Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My family is in a dire situation , need help ..

Hybrid View

Exclamation My family is in a dire situation , need help ..

First of all, let me preface this by saying it kills me to ask for help, but if there is the remote possible chance anyone can help , I have to exhaust all resources available ..

If anyone knows of any job opening ANYWHERE ,PLEASE let me know..

My father (58yrs old) just had a totally unexpected major open heart surgery (6x bypass), and best case scenerio will be out of work 3-4 months , and that is provided his trucking company let's him drive for them again.. He is a truck driver, and only gets 12 weeks medical leave without pay .. With them living paycheck to paycheck and their mortgage going through the bankruptcy court, I have to find some kind of employment to help them from losing everything.. A few years ago my grandfather died from heart related issues, and my grandmother had put my mother's name on her house deed alongside hers in case anything happened to her .. So basically if my parent lose their house , they will come take my grandmother's house since it is paid off and has my mom's name on deed...

Things are very grim, I can't stress that enough.

If anyone on here is a manager somewhere or has any pull in the hiring process, I will go above and beyond to do pretty much any kind of job that is required.. I have been unemployed for a few months and haven't had any luck finding anything thus far.

I live in the Anderson area , but would be willing to go out of town, provided it isn't any further out than Muncie or Indy..

I am at the end of my rope and I need a lifeline to save my parents from losing everything ... After all the sacrificing they have done raising us kids into adults , I can't/won't let this happen to them ..

Please , if anyone here in my extended PD family can help , I would appreciate it more than words can convey ....

Thank You and God Bless ..

Greg aka Kemo
    Last edited by Kemo; 11-10-2011 at 05:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: My family is in a dire situation , need help ..

Kemo, if you've been looking for work, do you know about the website www.indeed.com ?
    If not it's a one stop shop as it takes results from all the major jobsites and puts them in one place. Makes it very easy to see many more jobs than you would by looking at one site and then going to another site. Also, I would advise that you talk to a lawyer about getting your mother's name off of the deed to your grandmother's house. There's no need to lose two houses here and it could be as simple as signing a quit claim deed. You can try to get pro bono legal help at the following link.

http://www.in.gov/judiciary/probono/attorneys/provider/

I wish I could be a more direct help but I'm not in that kind of position. I will say that you should try to look into Amazon, especially if you can drive a forklift. They have been blowing my phone up trying to get me to come work there for the holidays.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Kemo, if you've been looking for work, do you know about the website www.indeed.com ?
    If not it's a one stop shop as it takes results from all the major jobsites and puts them in one place. Makes it very easy to see many more jobs than you would by looking at one site and then going to another site. Also, I would advise that you talk to a lawyer about getting your mother's name off of the deed to your grandmother's house. There's no need to lose two houses here and it could be as simple as signing a quit claim deed. You can try to get pro bono legal help at the following link.

http://www.in.gov/judiciary/probono/attorneys/provider/

I wish I could be a more direct help but I'm not in that kind of position. I will say that you should try to look into Amazon, especially if you can drive a forklift. They have been blowing my phone up trying to get me to come work there for the holidays.
    I have been in recruiting for 10 years bro . PM me. I can help
    Sittin on top of the world!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

thanks trav .. Mother says that her name has to be off that deed for 2 years in order for them to not still claim it as hers.. So I dunno on that ..
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Nerd.
    Mood

Kemo, we have a laboratory aide position open. PM me. I'm not a hiring manager any longer, but I can put in a good word. Do you have a resume?

Forgot to add that we are in Indy. Over by the old airport terminals.
    Last edited by Stryder; 11-10-2011 at 08:57 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stryder For This Useful Post:

Mood

That's why I think it's pretty important that you find some way to see one of the free or low cost lawyers at the link I gave. A lawyer will be able to analyze the situation, see what assets are there, and make a plan to protect as much of it as possible. Good luck.

Here's the Amazon recruiting number if you're interested BTW.

(855)411-2411

There is a recording that gives their open house locations and hours, website information, and briefly explains the type of positions available.

They say it's seasonal help, but I know two people that worked for them during the holidays last year that got permanent positions and are still there.
    Last edited by travmil; 11-10-2011 at 08:58 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Mood

Hello Kemo,

I totally understand what you are going through. I just lost my job 9/8 and live in the Anderson/North Madison County area. My insurance was cut off that day and I have a little girl with Cystic Fibrosis. I used to work as an employment consultant helping people with disabilities find jobs. Having a disability myself I know how hard it is to find a job around here. I know there is a place in Anderson called ACS in the flagship area off of Pendleton Ave by I69. They do inbound calling help for people who are having problems with their Medicare. They would train you for it and it pays around 10$ per hour.

The job market in the Anderson area seems pretty bleak right now and I know I have put in around 70 applications so far. I have applied for jobs in my area from Marion to Fishers area. I have just begun to look for other jobs outside my speciality and am getting to where I need to get something soon. I applied our family for Medicaid but it is a slow process. I'll let you know if there is anything out there I see.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'm going to give you the most eyeballs I can by moving this to the Pacers board.

16. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

I know it's a longshot, but I also Tweeted a link to this thread just in case the right pair of eyeballs happens to see it. You never know if you don't try, right?

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I know it's a longshot, but I also Tweeted a link to this thread just in case the right pair of eyeballs happens to see it. You never know if you don't try, right?

I appreciate that man.. twitter has a whole lot of people on it .. Hopefully some people get a chance to see it ...

Update on Father.... Well they took his breathing tubes out this morning..

He was complaining his lung hurt , where they took the breathing tubes out ..
    We found out , that he has a small hole in his lungs from that breathing tube and is bleeding..
    I am not sure if it is minor or not ... All I know at this point is that my Dad is not doing good and has been coughing up a little blood .

They are going to do an X-ray again tomorrow, if he's not any better they are putting him on the respirator again ..

Geeze, when it rains it pours ..

I am scared but trying to be strong for everyone else by appearing positive..
    Last edited by Kemo; 11-11-2011 at 11:01 PM.

I'm assuming you've been to the temp agencies in your area? I know that's the equivalent of tech support asking if the computer's plugged in, but always good to check. They can be a good way to get placed on an assignment fast. I know Office Team usually has a number of positions open and they're almost always clients in the Keystone area, so it's not a massive haul from Anderson. Manpower in Muncie is almost always hiring for a few call centers, including one that's just in Daleville that does Apple and IBM tech support.

I just somewhat grazed the thread since I'm getting ready to go to sleep, but if you don't have a resume and find that you need one, send me a PM and I'd be able to work with you over the weekend to put one together. I'm not a recruiting expert by any mean's but my degree's in Business Admin so you can bet I spent an inordinate amount of time over the last few years building and learning to build my own.

And I agree that this site needs a networking section. I graduated in July and spent the last few months myself doing freelance writing (Another avenue you might consider if you've got the aptitude for it, but it can take time to get going) and just trying to keep my head above water. It can definitely be rough out there. Good luck, and I hope your family makes it through this crisis.

My thoughts are with you and your family, and I will certainly keep a very sharp look out for you Kemo.

If I hear of anything, I'll let you know immediately.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Good luck and best wishes from Germany!!!
    Restore the Passion - Restore the Pride

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller-Time For This Useful Post:

Mood

Check your PMs, Kemo

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Kemo, Sorrry to here of your families tough times.

First, Seek legal counsel, I can't strees this enough.

If your grandmother's home has no type of lean on it at all, then she and your mother has several quick options.

If your parents have filed bankruptcy, then they have a lawyer already in order to have filed and that lawyer can protect not just your grandmothers home but your parents too. Depends on the chapter being filed.

If your parents home is being foreclosed on, then the bank has no entitlement to your grandmothers home unless it was used for a type of collateral against your parents home, which I highly doubt, but not impossible.

The first thing that comes to mind here is seek legal councel, the second thing is to get your mom's name off it asap and grandma get a small loan and pay bills with it for the next 6 months, dad and whoever else get back to work in the next few months and stop the Bankruptcy. If Grandma has no loans and has retirement then she can easily get a loan towards her home.

Hope this helps, If you'd like to be more detailed of your situation, I will gladly help. It may be better and quicker to prevent this from possible resources already there then relying on a job that may take to long to get to bail your family out.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

I rarely post, but check the board daily. While I have no pull myself in hiring, check iuhealth.org. Ball Memorial Hospital is CONSTANTLY hiring. Dietary, housekeeping, patient transport. All pay around 10$hr and dont require any previous training.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to dsprin8171 For This Useful Post:

Kemo,

First, my prayers to you and your family. Second, although I'm out East and can't do much from here, I do urge you to contact a lawyer as the other posters before me have done. I know in my state your father would be eligible for unemployment benefits at this point even though he is considered on medical leave. Also, considering the age of those involved, the local AARP office (normally found through our senior centers) is another option to know your rights and usually offer free legal aid.

As for a job, I'm hope those PMs you received will bring you luck. A lot of national companies have already started looking for seasonal help out here (UPS, FedEx, etc.) so hopefully these companies have started in the mid-west as well to at least give you another option.

God Bless and Good Luck

32. The Following User Says Thank You to greengirl33 For This Useful Post:

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kemo,
    Sent you a PM. Maybe it will help, maybe not, but wanted to offer help.
    PG
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

34. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerGuy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Let me poke around here in the Indy real estate market and see what's up. There are a lot of spots that open up from janitorial to security in all these buildings and property management firms.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's awesome to see all these responses to a complete stranger. When there's not a lot of positive things happening out in the world, things like this help keep the faith in good people.

Stay up Kemo.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

MIP for 2013-2014 season docpaul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    It's awesome to see all these responses to a complete stranger. When there's not a lot of positive things happening out in the world, things like this help keep the faith in good people.

Stay up Kemo.
    Totally.... I'm impressed, folks... You all are good people.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    Totally.... I'm impressed, folks... You all are good people.
    Man have we fooled you!

JK
    Sittin on top of the world!

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

I'm a marketing communications manager.

I don't think we're hiring at all, but I'll see if there's any kind of opening in the maintenance department.

Hope your father has a quick recovery and will be able to find work when able to.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:

Few jobs I found in Anderson/Muncie area:
    - UPS Seasonal worker
    - Starbucks Supervisor
    - H&R Block Admin
    - Sears - Loss Prevention
    - Verizon Wireless Retail
    - Office Manager

Good luck,
    Rob

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobfromPacers For This Useful Post:

Mood

I just found out Hopewell Center has an opening for s staffing coordinator position. It is scheduling and following up with first step kids and their families. It requires a HS diploma or GED. I am going to apply for it tomorrow. They will train you for the position too. I had a sister-in-law that worked there for three years before she quit. She said that they have good benefits and are easy to work for. They also have openings for group home staff both part-time and full-time.

48. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post: