Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My family is in a dire situation , need help ..

Default Re: My family is in a dire situation , need help ..

Kemo, I am also out of State but I wish you the best.

I have a lot of hiring experience, albeit in the sciences, and so I have seen tons of resumes and I would be happy to give yours a look-over / edit if you wish. Let me know on this thread or by PM if you would like that, and I will send you my email so you can return with the resume attached.

Prayers are with you. Some of us aren't in position to hire, but are there any household needs we can assist with? Maybe not at the moment, but if you need anything, PM me and I will do whatever I can do to help. Please don't feel that you have to suffer silently. There is no shame in seeking help in dire times. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this board who would help if we have the means to do so. Keep us posted.

Thanks everyone .. I just finally got paypal straightened out.. ugh took like 5 calls.. 10 minutes each worth of computer prompts before i could finally get to a live person to manually add a bank account and attatch it to paypal.. Tried doing it online and kept getting an error message.. So if anyone had any problems, it should be rectified now...

Update: Hole in dad's lung is slowly starting to heal, but he still has some blood they are trying to drain from his lungs... It makes it bad that he can't cough and get it out with his ribcage wired shut .. He seems in better spirits as far as how he is feeling , so that is good...

I'll try and update from time to time over weekend.. Hopefully he is well enough to go home this week.. I am praying...

Once again thank you all so much for your support in this devastating time that my father and family are going through...

Now that the worst part is over with (the open heart surgery) , I can put more focus into figuring out what we are going to do to keep from losing the house...

Does anyone know if in Indiana, if they have temporary unemployment disability insurance ?? A few people have mentioned it to me but I couldnt find what i was looking for on their website...
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A guy I work with just had open heart surgery a few months ago and he was off for a while and received temporary disability benefits or accident and sickness benefits I can't remember which, it wasn't much but it helped him out.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Mood

My prayers are with you and your family. If I hear of any other job leads I will shoot them your way.

Exclamation Re: My family is in a dire situation , need help ..

For those who were still wanting to donate, shoot me a pm and I'll give you whatever info you need...

So far, we have raised $131 , so that is a great start , and any little bit helps..

I am trying to figure out how to do some kind of fundraiser online, while I still have the internet for this month.. There has to be some kind of organization or website specifically for families in similar situations....

If anyone finds or hears of anything Please pass that info to me ... We just need to be able to raise funds to keep things going for 3 to 4 months while father recovers .. In the meantime earning money any legal way possible to stay afloat..

Good news for a change, I got an interview at White Castle on Friday , so let's hope that pans out..Like I said I'll work anywhere, and I am pretty sure they at least pay $7.50 to $8/hr and a premium of an extra dollar per hour if I can get 3rd shift.. Only thing is they just need part time help right now, maybe full time later on down the line.. But I know a longtime employee there , so I have somewhat of a slight advantage to getting hired...

Also got an interview at Bob Evans.. next week.. less pay but more hours.. But as I always say , beggars can't be choosers..

That Indeed search is really good and helped alot..

So if I can get to working and a paycheck within next few weeks,between that and my mom's part time job, it will at least keep the utilities and internet going .. But we still have to figure out something for the mortgage thru the bruptcy court.. *sigh* .. But I have to Thank God and all of you for being so kind and helpful....

Update on Father.. 11/13

His heart rhythm has become irregular .. They had to give him some blood earlier today , said his count was low..
    They are gonna run some more tests and try to find out why and where he is bleeding from and how bad it is ..

I hope and pray that they don't have to open him up again, that scares the living daylights out of me...

I'll keep everyone updated as I learn more ..

Bless you all
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe Mr. Simon will sign you to a guaranteed deal, & the NBAPA will allow you to shoot up down town & never play. (If so, then you could get paid & be able to be with your family.) Then again, what am I thinking, that only happens to thugs, not good people...

My offers still stands - (see PM).
    I still pray nightly for you, your father, as well as all in need. I am not the best person (ask my wife), but I DO care, & I realize that my modist means are better then many, so I feel obligated to try & help (you & others).
    Never mind I never met you, likely never will, but you have my support & my prayers - YES, because you are a Pacer Fan, & also because my mother is a cancer survivor (20+ yrs), & also because I am human being & that is what we do!
    I know Hicks (& crew) want to help, but also want to keep some sort of control, so share what you can on ways to help you - Please!

Hope - Give - Act - Pray!

Stay strong Kemo!

PG
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    Maybe Mr. Simon will sign you to a guaranteed deal, & the NBAPA will allow you to shoot up down town & never play. (If so, then you could get paid & be able to be with your family.) Then again, what am I thinking, that only happens to thugs, not good people...

My offers still stands - (see PM).
    I still pray nightly for you, your father, as well as all in need. I am not the best person (ask my wife), but I DO care, & I realize that my modist means are better then many, so I feel obligated to try & help (you & others).
    Never mind I never met you, likely never will, but you have my support & my prayers - YES, because you are a Pacer Fan, & also because my mother is a cancer survivor (20+ yrs), & also because I am human being & that is what we do!
    I know Hicks (& crew) want to help, but also want to keep some sort of control, so share what you can on ways to help you - Please!

Hope - Give - Act - Pray!

Stay strong Kemo!

PG
    Thank you for your prayers, and words of encouragement. Bless your mother heart, that takes alot of courage from a strong woman to go through and endure the things she has.

I've got 2 interviews lined up , but will definitely put in the application you suggested ..

I would really like to figure out a way to do a fundraiser.. I really don't expect anyone on here to donate to help my family, and I've never once asked , nor was it my intention when I made this thread and stuck it in market square. The only reason I put paypal information in this thread, was at the request of 2 other respected members who asked for that information...

But other than needing to raise funds for my father and mother, so they don't lose everything ; advice, prayers and well wishes are all I ask from all of you, my Pacer's Digest buddies ..

Especially the prayers ...
    Last edited by Kemo; 11-14-2011 at 05:18 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Couldn't you make one of these? If so, put it in your signature with a brief message explaining what it's for.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...-intro-outside

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Thank you for your prayers, and words of encouragement. Bless your mother heart, that takes alot of courage from a strong woman to go through and endure the things she has.

I've got 2 interviews lined up , but will definitely put in the application you suggested ..

I would really like to figure out a way to do a fundraiser.. I really don't expect anyone on here to donate to help my family, and I've never once asked , nor was it my intention when I made this thread and stuck it in market square. The only reason I put paypal information in this thread, was at the request of 2 other respected members who asked for that information...

But other than needing to raise funds for my father and mother, so they don't lose everything ; advice, prayers and well wishes are all I ask from all of you, my Pacer's Digest buddies ..

Especially the prayers ...
    What are the interviews for? What company?

I ask because I can helkp you prep and rock the interview
    Sittin on top of the world!

Thaks Hicks, just done that ...

90's .. white castle and bob evans ..

I appreciate it, but I think I'll be fine in an interview at one of those places.. heh

For some reason it won't show up right when I put it in the sig ...

Last edited by Kemo; 11-14-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Ah, normally we don't allow HTML in signatures.

I've just set it up so your account CAN use HTML. I've put the donate button into your signature now. You can edit it further to add your message. You might drop the old text you had in there though so it's not all too big.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Woah. Is it showing all of the code for everyone, or just me? It shows up correctly when I look at Kemo's profile page, but in this thread it's a mess. Wonder why it would work one place but not another?

*edit* Yeah, it won't display right. We'll need to come up with a plan B for this because I don't think using HTML code will work.

Hicks! HTML works fine for me! Might just be on your end as an admin.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I see the the thing to click on it, but when I click on it takes me to an error paypal page so I'm not sure it's set up correclty still.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Thaks Hicks, just done that ...

90's .. white castle and bob evans ..

I appreciate it, but I think I'll be fine in an interview at one of those places.. heh
    Kemo

Good luck and remember this is only a starter until you get something more desirable

It shows up in the thread, but not in the signature. I had removed it by the time you responded, TJ.

try this one.. I redone it, was coming up with a script error on me earlier too

That one seems to be working as your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    That one seems to be working as your signature.
    Thanks Hicks..

Thank the Lord, that there were a couple people who donated what they could.. I know it isn't much , but I want to thank you all.. every little bit counts..

Can anyone retweet this for me? I don't have a twitter and don't know really how to work it..

Thank you all so much..

Mood

I am still praying for you and your family Kemo. My nephew just called and said that Tractor Supply warehouse is hiring for several shifts. He started out there a few years ago as a young high school grad and started at 9.75 per hour. I will keep my eye out for you if your interviews don't land anything. Since I am in the job hunting too I see a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    I am still praying for you and your family Kemo. My nephew just called and said that Tractor Supply warehouse is hiring for several shifts. He started out there a few years ago as a young high school grad and started at 9.75 per hour. I will keep my eye out for you if your interviews don't land anything. Since I am in the job hunting too I see a lot of them.
    Thanks Jeffg .. prayer really is powerful.. and my family definitely feel the love in these grim of times...

I will put tractor supply on my list of places to stop in the morning.. Thanks for the heads up...

Wink Re: My family is in a dire situation , need help ..

I need all the prayers we can get ...

OK..

they sent my dad (Danny) home over the weekend...
    2 days prior to that, they said he was losing blood, and they thought maybe the breathing tube left a hole in one of his lungs... so they gave him some blood... ran a few tests ... the next day they gave him more blood... and would you believe they sent him home so soon?!?! on the same very day they gave him more blood without any definitive answer on what was wrong..

So since he has been home, he has been a handful, as was to be expected, but something seemed wrong, as he shouldnt have been in that kind of pain. Plus yesterday/last night he had vomited 5 times and couldnt eat.. He wasnt running a fever, but his bp seemed high to me 158/115 and he would get real cold.. then 10 min later, would get hot and we'd have to turn the heat off or he'd get sick...

So this morning he had his dr visit... mom ended up taking him to the ER at his dr's request... They ran a couple tests and said he had some kind of fluid pockets and infection somewhere around incision area...

So they took him by ambulance just 20 minutes ago back down to St Vincent's Heart Hospital.

I am probably gonna be heading down there as soon as my sister calls me once they are down there...

He really could use all the prayers right now, he isn't doing very good ..

Thanks, Greg
    Last edited by Kemo; 11-16-2011 at 03:57 PM.

I need all the prayers we can get ...

OK..

they sent my dad home over the weekend...
    2 days prior to that, they said he was losing blood, and they thought maybe the breathing tube left a hole in one of his lungs... so they gave him some blood... ran a few tests ... the next day they gave him more blood... and would you believe they sent him home so soon?!?!

So since he has been home, he has been a handful, as was to be expected, but something seemed wrong, as he shouldnt have been in that kind of pain. Plus last yesterday/last night he had vomited 5 times and couldnt eat..

So this morning he had his dr visit... mom ended up taking him to the ER at his dr's request... They ran a couple tests and said he had some kind of fluid pockets and infection somewhere around incision area...

So they took him by ambulance just 20 minutes ago back down to St Vincent's Heart Hospital.

I am probably gonna be heading down there as soon as my sister calls me once they are down there...

He really could use all the prayers right now, he isn't doing very good ..

Thanks, Greg
    He is in my prayers brah

its always darkest before dawn, this too shall pass

29. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post: