Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn State accusations

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Penn State accusations

They should not be allowed to represent the Big Ten in the first conference championship game at the very least, and IMO that should just be the first of the many lashings this athletic department deserves to have. They were still paying for trips to bowl games for this jackass as recently as 2007 and he was taking victims to these events.

Sad that Joe Pa's career will end in such shame, but perhaps not if he was involved in the cover up.

Pretty disgusted right now at the whole university to be honest.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Penn State accusations

Yeah, it's downright uncalled for and sickening.

Honestly, it makes the stuff that went on at Miami look like littering, at least then we were dealing with people over the age of 18.

We let them into our conference in 1993 and now this started taking place just two years later? Assuming of course that he just suddenly became a child molestor over night. If they are allowed to be in the inaugural conference championship, I will be deeply saddened.

All of them need punished, and that includes the GA coach who found them. Merely reporting the situation to Joe Pa wasn't enough, clearly, and it shouldn't have been his only course of action.

How do you not phsyically remove the kid and take him straight to the hospital? A 10 year olds *** cannot take a fully grown mans ****, without inflicting serious phsyical damage to the kid. I hate to be so direct, but there's really no way of dancing around the issue.

The whole situation sickens me. Not a single person handled it the way they should have.

Death penalty for the program?

It is very odd the way this was handled.

If I were the eyewitness to THAT, I know that there are other things I do besides talking to people in-house. I make sure the kid is safe, and then I am in a police station rather than in a coach's office. That is the kind of crime for which keeping things in-house simply doesn't apply.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I like the Penn State fans that say this shouldn't become an NCAA issue...yeah hilarious.

The scumbag and anyone helping him deserve to rot in jail here on Earth and pay a higher price later on, if you believe in that sort of thing.

I'm not a Penn State person, and obviously this case is terrible, and I am not inclined to defend them in any way. However... we have to find out if there was indeed an organized cover-up going on. It sounds like the witness told Paterno a watered-down version of the account he gave to the grand jury years later.

With that in mind, are we completely sure that this really is an NCAA issue? The guy was not an employee of the University and as far as we know, none of the victims were involved with the University either. It would seem that the NCAA's involvement only makes sense if it is provable that people in the University knowingly covered up a crime to avoid embarassing the University. The legal system will sort that out, in time. Until then I am not sure what the NCAA can or should do in this case.

It took place on University grounds, heck in Penn State locker rooms. We have allegations that some of these boys were taken to Penn State bowl games and other events using school money. How does this not apply to the NCAA?

Gotta be honest: When I first saw the kiddie/rape thing I thought it would be an SEC school. Sounds like a real Kentucky thing to do.

On a more serious note, there's really nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. Truly horrific that something like this can happen. Penn State needs to clean house. If they were looking for an excuse to push JoePa out the door, this is certainly it.

I couldn't care less what the NCAA does to their program, everyone's fired as they should be who's left to punish? I'd much prefer actual justice and long jail sentences for these sacks of garbage.

Well, yeah I hope they all get tossed in jail for a long, long time, but I think the NCAA has to look at what happened here, especially if the AD was not contacting authorities and if it took place on campus grounds.

Just want to make clear that not in any way did I mean you were meaning for NCAA sanctions or whatever to take precedence over actual legal rulings.

I fully support letting the case play out, but I don't see any way anyone remotely tied to this remains employed by the school. This is a state school supported by state funding that represents all of rural Pennsylvania. This happened at Purdue you bet your *** I'd cut off all my funding (however small) to the JPC if everyone weren't gone. If they all get canned, then really there's no one to punish but the players that had no idea.

Players get sanctioned all the time for the actions of past coaches for stuff a lot less trivial than this.

And in every case I can think of it's retarded. Based on the current standings Penn State has a legitimate shot of representing the B10 in whatever BCS bowl the conference goes to, maybe even a pretty solid shot. I'd completely support a ban on this current PSU squad from the B10 title game and any bowl game they'd be invited to. It'd obviously be an awful few media days of this whole thing getting rehashed. That'd be a simple business decision for the conference and all the schools as a whole.

HOWEVA, should Delaney put on his big boy pants and ban PSU from the postseason, which I honestly don't even think he could do, and then we go through an offseason and PSU cleans house, which they clearly would/should with any sort of guilty verdict/plea deal, I honestly see no reason to sanction them. Penn State's a university and fanbase that prides themselves, sometimes too much so, on "doing it the right way," look up any kind of NCAA sanctions or whatever. Won't find one.

That's why this is so stunning to me. I'm willing to give the shot callers, meaning the presidents not affiliated with athletics and ESPECIALLY the boosters, the benefit of the doubt right now that if come September 2012 it's not a gutted athletic department then they'll be dead in the water, Legend of JoePa be dammed. Penn State's by far the cleanest BCS program you'll find in the last...well, my lifetime, I'm 27. I honestly have faith in them doing what needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the Penn State fans that say this shouldn't become an NCAA issue...yeah hilarious.
    If this doesn't fall under " Lack of institutional control " I don't know what does. Joe Pa needs to step down and he shouldn't be on those inspirational big 10 commercials either. Not going to the police is an absolute joke. He should have been outraged. Everyone should have been outraged.

But I don't think the team should be punished and not allowed to play in the title game. If they even get there btw. They have a brutal schedule.

Everyone involved needs to step down now. Including Paterno.

This sick **** has six adopted children.

Also he has autobiography called " Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story ". You can't even make this **** up.

This is just disgusting. PSU fans worrying about Paternos legacy should be ashamed.

I'll be stunned if Paterno doesn't retire before saturdays game.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, this is most definitely an NCAA issue. The man (and I use that term loosely) used his access to the University facilities and athletic department money to acquire, hide, and entertain his victims. Then, when informed of a direct eye witness account of the crimes, athletic department personnel broke the law by not immediately reporting it to police. This includes the graduate assistant and Paterno who should have reported to police in addition to their athletic department. After he survived this scare of being caught with his penis inside a child, I'm sure it only emboldened this cretin to cull even more victims. Everyone involved in this should be absolutley ashamed of themselves. Penn State fans should be ashamed of thier university. Big Ten fans should be outraged. There's nothing going on in college sports with athletes, boosters, and money right now worse than this. NOTHING. If that's not an NCAA issue I don't know what is.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    And in every case I can think of it's retarded. Based on the current standings Penn State has a legitimate shot of representing the B10 in whatever BCS bowl the conference goes to, maybe even a pretty solid shot. I'd completely support a ban on this current PSU squad from the B10 title game and any bowl game they'd be invited to. It'd obviously be an awful few media days of this whole thing getting rehashed. That'd be a simple business decision for the conference and all the schools as a whole.

HOWEVA, should Delaney put on his big boy pants and ban PSU from the postseason, which I honestly don't even think he could do, and then we go through an offseason and PSU cleans house, which they clearly would/should with any sort of guilty verdict/plea deal, I honestly see no reason to sanction them. Penn State's a university and fanbase that prides themselves, sometimes too much so, on "doing it the right way," look up any kind of NCAA sanctions or whatever. Won't find one.

That's why this is so stunning to me. I'm willing to give the shot callers, meaning the presidents not affiliated with athletics and ESPECIALLY the boosters, the benefit of the doubt right now that if come September 2012 it's not a gutted athletic department then they'll be dead in the water, Legend of JoePa be dammed. Penn State's by far the cleanest BCS program you'll find in the last...well, my lifetime, I'm 27. I honestly have faith in them doing what needs to be done.
    I wanted to bold that last part, because right now it seems that the perception may not have matched up with the reality.

Anyway, I think at the very least you need to remove them from the B1G Championship Game, just declare them ineligible now pending further investigations. This prevents them from getting a BCS bid and prevents a whole lot of awkward questions for the players and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    If this doesn't fall under " Lack of institutional control " I don't know what does. Joe Pa needs to step down and he shouldn't be on those inspirational big 10 commercials either. Not going to the police is an absolute joke. He should have been outraged. Everyone should have been outraged.

But I don't think the team should be punished and not allowed to play in the title game. If they even get there btw. They have a brutal schedule.

Everyone involved needs to step down now. Including Paterno.
    Yep, to me that's the rule that at the very least has to be involved here. If an athletic department can get busted for failing to report something like a free t-shirt given to a recruit, then they should definitely be eligible to see some sanctions for not reporting this.

How can a man walk in on a child being raped and not do anything about it? How can you turn your back and walk away? I'm about to get sick.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Yeah, this is most definitely an NCAA issue. The man (and I use that term loosely) used his access to the University facilities and athletic department money to acquire, hide, and entertain his victims. Then, when informed of a direct eye witness account of the crimes, athletic department personnel broke the law by not immediately reporting it to police. This includes the graduate assistant and Paterno who should have reported to police in addition to their athletic department. After he survived this scare of being caught with his penis inside a child, I'm sure it only emboldened this cretin to cull even more victims. Everyone involved in this should be absolutley ashamed of themselves. Penn State fans should be ashamed of thier university. Big Ten fans should be outraged. There's nothing going on in college sports with athletes, boosters, and money right now worse than this. NOTHING. If that's not an NCAA issue I don't know what is.
    Yep, if this doesn't become an NCAA issue I'll be deeply saddened. The graduate assistant in particular should be ashamed. But come on it took place ON PENN STATE property, it involved an assistant coach, the head coach, the athletic director, I mean Jesus. How many boxes does it have to check for the NCAA to get involved? But good Lord, if this was one too many phone calls or an athlete signing his name on a jersey so he could get a free dinner the NCAA blood hounds would be all over it.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 11-08-2011 at 09:25 AM.

If Joe Pa/Penn St are willing to cover up the rape of a minor, I'm pretty sure they'd have no problem covering up NCAA violations. Ohio St. used to hang their hat on the integrity of their coach too, and look what happened.

Benefit of the doubt went out the window the exact time this story dropped.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

My understanding was that at least one of the first incidents did go to the police and to the district attorney who decided, somehow, to not press charges even when confronted with the evidence provided by the parent of a victim, including a legally taped phone conversation with the scumbag, implicating himself. The district attorney has apparently been missing and presumed dead for 6 years, in another very odd twist.

I don't know how many incidents there were or when it first got reported. Obviously if it was delayed at all, some large degree of responsibility is on anyone who helped to delay it.

I still can't get over the reaction of the adult eyewitness. To just leave the building without STOPPING IT, and then to not go to the police, is irresponsibility-squared.

Lots of blame to go around here. Wonder what Joe P will do and say today.