Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 411

Thread: Penn State accusations

  1. #226

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's going to get a lot lot bigger.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  3. #227
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,067
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    http://www.pennlive.com/editorials/i..._shouldnt.html

    Anyone see this? In 2007, Spanier lobbied for and got an exemption for Penn State to be exempt from the right to know laws in Pennsylvania. ALL other state-related agencies (other than universities) are subject to it, but not Penn State...me thinks something was up with his specific lobbying? Did he know much more at that time?
    Last edited by Stryder; 11-16-2011 at 11:10 PM.

  4. #228
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,361

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he was in any way pimping out boys for money it's going to get a lot lot bigger.
    If thats true, there's going to be tremendous pressure to see PSU shut down their entire athletic program. It'll be another SMU.

    As for Sandusky, that creep needs to be laying low. Its bad enough he lives next to a elementary school, but apparently he's telling people he's going to beat the rap? He better hope for his sake he doesn't get thrown into general population when he gets to the big house.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 11-16-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  5. #229
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,447

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laugh all you want. Two months from now, we won't be hearing much about this. The dust will have settled and some other story will be dominating headlines. That's the way the world works these days.

  6. #230
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,095

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laugh all you want. Two months from now, we won't be hearing much about this. The dust will have settled and some other story will be dominating headlines. That's the way the world works these days.
    I can't say I disagree with you on this. I don't know that it will be gone in a couple months, but it would not surprise me at all.

  7. #231
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,123

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw a rumor about this days ago but haven't heard any follow up, so what prompted you to post this?
    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same as you it was rumored days ago that this could be a reality. If it is I'm sure it will probably come out then there will be a lot of people involved in the charges.
    And it isn't just any rumor. It was started by the guy, Mark Madsen, who first reported the PSU story in April of this year. So he's been the one on top of the entire thing, and four months ahead of everyone else.

  8. #232
    Old school Dab or new Dab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Gosport
    Age
    42
    Posts
    879
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And it isn't just any rumor. It was started by the guy, Mark Madsen, who first reported the PSU story in April of this year. So he's been the one on top of the entire thing, and four months ahead of everyone else.
    Mark Madden, actually - former WCW announcer (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

    Mark Madsen is the former Stanford basketball player.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dab For This Useful Post:


  10. #233
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,300

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mark Madsen is the former Stanford basketball player.
    And one hell of a dancer.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  12. #234
    Old school Dab or new Dab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Gosport
    Age
    42
    Posts
    879
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Nearly two full weeks after the Penn State sex abuse story hit the mainstream media, the scope of the scandal continues to grow. And it's growing not only in terms of number of victims, but in potential duration. The Patriot-News is reporting that the timeline of alleged abuse, which originally went back to the 1990s, may go back much farther than that.

    . . . Thursday morning brought another startling story from the paper. After watching former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky profess his innocence in a televised interview with NBC's Bob Costas, "several potential victims" contacted lawyers to tell their alleged stories of abuse.

    And one of them, the Patriot-News reports, claims the abuse dates back to the 1970s, when Sandusky founded his Second Mile charity in Pennsylvania.

    http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...ontact-lawyers

  13. #235
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Just wait til we find out the charity has been a front for this all along...just wait.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  15. #236
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,151
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...ting-boy-1980s

    Syracuse, your turn is next it seems.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  16. #237
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Good...Lord.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  17. #238
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,151
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    It doesn't have as much going for it as the Penn State scandal does as far as evidence, but if it's true at all then they're going to have to clean house as well.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  18. #239
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,558

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...ting-boy-1980s

    Syracuse, your turn is next it seems.
    What the hell is going on in this country? We inherited many of our democratic principals from ancient Greece, but that doesn't mean we need to mimic their other....characteristics.

  19. #240
    Old school Dab or new Dab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Gosport
    Age
    42
    Posts
    879
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Wow, Boeheim has flat out said the accuser is lying. Interesting.

  20. #241
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Well, if 4 witnesses would not corroborate a molestation allegation against your good friend, you'd be screaming liar from the rooftops too...

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  21. #242
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,447

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    I'm officially worn out with this crap. I don't want to see it, hear it, talk about it, or anything anymore. There is enough depressing **** in the world.

  22. #243
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,222

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm officially worn out with this crap. I don't want to see it, hear it, talk about it, or anything anymore. There is enough depressing **** in the world.

    If any of these scandals get more real victims to come forward and let healing start it is a good thing. We can't let people in positions of power and trust keep perpetrating these horrible crimes. Sounds like too many times this stuff has been swept under the rug or had a blind eye turned to it.

  23. #244
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,222

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, Boeheim has flat out said the accuser is lying. Interesting.

    Of coarse he did. What else is he going to say because if it is true Boeheim's career is over.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  25. #245

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    To add to the surreal turns: Joe Paterno has lung cancer.

  26. #246

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If any of these scandals get more real victims to come forward and let healing start it is a good thing. We can't let people in positions of power and trust keep perpetrating these horrible crimes. Sounds like too many times this stuff has been swept under the rug or had a blind eye turned to it.
    I agree but I also get cdash's point which is why I've stayed away from this story for the past few days I mean it was ugly to begin with its not exactly going to get better why read about it. There seems to be one tragedy after another with sports these past few days if its not pedophilia its plane crashes etc.

    A good sports story would be a nice reprieve.

    However I also think these scandals unfortunately bring out people who take advantage of a situation for their own personal gain too and do a real disservice to the real victims out there.

    And to answer the other post about Paterno having lung cancer I'm not surprised he looked ill I mean he's almost 85 its a matter of time. Would also explain why he gave his wife the house for $1 so she's taken care of.

  27. #247
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,123

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would also explain why he gave his wife the house for $1 so she's taken care of.
    If he passed, the house would have been hers anyways.

  28. #248
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he passed, the house would have been hers anyways.
    Estate taxes and their rules are extremely lenient this year. A lot of people are taking advantage of it and passing on assets. That is likely what happened here IMO. Estate planning by Paterno if the cancer took a turn for the worse.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  30. #249

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    Not surprising, but still disgusting: one of the newest victims to come forward is a Sandusky family member, presumably one of his 6 adopted kids.

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-attorney-says

    What a total scum of the Earth.

  31. #250
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,361

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Penn State accusations

    He gonna have fun in prison.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •