Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My family is in a dire situation , need help ..

Default Re: My family is in a dire situation , need help ..

Thanks everyone, the responses are overwhelming.. I'm on the hospital computer, good thing they have internet or id be goin up the wall sitting here.. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Sittin on top of the world!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Thumbs up Re: My family is in a dire situation , need help ..

Thank You all so much for being so caring..
    I am currently trying to work on a resume.. I am not very good at those sort of things, but what can ya do? Kinda sad I can write lyrics to music, but not paragraphs describing myself.. lol go figure...

The dr. was saying it could be around 4 months before my dad could even think about trying to drive a semi again.. I figured out minimally , it would take around $6000 to be able to get by untill then .. and that is with my mother's $300/wk coming in and whatever I can contribute... I am trying all avenues and researching any govt aid available for health stricken familes... If anyone thinks of anything please let me know...

Currently My dad is out of the danger zone, and will probably be at St Vincents Heart Hospital for at least 3 or 4 more days providing everything goes smoothly...

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart , and God Bless...
    Last edited by Kemo; 11-10-2011 at 08:40 PM.
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Thumbs up Re: My family is in a dire situation , need help ..

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Thanks, gonna call tomorrow and set it up...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Wish I could help man, but I live in Atlanta. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Hope you find a job!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Mood

Hello Kemo,

I totally understand what you are going through. I just lost my job 9/8 and live in the Anderson/North Madison County area. My insurance was cut off that day and I have a little girl with Cystic Fibrosis. I used to work as an employment consultant helping people with disabilities find jobs. Having a disability myself I know how hard it is to find a job around here. I know there is a place in Anderson called ACS in the flagship area off of Pendleton Ave by I69. They do inbound calling help for people who are having problems with their Medicare. They would train you for it and it pays around 10$ per hour.

The job market in the Anderson area seems pretty bleak right now and I know I have put in around 70 applications so far. I have applied for jobs in my area from Marion to Fishers area. I have just begun to look for other jobs outside my speciality and am getting to where I need to get something soon. I applied our family for Medicaid but it is a slow process. I'll let you know if there is anything out there I see.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

This is by far the post of the year.

Kemo, my thoughts and prays are with you brother. It is amazing how an internet forum is to closely knitted to help their own...people thjey haven't even met in real life. This is amazing.

Kemo, I live in Toronto and unfortunately cannot help you. If you can open up some online account and accept donations, i/we will be move than willing to support you.

Best of luck...if you do manage to open an account, please provide us with the details
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

Thank You MillerTime , I agree there is no place in the world like home.. aka Pacers Digest ..

I have had a paypal account set up for awhile , just have never used it. But it is active ..

I really don't want to accept donations regardless of circumstances due to my pride ..
    But I can't stand by and watch everything my family has worked for be lost..
    So I will just leave my information at your request , but I don't want anyone to feel like they have to help out in that way. I was just happy that alot of awesome members pointed me in some good directions to put my application in for employment..

I don't know how paypal works as far as what info anyone needs , but I am pretty sure I can be found by name on there ...

That info would probably be my name and email I registered on there..
    Which is .. Gregory Metzing and email is GPMetz@comcast.net

Like I said , please , I don't want anyone to feel obligated in any way ..

I'm not a real religeous man , but I have found myself praying almost every day since this happened for a miracle to happen .. So far the Lord has answered my prayers in getting my dad through this surgery and finally waking him up this morning ... Still got a long way to go though..

Now I just gotta hope we can get through the next 3-4 months without financial disaster while he recovers..

Thank You all for your advice, kind word and prayers .. You all will be in mine ...

Greg
    Last edited by Kemo; 11-11-2011 at 04:48 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

unfortunately all i can do is saying this. good luck and don't keep trying.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

This always was and always will be an amazing place, because of the people that participate here who have one common love, basketball, but really are a community that support and help each other where they can.

This is not the first time and I'm sure it also won't be the last time that one of our own gives a cry for help and it's answered by others. You hang in there, Kemo, it's good to hear your dad has shown positive signs. The best of luck to you and your family
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Kemo, I too am out of State.....so I'm sorry that I can't really help. I can only offer my hope and prayer that everything works out for you and your family.

I'm not sure how Indiana is when it comes to State funded aid....but is Medicare or Medicaid an option for your Dad to help out with any of the Medical bills?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Hang in there, buddie, things will work out!! I'll keep my eyes open!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post

Kinda sad I can write lyrics to music, but not paragraphs describing myself.. lol go figure...
    Then write a song about your life experience and history. Use that as the basis for writing a resume.

I wish I could help, but being all the way down here in Brown County......Just too far away, and not a lot of well paying jobs this time of year to begin with.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Thank You all so much for being so caring..
    I am currently trying to work on a resume.. I am not very good at those sort of things, but what can ya do? Kinda sad I can write lyrics to music, but not paragraphs describing myself.. lol go figure...

The dr. was saying it could be around 4 months before my dad could even think about trying to drive a semi again.. I figured out minimally , it would take around $6000 to be able to get by untill then .. and that is with my mother's $300/wk coming in and whatever I can contribute... I am trying all avenues and researching any govt aid available for health stricken familes... If anyone thinks of anything please let me know...

Currently My dad is out of the danger zone, and will probably be at St Vincents Heart Hospital for at least 3 or 4 more days providing everything goes smoothly...

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart , and God Bless...
    Not to blow you up Kemo, but how bad do you want it?

I PM'd you my info, have not heard from you, I spend my entire day reviewing resumes and helping people on the path to employment

got to be hungry man

Thank You MillerTime , I agree there is no place in the world like home.. aka Pacers Digest ..

I have had a paypal account set up for awhile , just have never used it. But it is active ..

I really don't want to accept donations regardless of circumstances due to my pride ..
    But I can't stand by and watch everything my family has worked for be lost..
    So I will just leave my information at your request , but I don't want anyone to feel like they have to help out in that way. I was just happy that alot of awesome members pointed me in some good directions to put my application in for employment..

I don't know how paypal works as far as what info anyone needs , but I am pretty sure I can be found by name on there ...

That info would probably be my name and email I registered on there..
    Which is .. Greg Metzing and email is kemo7654@comcast.net

Like I said , please , I don't want anyone to feel obligated in any way ..

I'm not a real religeous man , but I have found myself praying almost every day since this happened for a miracle to happen .. So far the Lord has answered my prayers in getting my dad through this surgery and finally waking him up this morning ... Still got a long way to go though..

Now I just gotta hope we can get through the next 3-4 months without financial disaster while he recovers..

Thank You all for your advice, kind word and prayers .. You all will be in mine ...

Greg
    Kemo will all these weak azz rappers out here, surely you can get a deal no?

just trying to lighten you up a bit fam

A while I proposed we have a Networking tab where we could , if we choose put down our line of work, what we do and contact information.

This is a great forum with good people, why not take advantage, it could be mutually beneficial

It would be perfect for situations like this

For those familiar with the site we could have our "own" Linkedin

thoughts?

Mood

Kemo, what is your PayPal account?

Kemo,
    I have a few friends in the construction business here in Indy. They use all types of guys and even if there is difficult past history I can atleast get your foot in the door. You can pm me if your interested.

http://www.theworkbuzz.com/job-searc...ign=MSNCareers

Companies hiring this week

Want some more good news? Here’s a list of 10 companies hiring this week:

1. American Management Services
    Industry: Consulting, sales/marketing, management
    Sample job titles: Field sales manager, consultant/senior executive analyst, business coordinator

2. Bob Evans
    Industry: Restaurants
    Sample job titles: Restaurant assistant manager, marketing intern, GM

3. Cardinal Health
    Industry: Health-care distribution/supplies
    Sample job titles: Sales representative, marketing, courier driver, customer service, IT

4. Certified Payment Processing
    Industry: Finance/banking
    Sample job titles: Sales, account manager, customer service

5. Cracker Barrel
    Industry: Restaurant and retail
    Sample job titles: Restaurant manager, retail manager

6. Family Home Health Services
    Industry: Health care
    Sample job titles: Business development managers, nurses

7. Harbor Freight Tools
    Industry: Retail
    Sample job titles: Senior financial analyst, manager – store operations, sales associate

8. Reyes Holdings LLC
    Industry: Transportation
    Sample job titles: Drivers, warehouse workers, sales account managers, IT, finance

9. The Delta Companies
    Industry: Health care
    Sample job titles: Physical therapist, OT

10. Walden Security
    Industry: Security services provider
    Sample job titles: Unarmed security officer, EMT/security officer, force protection officer, general manager

sorry 90's been up at hospital.. and on their computer when i can be ... I will be working on my resume over the weekend and get it ready fam ...

I greatly appreciate everyones help ..

I dont know what paypal info is needed ... only thing I know would be my name and email which is GPMetz@comcast.net and name Gregory Metzing

I tried looking for info on paypals page and couldnt find what link to give .. so I'd assume it's either by name or my email.. If anyone knows if it's anything different let me know ..

As far as what I am good at..... well anything computer related , repair hardware/software ... data entry , quickbooks, word, office ... pretty much any program, and if not , it isn't a thing for me to learn it ... I can do manual labor , assembly line work , janitorial , floor care , housekeeping ...

I've put in close to 8 applications online from suggestions on here since I been up here at the hospital .... but the majority of the good jobs require a resume which I will be working on over the weekend....

I would really like to keep to the anderson area or within 20 miles unless the job /pay warrants the wear and tear on my old truck . All depends on the job... I have to weigh cost of gas/wear and tear on vehicle vs job security and hours/pay somewhat.... I'd hate to start a job clear on the other side of indy .. driving an hour each way to work and within 2 weeks , murphy's law hit me and truck break down... know what I'm saying?
    Plus I gotta stop and realize it would be a few weeks before first paycheck , and weighing whether I'd be able to have the money for gas to drive 60-80 miles to/from work per day for 2 weeks ...

I've done hit all the local fast food joints last night listed as hiring ... I don't care what it is, work is work...

Last edited by Kemo; 11-11-2011 at 04:47 PM.

sorry 90's been up at hospital.. and on their computer when i can be ... I will be working on my resume over the weekend and get it ready fam ...

I greatly appreciate everyones help ..

I dont know what paypal info is needed ... only thing I know would be my name and email which is kemo7654@comcast.net and name Greg Metzing

I tried looking for info on paypals page and couldnt find what link to give .. so I'd assume it's either by name or my email.. If anyone knows if it's anything different let me know ..

As far as what I am good at..... well anything computer related , repair hardware/software ... data entry , quickbooks, word, office ... pretty much any program, and if not , it isn't a thing for me to learn it ... I can do manual labor , assembly line work , janitorial , floor care , housekeeping ...

I've put in close to 8 applications online from suggestions on here since I been up here at the hospital .... but the majority of the good jobs require a resume which I will be working on over the weekend....

I would really like to keep to the anderson area or within 20 miles unless the job /pay warrants the wear and tear on my old truck . All depends on the job... I have to weigh cost of gas/wear and tear on vehicle vs job security and hours/pay somewhat....
    I hear ya, just PM me what you have and I will help you create a marketable resume and where to go with it

everyone hold up on anything paypal... I am setting it up again.. and will give the new and final info on here shortly.... I need to verify acct with my dad/moms bank information..

ok ,

EDITED TO ADD:

Going to give you paypal addy it's GPMetz@comcast.net ...
    Last edited by Kemo; 11-12-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Was listening to WFMS today and they had a giveaway for families in need ... Unfortunately , I cant nominate my own family, nor would I .. The DJ said it was a $1000 give-away to families in need for Christmas ... If anyone has the extra time ..I figured it was worth a try.. .. and I would GREATLY appreciate it..

http://indy.cumuluscares-christmason...polis/Register

GPMetz@comcast.net is an email you can use for contact info
    Last edited by Kemo; 11-11-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: to add my contact email

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I know it's a longshot, but I also Tweeted a link to this thread just in case the right pair of eyeballs happens to see it. You never know if you don't try, right?

I appreciate that man.. twitter has a whole lot of people on it .. Hopefully some people get a chance to see it ...

Update on Father.... Well they took his breathing tubes out this morning..

He was complaining his lung hurt , where they took the breathing tubes out ..
    We found out , that he has a small hole in his lungs from that breathing tube and is bleeding..
    I am not sure if it is minor or not ... All I know at this point is that my Dad is not doing good and has been coughing up a little blood .

They are going to do an X-ray again tomorrow, if he's not any better they are putting him on the respirator again ..

Geeze, when it rains it pours ..

I am scared but trying to be strong for everyone else by appearing positive..
    Last edited by Kemo; 11-11-2011 at 11:01 PM.

I'm assuming you've been to the temp agencies in your area? I know that's the equivalent of tech support asking if the computer's plugged in, but always good to check. They can be a good way to get placed on an assignment fast. I know Office Team usually has a number of positions open and they're almost always clients in the Keystone area, so it's not a massive haul from Anderson. Manpower in Muncie is almost always hiring for a few call centers, including one that's just in Daleville that does Apple and IBM tech support.

I just somewhat grazed the thread since I'm getting ready to go to sleep, but if you don't have a resume and find that you need one, send me a PM and I'd be able to work with you over the weekend to put one together. I'm not a recruiting expert by any mean's but my degree's in Business Admin so you can bet I spent an inordinate amount of time over the last few years building and learning to build my own.

And I agree that this site needs a networking section. I graduated in July and spent the last few months myself doing freelance writing (Another avenue you might consider if you've got the aptitude for it, but it can take time to get going) and just trying to keep my head above water. It can definitely be rough out there. Good luck, and I hope your family makes it through this crisis.