Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 411

Thread: Penn State accusations

  1. #176
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    http://twitter.com/BryanDFischer/sta...77450316120064
    Interesting. RT @CBSSportsPSU: #nittanylions Report: UVa coach contacted about job, not interested bit.ly/tLiT1R

  2. #177
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Here is a post on a running board from a PSU Alum, who held American records in distance running ... WARNING - GRAPHIC

    "Maybe you are still Penn State, but I am not.

    I am requesting that any association between myself and Penn State be terminated. All references linking me to Penn State -- in text or images in Penn State media guides and the PSU Hall of Shame -- shall be removed permanently. I do not bleed blue and white, I bleed red. I could give a damn about the institution whose negligence created the atmosphere and opportunity for a monster to stalk the community for victims. I’m outraged by the misconduct by those enablers who allowed this scandal to happen.

    I’m turning my back on you and all those who still support Penn State.

    If I were to drive down to Penn State All Sports Museum tomorrow, with an HD video recorder and a can of spray paint in hand, and spray-painted over an image of myself “**** YOU JOE”. Do you think the university would sit on the incident and do nothing for 13 years?

    Penn State Football has never been the lily-white program that has been portrayed. It was an isolated an untouchable regime, a culture that was cultivated by Joe Paterno and enabled by blind and diffident University officials and an adoring fan base. It was corrupt to the core.

    The Sandusky child rape incidents were not an anomaly. They were the culmination of the leitmotiv that had spanned decades.

    In 1973, Penn State quarterback Tom Shuman raped a freshman student. Paterno himself got involved and intimidated the girl, and charges never saw the light of day. I have no doubt that over Paterno’s storied career on the field there were many other such misdeeds off of it, this latest one being exposed only because of the heinousness and repulsiveness of crimes. Had it been merely another rape, you would have never heard a thing.

    If you don’t believe what I just said then copy it and send it to Paterno, his high profile legal team, the Pennsylvania Attorney General, and the interim football coach Tom Bradley. Please…. make my day. Pablo knows where to find me.

    Why do you think that Sandusky was butt-****ing little boys in the Penn State showers? Ask yourself that question. The answer is easy – because the Penn State showers were a safe zone for him. He knew it.

    What the hell was he doing taking showers little boys in the first place?

    Who the hell thought sleepovers were a good idea?

    “Horseplay” and “soap games” in the showers? WTF? I don’t remember anything like that when I was at Penn State.

    There were no grown-ups to be found anywhere at Penn State. Not once did anyone say, “Sleepovers? What the **** is the matter with you?”

    Had Sandusky been screwing his WIFE in the Penn State lockerrooms, that would have been grounds for dismissal. Butt-****ing little boys? Let’s have a meeting at Joe’s house. Then another meeting. Let’s not rush to judgment here, ....

    Right or wrong, Joe Paterno WAS the ultimate authority at Penn State. Nothing ever happened in Happy Valley without Joe knowing it. NOTHING. It is an insular culture much like the Mafia or the Nike Corporation. Paterno had his own set of rules. Wonder why Mike McCreary didn’t do more than he did? If he broke the code of omerta and he’d never, ever, have a coaching career.

    Many of Sandusky’s victims would not have been, had it not been for one man: JOE PATERNO, and his wiliness to protect his close friend, Sandusky.

    If you read the chronology of the Penn State can you honestly say that at any other football program in the land that Sandusky would have had access to Penn State facilities, even after it was known he was raping little boys? Can you say that?

    In the end it was Joe Paterno himself, who showed what he was made of. The lasting images of Joe Paterno’s legacy was on full display for the world to see: a vacuous student body in full support of a senile old man with a corrupt soul. Paterno was shown falling-down drunk on a Grande narcissistic cocktail, in front of hundreds of revelers, as they conducted a pep-rally on his yard – completely oblivious to gravity of the scandal, and the despicable conduct that occurred because of the environment that he had created."

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  4. #178

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    While I don't doubt that guys story here I don't buy that Joe Pa was the most powerful person at Penn State. Most recognizable yes. Especially since this took more than him covering it up and in the end even he was expendable. Like I said there's a reason the DA disappeared from that case he's the only person brave enough to expose all this and say it was wrong.

    Joe Pa, and the rest of the coaching staff would've shared that same fate as well...

  5. #179
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,804

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    This whole situation is just so surreal, and keeps getting even more and more bizarre with each passing report.

    This is the kind of thing that can completely destroy an institution. And, in this case, it looks to be deserved.

    Just unreal.

  6. #180
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't realize he was a ginger. That explains a lot.
    I'm baffled that these jokes are socially acceptable.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  8. #181
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,467

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm baffled that these jokes are socially acceptable.
    Oh for crying out loud...

    Delete it if you are so offended by it.
    Last edited by cdash; 11-12-2011 at 01:31 PM.

  9. #182
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,917

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is a post on a running board from a PSU Alum, who held American records in distance running ... WARNING - GRAPHIC

    "Maybe you are still Penn State, but I am not.
    Didn't want to quote the whole thing, but this story seems entirely plausible to me and his depiction of the culture of Penn State football is entirely realistic. If you don't think JoePa was in any way as powerful as he was depicted here, then you didn't go to a high school or college where football was a key revenue generator for the school. I did, and it was fairly obvious that football players had much more free reign than everyone else both because football is so popular and because they made so much money for the school. Sports, and specifically football, trump nearly everything in America.

  10. #183
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh for crying out loud...

    Delete it if you are so offended by it.
    All I'm saying is swap out 'ginger' for some other ethnic reference of a similar nature to somebody other than red-heads and see how softly people react to that.

  11. #184
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,069
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I'm saying is swap out 'ginger' for some other ethnic reference of a similar nature to somebody other than red-heads and see how softly people react to that.
    But the fact remains it isn't an ethnicity or ethnic reference, etc. It's a damned red head joke...you know like the millions of blonde jokes out there?


  12. #185
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,467

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I'm saying is swap out 'ginger' for some other ethnic reference of a similar nature to somebody other than red-heads and see how softly people react to that.
    People take things so seriously on message boards. I said the exact same thing to my actual ginger friend and he laughed. Comparing the term "ginger" to other, admittedly offensive, terms for races or religious groups is not apples to apples. It's more fun and light hearted. The red headed person who is offended by the term "ginger" is the red headed person with absolutely no sense of humor.

  13. #186
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    You know, I don't want to hijack this any further, so I'll drop it.

  14. #187

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Penn State University seems to have a history of just covering stuff up. Rene Portland, the former Women's basketball coach, used to essentially harass, discriminate, abuse, "Create a hostile environment" (whatever you want to call it) any girl on her team that she believed was homosexual. This didn't get to widespread because, it's women's basketball, Portland retired quietly etc..

    Paterno (and I'm sure the Athletic Department knew) apparently covered up rape from his players.

    And now we have this. Something that is so far beyond the ideas of human decency...

    I think if an Athletic Department would cover up something as heinous as this, other pretty damn awful crimes in the Football program, and coverup a less significant program, then perhaps an entire investigation needs to be done with Penn State Athletics. Seems like there's a pattern here. This is clearly an athletic department that thought they were above everyone else. And there may be other people being hurt just because a department wants to keep the University's "good name"
    Last edited by Sookie; 11-12-2011 at 04:49 PM.

  15. #188
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People take things so seriously on message boards. I said the exact same thing to my actual ginger friend and he laughed. Comparing the term "ginger" to other, admittedly offensive, terms for races or religious groups is not apples to apples. It's more fun and light hearted. The red headed person who is offended by the term "ginger" is the red headed person with absolutely no sense of humor.


    substitute "absolutely no sense of humor" with "not that sensitive"...I mean objectively, it is just not that funny...

    also it IS very funny that your defense is the exactly the same as the one you get with ethnic jokes:

    "i have plenty of [insert ethnicity] friends and they don't mind when I use the term"

  16. #189
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,467

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    substitute "absolutely no sense of humor" with "not that sensitive"...I mean objectively, it is just not that funny...

    also it IS very funny that your defense is the exactly the same as the one you get with ethnic jokes:

    "i have plenty of [insert ethnicity] friends and they don't mind when I use the term"


    Man, you people. Okay, here goes: I apologize to any red haired, freckled men/women who might have been offended by my unfunny joke.

  17. #190
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    ^what do you mean "YOU PEOPLE???!!!"

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  19. #191
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,467

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^what do you mean "YOU PEOPLE???!!!"


    Best possible response. For that, I think it's time for

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  21. #192
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^what do you mean "YOU PEOPLE???!!!"
    What do YOU mean "YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!"


    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. #193
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,187
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    I heard an ESPN reporter say that Penn State should eliminate their football program altogether. That to wipe their hands of Joe Paterno it would have to go to that extreme.

    I think that would eliminate PSU completly. Selling out a 100,0000+ stadium brings in some serious cash. The program, like many colleges, helped them to become the academic institution they are today.

  23. #194
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,467

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard an ESPN reporter say that Penn State should eliminate their football program altogether. That to wipe their hands of Joe Paterno it would have to go to that extreme.

    I think that would eliminate PSU completly. Selling out a 100,0000+ stadium brings in some serious cash. The program, like many colleges, helped them to become the academic institution they are today.
    That's a little strong. You would be punishing a lot of innocent people by doing something like that. I'm all for punishments, but punish the people responsible. These kids on the team, and most of the current coaches, had nothing to do with any of that crap. Same goes for their fans and alumni. Really unnecessary punishment imo.

  24. #195
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,187
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^what do you mean "YOU PEOPLE???!!!"

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  26. #196
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,467

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is truly incredible. Wow.

    That might be the silliest protest I've ever seen. Proves people will ***** about anything.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  28. #197
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,187
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    It is a joke. You know IMPROVEVERYWHERE. No one should take ginger jokes serious. They have no souls ya know.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  30. #198
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,467

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is a joke. You know IMPROVEVERYWHERE. No one should take ginger jokes serious. They have no souls ya know.


    I was gonna say...

  31. #199
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,357

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    I was just told from someone in the IU athletics department, that they've petitioned the Big Ten to remove Ped State from the conference. I have no idea if any other school has done the same or if anything will come of it but I won't be surprised if the conference goes back to eleven for a short time until a replacement is found.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  32. #200
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,467

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    No way that happens. I just can't see it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •