Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn State accusations

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Penn State accusations

Anyone who knew about this and didn't go to the police, deserve to rot in ****. In fact, I wouldn't be opposed to sending them there if someone allowed it. I can forgive a ton of things on this planet, but this isn't one of them.

Especially that spineless prick who walked in on it and called his daddy instead of beating that man over the head with the nearest football helmet.

Ugh.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These charges are very serious and disturbing, and everyone at the university should be removed, including Joe Paterno, but what bothers me is just how badly the media wants Paterno to be out of Penn State. This is something that's been boiling for years and they've been trying to get him out for years, they've finally gotten a reason to get him out of there.

I'm not trying to cover the bigger issue which are the disturbing charges, and if true the scumbags involved should get a long jail sentence, but this is a little ridiculous the hatred towards Joe Paterno, unless things change in that regard.
    He was told a 10 year old boy was being raped in his locker rooms and he didn't call the cops. If anything, they're being too nice to Paterno trying to constantly remind us of all the good he has done.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Good article by SI, including some history of Joe Pa glassing over other issues.

Paterno has done far more good than harm in his career. But if you have been paying attention, you know that he has a bad habit of minimizing serious allegations.
    When Penn State receiver Tony Johnson was arrested for driving under the influence a few years ago, Paterno said he would discipline him "just because I have to send a message to the squad that it is inappropriate to be out in the middle of the week having a couple of drinks."
    Police said Johnson had a blood-alcohol level of .136, well above the legal limit.
    Before a bowl game against Penn State in 2006, Florida State linebacker A.J. Nicholson was accused of sexual assault. Remember: This was not Paterno's player. He didn't have to say anything.
    But he said this: "There are so many people gravitating to these kids. Maybe he didn't know what he was getting into, Nicholson. Somebody will knock on the door. A cute girl knocks on the door. What do you do?
    "Thank God, they don't knock on my door. I'd refer them to a couple of other rooms.
    "But that's too bad. You hate to see that, you really do. You'd like to see a kid end up his career. And he's a heck of a football player, he really is. It's just too bad. That's all I can say. It's just too bad."
    To sum up, we have:
    1. An administration that feels it can't control Joe Paterno.
    2. Paterno's habit of minimizing serious allegations.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1dAHSbubX

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Where's Chris Hansen when you need him?

Also if I were a PSU football player I'd never set foot in that lockerroom again.. *shudder*

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

After reviewing the timeline and reading the whole disgusting grand jury transcript, I was stupid to even half-heartedly try to understand Joe Pa's position earlier in this thread.

The witness description of the showering with a boy in 2002, no matter how detailed or not, was 4 years AFTER the coach was previously investigated (1998), which must have had a lot to do with his sudden retirement a year after that.

If I am Joe Pa, even if the witness simply told me he saw "horseplay in the shower" then I do call the AD just to ask him to meet me and the witness down at the police station, because I know the details. I had reviewed the somewhat similar details 4 years earlier and forced a coach to retire because of it.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 11-08-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Pretty surprised Sandusky hasn't blown his brains out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Pretty surprised Sandusky hasn't blown his brains out yet.
    Why? The man has no shred of human decency whatsoever and has been doing this for probably decades at this rate he doesn't feel he's doing anything wrong. After all why would he? Nobody ever held him accountable for it.

Blowing his brains out would be the only decent thing he has ever done at this point.

Wow, those Paterno sexual assault comments re: the FSU player are incredibly disgusting.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    These charges are very serious and disturbing, and everyone at the university should be removed, including Joe Paterno, but what bothers me is just how badly the media wants Paterno to be out of Penn State. This is something that's been boiling for years and they've been trying to get him out for years, they've finally gotten a reason to get him out of there.

I'm not trying to cover the bigger issue which are the disturbing charges, and if true the scumbags involved should get a long jail sentence, but this is a little ridiculous the hatred towards Joe Paterno, unless things change in that regard.
    How is it ridiculous? These allegations have been surrounding this man for 10+ years and JoePa not only knew about them, but continued to let that scumbag around his program.

If YOU were the coach, and you had a pedophile on your staff, would you just ignore it and watch him continually bring around little boys? I doubt it.

Joe turned his back on the law, on what little morals he did have, and his back to every child in the world. No, I'm not exaggerating. When grown *** men cover something up as horrible as this, it puts kids everywhere in danger. How many lives did he screw up by keeping his mouth shut? There's 9 kids that have stepped forward, and I bet there are many more out there.

It's disgusting, and I hope he spends some of his last days behind bars where he belongs.

Age is not an excuse.

retirement, not immediate, but after the season:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...on-sources-say

That seems to minimize the seriousness of this situation. I think it should be immediate for both JoePa and the assistant coach who did nothing, along with the university president, the AD, etc.

I hope he's arrested on the sidelines of a game. If he wants to stay in the spotlight, then turn the beams on high.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    retirement, not immediate, but after the season:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...on-sources-say

That seems to minimize the seriousness of this situation. I think it should be immediate for both JoePa and the assistant coach who did nothing, along with the university president, the AD, etc.
    I'm going to be really disappointed if they make it to the B1G championship game, luckily their last few games here are pretty tough.

To me, JoePa staying around just shows that the guy is clearly not altogether upstairs anymore. No one who is thinking straight should want to stay around with these sort of allegations around.

Of course, the university isn't thinking straight either by letting him stay around. Bob Knight was forced out for less, Woody Hayes was forced out for less, why is Joe Paterno being allowed to dictate the terms of how he leaves? Boot his *** out the door already.

However, no one has thought straight or done a sensical thing this whole damn time around Penn State.

Only conclusion that makes sense, the people running Penn State are 1.) asleep at the wheel or 2.) Complete idiots.

Also, I'm sort of disgusted that the Penn State student body is showing so much support for Paterno. Someone should point out to the 18-22 year old men in the group that was supporting him last night, that they very easily could have been one of those 10-13 year old boys that was abused, assaulted, and demeaned by Sandusky.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...udents-support

I posted this in another thread but it really belongs here-
    I haven't been following this closely but the allegations are so over the top that it makes me think there's something missing here. How could he be so brave and nobody say anything or do anything? That doesn't make sense without more to the story. Even if you'd say that nobody did anything because they were worried about the reputation of the team and university... wouldn't they get rid of this guy for one trumped up reason or another (immediately at the time) before he got caught and the whole thing goes public? Even if they had to pay him money to go away and 'resign'.... Why would they keep him around if they were worried about their reputation?? If he's acting so brazenly as has been alleged then how could they expect this stay on the down low?

I could understand the angle they wouldn't want the story to break so didn't act properly in going to the authorities... I don't agree with that action (or inaction) but understand that argument. But that doesn't explain allowing him to continue on with him being so obvious with what was happening. That's where the disconnect is for me... Has this been explained and I've missed it?
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Bball they did make him "retire" back in 1999, but they allowed him to stay around the university for some un-explained reason.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Wow...retirement at the end of the season is the absolute minimum they could do...sort of fits the patter of doing the absolute minimum throughout this whole mess...

cheers or boos for JoePa on Saturday?

'devastated' JoePa: "With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more"

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ire-end-season

At least there is something in his statement that we can grab onto and say that maybe he gets it.

"I am absolutely devastated by the developments in this case. I grieve for the children and their families, and I pray for their comfort and relief"

"I have come to work every day for the last 61 years with one clear goal in mind: To serve the best interests of this university and the young men who have been entrusted to my care. I have the same goal today."

"That's why I have decided to announce my retirement effective at the end of this season. At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute discussing my status. They have far more important matters to address. I want to make this as easy for them as I possibly can."

"This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more. My goals now are to keep my commitments to my players and staff and finish the season with dignity and determination. And then I will spend the rest of my life doing everything I can to help this university."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Something along the lines of "I let my love for and loyalty to this university cloud my judgement" would have been more in order. As it is all I hear is a man making excuses for not acting like one.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

The benefit of hindsight? Does he really need benefit of hindsight to see that a boy getting raped in your locker room is wrong? I dunno, I don't think it shows he gets it, I just think it shows he can read a prepared statement.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I am not saying it is nearly enough, but it is at least a sign that somebody at Penn State shows at least an ounce of regret for their own inaction. While that sentiment should be one that is obvious to have, it is one that hasn't been expressed yet, to my knowledge.

The statement still covers up that regret with restating his committment to the university, as is that was equally important.

It also sort of challenges the board of trustees to go against his wishes if they want him out immediately, and as a result it would divide the university even more among his apparent on-campus defenders and his detractors both on-campus and elsewhere.

IMO, it's just further inaction from a university that has shown it doesn't have the guts to take action.

Bob Knight, Woody Hayes, the landscape is littered with coaches who have been disposed for a lot less.

I don't think the university made this statement or even approved it. We will see what the board of trustees does, and if they have the guts to accelerate the retirement.

Since the university president has yet to say a peep, we know he is either gutless or essentially already out of power. It seems to be up to the board to do the right thing or to cower and do nothing. I would think that they have to say something, though, and TODAY.

I heard on the radio this morning that the BOT will be meeting today.

get a load of this twit pic of a letter to recruits from the coach who saw a child being raped and neither said nor did anything:

http://ology.com/sports/mike-mcquear...ithout-scandal
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 11-09-2011 at 01:41 PM.