR/Payroll policies. I can tell you that most companies do not award bonuses to employees on leave.

It sounds like either your father's company does award bonuses for employees on leave, or that they don't and have elected to award your father a bonus regardless. All that they ask is that he come back and work 1 day to show that he will continue his employment with them.

So, I really find your father's company to be commendable. More than likely, even though there policy may very well provide them with an out to not having to pay the bonus, they are going to pay him a bonus anyway.

So, I would not necessarily read into it that the company is heartless, when it is possible that just the opposite is the case.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Thing is , he has been with them for around 5, maybe 6 years , perfect driving record, safety record. Policy is, an employee or driver has to be employed with them for at 6 months, and meet their criteria as far as miles driven, hours worked,overtime, and etc. .. and your bonus is determined on a combination of all those factors.. So it is EARNED .. not given ..

He should have got the christmas bonus, he worked for and earned yesterday on his last check of earnings.. So basically he went on leave cause he had the heart attack 2 days before that pay period in which employees get it .. He's been with them for over 5 years, and is one of their top long haul drivers.

This wasnt just the company being "nice" in giving Christmas bonus's ..
    This is something that each employee works their as**s off for all year to be able to receive the payday after Thanksgiving. My dad is entitled to it , he earned it .. and worked his butt off to make sure it would be a pretty good sized bonus .. (around $400 to $500)

I am sorry but I disagree , I still think they are in the wrong..

See ,the way I take it ... the majority owner of Carter just recently put the wheels in motion in selling his remaining majority ownership percentage of Carter, to some Japanese named company.. can't think of name off hand ..
    I think they are just cutting costs anyway they can before this aquisition which is supposed to happen sometime after the new year .

They started this summer with screwing the drivers over on layover pay..
    They basically cut it right in half from $100 per day to only $50 per day ...that the driver is stuck in some far away state waiting on layover...

So they been sticking it to employees since the beginning of the summer when the rumors started of this company buyout.

But , I really thank you for your comment on your wife's experience , I just don't believe in my dad's case, what they are doing is right considering all the circumstances .
    But again I appreciate what you had to say .. and of course you are right on not worrying about that stuff.. But sometimes that really is easier said than done ..
    Last edited by Kemo; 11-19-2011 at 10:28 PM.

hey Kemo, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm not an expert, but if you'd like, I'd be willing to take a look at your resume.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Just to be clear, has the Company indicated that they will give your Dad the bonus once he is back from his medical Leave?

If so, I'd get that in writing along with your Dad sending a letter ( or email ) that clearly indicates that your Dad FULLY intends to come back to work once he is Medically cleared to return to work.

I don't know if it would hold up in court ( if it comes to that ), but I'm always the type that wants to have a paper trail that gives a picture of the situation.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I've been and will continue to pray for you and your family Kemo. It might not seem like it now, but you will all make it through this.

Thanks Ken ....

Few jobs I found in Anderson/Muncie area:
    - UPS Seasonal worker
    - Starbucks Supervisor
    - H&R Block Admin
    - Sears - Loss Prevention
    - Verizon Wireless Retail
    - Office Manager

Good luck,
    Rob

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobfromPacers For This Useful Post:

Mood

I just found out Hopewell Center has an opening for s staffing coordinator position. It is scheduling and following up with first step kids and their families. It requires a HS diploma or GED. I am going to apply for it tomorrow. They will train you for the position too. I had a sister-in-law that worked there for three years before she quit. She said that they have good benefits and are easy to work for. They also have openings for group home staff both part-time and full-time.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Thanks jeff good luck getting hired man.. and thanks for the heads up.

You too Rob.. I appreciate it .. Unfortunately most of those you listed I would be unqualified for .. But there are a couple I will check into ..
    I have a few eggs in the basket now..
    Let's hope a good one hatches ..
    Last edited by Kemo; 11-21-2011 at 01:17 AM.

Now is probably the best time to be looking for a job as well. A lot of places are going to need holiday help very soon.

Yea I have an interview at Elwood Staffing tomorrow for job placement . I don't know how I am going to incurr the expenses of starting a new job. I've pretty much pawned everything of value I own to keep the utilities on this month..

If you guys don't see me on here for awhile, it means they finally suspended my internet.. due to any day now...
    So pray and wish me luck , myself and family are gonna need it ..
    Thanks guys ..

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Kemo. If you have a laptop and are near a McDonalds you can get free wireless access.
    Or the public library or Starbucks. Not ideal I know.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Kemo

Keep the faith bro, and rememebr you got "peeps" here on PD that care about your well being

feel like a halmark card, lol but really man we got your back