Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 411

Thread: Penn State accusations

  1. #101
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    You all need to get off JoePas ***, he reported to the AD and it isn't his fault the AD was an idiot. He didn't do anything wrong


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. #102
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,723

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You all need to get off JoePas ***, he reported to the AD and it isn't his fault the AD was an idiot. He didn't do anything wrong
    Who cares that he went to his boss? This isn't an NCAA or a football matter!

    He should have gone to the POLICE. This line of thinking is unconscionable. In most places in this country, if you know about a child getting abused and you do not go to the police, you go to JAIL.

    Now, did Paterno know this for a fact? No, but McQueary did, and he should be behind bars. Paterno had more than enough to take to police though, and he passed the buck and hoped someone else would take care of the problem.

    I am so disgusted by this I don't know where to begin. So many adults were in a position to stop this, and nobody did anything until it was too late.

    The students who rioted last night over losing their football coach shame both themselves and their university. You just found out multiple children were molested on YOUR campus, by one of YOUR football coaches, and you're rioting over who's going to coach next Saturday? Grow up.
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-10-2011 at 07:55 AM.

  3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  4. #103
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry Trader Joe, but I think you are being completely unfair here with who you are calling disgusting. ONE MAN (allegedly, though all evidence supports that he did) committed these acts. TWO MEN knew about it and did nothing. Joe Paterno knew about it and reported it to those two men and they did nothing. Could JoePa have done more? Obviously. But he did what he should have done and it isn't his fault that the other two did jack ****. Still, you are painting Penn St with much to broad a brush. Of course the students will be angry JoePa is out- he lead them for 45 years, most of which they were in the national spotlight.

    I agree that Sandusky is a terrible person and deserves the worst the law can legally dish to him. But calling essentially everyone related to Penn State "disgusting" is too far.
    Bob Knight was fired. There were no riots at IU.

    Joe Paterno is fired and Penn State acts like it is the end of the world.

    Again, the man had a report given to him that a 10 year old boy was anally raped in his locker room and he did not go to the police and what's worse is he allowed that scum, Jerry Sandusky, to continue having an office in the football building even after this was reported. That is the real failing here, why was he allowed to stay around? Joe Pa failed, that is the fact, he failed those kids, he failed future kids, he just failed.

    He should have gone to the police, he should have removed Sandusky from the Penn State premises for good. He should have told him to never come back, but he didn't do any of these things. He went to his
    "superior" and give me a break, only a complete idiot would think the AD was actually Joe Paterno's superior. No individual person on that campus ranks higher than Paterno and that is just a fact.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  6. #104
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who cares that he went to his boss? This isn't an NCAA or a football matter!

    He should have gone to the POLICE. This line of thinking is unconscionable. In most places in this country, if you know about a child getting abused and you do not go to the police, you go to JAIL.

    Now, did Paterno know this for a fact? No, but McQueary did, and he should be behind bars. Paterno had more than enough to take to police though, and he passed the buck and hoped someone else would take care of the problem.

    I am so disgusted by this I don't know where to begin. So many adults were in a position to stop this, and nobody did anything until it was too late.

    The students who rioted last night over losing their football coach shame both themselves and their university. You just found out multiple children were molested on YOUR campus, by one of YOUR football coaches, and you're rioting over who's going to coach next Saturday? Grow up.
    Like someone tweeted last night, all you could really hope as you watched those riots is that none of the victims were watching.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #105
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Anyone else read the grand jury report - very disturbing. so sad that young lives are ruined like that

  8. #106
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Oh...my... God

    SHOCKING PENN STATE RUMOR: Jerry Sandusky 'Pimped Out Young Boys To Rich Donors'

    Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/jerry...#ixzz1dJYpd5gO

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #107
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,186

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    If thats true, then I don't think Penn State should be playing Big Ten football next season at the very least.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  10. #108
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,072

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh...my... God

    SHOCKING PENN STATE RUMOR: Jerry Sandusky 'Pimped Out Young Boys To Rich Donors'

    Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/jerry...#ixzz1dJYpd5gO
    That's from Mark Madden. The same guy that wrote about this whole thing 6 months ago and for whatever reason it never got picked up nationally. So it's not like it's just some random guy.

  11. #109
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,072

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    I honestly think Penn State should consider putting the football program on hiatus indefinitely.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  13. #110

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's from Mark Madden. The same guy that wrote about this whole thing 6 months ago and for whatever reason it never got picked up nationally. So it's not like it's just some random guy.
    World Championship Wrestling Mark Madden?

  14. #111
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,072

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    World Championship Wrestling Mark Madden?
    Yes. He has a sports radio show in Pittsburgh.

  15. #112

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Something still smell's funny here. Too many key players in this story, including victims and victims families and more importantly McQueary have been way too quiet for too many years. Why is he still employed right now? When he goes to OSU, he will get eaten alive.

    This is going to sound disrespectful on some levels, but I think this hasn't even began to unfold. I think your scape goat has been established with Spanier and Paterno on lesser levels. I honestly believe money has exchanged hands. I think victims and there families have been paid to keep there mouths shut and I think McQueary has also.

  16. #113

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ONE MAN (allegedly, though all evidence supports that he did) committed these acts. TWO MEN knew about it and did nothing. Joe Paterno knew about it and reported it to those two men and they did nothing. Could JoePa have done more? Obviously. But he did what he should have done and it isn't his fault that the other two did jack ****.
    We know of about a dozen adults who did next-to-nothing- McQueary, his father, JoePa, the AD, the VP, several janitors who witnessed other assaults, others told by those janitors, and probably dozen of witnesses of dozens of assaults we know nothing about, YET.

    JoaPa's legal responsibility may well been 100% fulfilled by speaking to the AD and the VP. However, when nothing happened at all with regard to a police investigation or arrest, is it right that he didn't follow up on it? Especially since this was not the first time he know about Sandusky and little boys? When he had to be personally involved with forcing the guy to retire, three years earlier, for fooling around with little boys in the shower?

    When JoePa saw Sandusky hanging about the team, the facilities, football events, bowl games, etc, for NINE YEARS afterward, in the company of little boys, did JoePa shake his hand and say "How ya doin' Jerry?" and give the little boy with him a chuck on the shoulder?

    His inaction, over years and years, is reprehensible and inexcusable. It's not just one lapse of judgement JoePa made on one day, it was a mistake he consciously chose not to correct, time and time and time again.

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  18. #114
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We know of about a dozen adults who did next-to-nothing- McQueary, his father, JoePa, the AD, the VP, several janitors who witnessed other assaults, others told by those janitors, and probably dozen of witnesses of dozens of assaults we know nothing about, YET.
    We also know it goes beyond those at Penn State. The people involved with Second Mile were aware of the previous allegations against Sandusky and still provided access to children until 2008.

    The nonprofit agency at the center of the Penn State University child sex abuse scandal had warning signs of questionable conduct by its founder, longtime football defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, a full decade before it acted to ban him from contact with children it served.

    The Second Mile, a program for at-risk youth, said in a statement that it immediately acted in 2008 to ban Mr. Sandusky from programs involving children when he told them he was under investigation for sexual contact with a juvenile but had denied any wrongdoing.

    However, the organization knew as early as 1998 that Mr. Sandusky was under investigation for similar sexual misconduct in a Penn State shower involving a different boy from the program, according to a presentment by a statewide investigating grand jury.

    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11312/1188304-143.stm
    Like Kstat said, it's incomprehensible how many adults turned a blind eye to what was going on and for so long.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  20. #115
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If thats true, then I don't think Penn State should be playing Big Ten football next season at the very least.
    They should be kicked out of the ****ing conference if that is true. I want nothing to do with these slime bags. They are a disgrace.

    And yes the source seems fairly reliable, I have a feeling this is going to get very, very ugly. My dad actually predicted that something higher than Sandusky was at least OK with this based on the fact it was tolerated for so long, and if rich donors were in on it, well that sort of explains it. What a disturbing story, it's like a horror movie.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. #116
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Penn State has entered the Tyson Zone. Nothing will surprise me at this point.

  22. #117
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    The riots really surprise me. I cannot imagine being that obsessively wrapped up in a sports team.

    I don't care if my favorite coach ever was fired because he liked butterflies and the AD didn't. Rioting because a coach lost his job. . . I mean maybe I'd write letters or something.

    I'm actually kinda scared to read whatever it is TJ linked.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  23. #118
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The riots really surprise me. I cannot imagine being that obsessively wrapped up in a sports team.

    I don't care if my favorite coach ever was fired because he liked butterflies and the AD didn't. Rioting because a coach lost his job. . . I mean maybe I'd write letters or something.

    I'm actually kinda scared to read whatever it is TJ linked.
    They happened in Bloomington when Knight was fired too. I don't think it was to this extent, but there was definitely student protests. College atmospheres are more reactionary and follow a mob mentality more than normal society. Plus rampant drinking/drug use, and you get a formula for this sort of thing.

  24. #119
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    What's the scoop on the grad assistant? How is he still around?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  25. #120
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the scoop on the grad assistant? How is he still around?
    That's exactly what I want to know. How is this guy still employed for essentially doing the same thing as Paterno?

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  27. #121
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Because the leaders of the school are fundamentally morons.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  28. #122
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They happened in Bloomington when Knight was fired too. I don't think it was to this extent, but there was definitely student protests. College atmospheres are more reactionary and follow a mob mentality more than normal society. Plus rampant drinking/drug use, and you get a formula for this sort of thing.
    IU just had that gathering in the arboretum, there was nothing even approaching what we saw last night. Students gathered to hear Knight speak and that was it for the most part IIRC, maybe they milled around a bit afterward.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  29. #123
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IU just had that gathering in the arboretum, there was nothing even approaching what we saw last night. Students gathered to hear Knight speak and that was it for the most part IIRC, maybe they milled around a bit afterward.
    They did some marching and tooled around Kirkwood with signs and chants and what not. You're right though, it was nothing like that mayhem last night.

  30. #124
    Old school Dab or new Dab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Gosport
    Age
    41
    Posts
    878
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TWO MEN knew about it and did nothing. Joe Paterno knew about it and reported it to those two men and they did nothing. Could JoePa have done more? Obviously. But he did what he should have done and it isn't his fault that the other two did jack ****.
    I disagree with the last part. Joepa could have and should have done much more to follow up.

  31. #125
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You all need to get off JoePas ***, he reported to the AD and it isn't his fault the AD was an idiot. He didn't do anything wrong


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    This is the attitude that kept getting kids molested and raped by this monster for another 10 years. Good plan.

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •