Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 135 of 135

Thread: Falcons @ Colts Game/Post-Game

  1. #126
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Falcons @ Colts Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I don't think he will be allowed to play with nerve damage and neither you nor anyone else knows whether the nerve damage will be reversed. So with all the ifs you propose we will just have to wait and see but I am NOT talking about physical impact so can we just limit this discussion to whether Peyton can regain his throwing magic. Might i remind you that Peyton will be 36 before you give him 4 or 5 more years.
    But, you are quick to turn on Peyton and start a new game changer cause of Peyton's age? Lets give him his rehab and see how it turns out before wanting a new game changer. Who is this new game changer btw? Andrew Luck? An unproven NFL QB, another college hopeful, yet a new game changer? All premature. Give me back Peyton fully healthy till 42 yrs. old plz!

    Greatest QB in NFL History, The one that makes nobody's and average players great!

  2. #127
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Falcons @ Colts Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's the thing though: The Colts might not be able to have answers to these questions by March 8, which is the date we have to make a decision on his contract. It's very possible that on that date, both the Colts and Peyton still won't know for sure if he will be able to make throws at an NFL quality level. It's not like we're going to get to watch him in a training camp or anything. Given that Peyton himself just said that the fusion still hasn't taken place, we have only four months for: 1) the fusion to take place and heal and 2) see that Manning can still make NFL caliber throws and be relied on to stay healthy. That's a pretty tight window.....

    So if it's March 8 and you are sitting there with the number 1 pick in the draft, are you going to risk taking up a 4 year option (including 28 million in 2012) for a guy who may or may not be able to play? It would be almost impossible for the Colts to justify doing that, even if it's for Peyton Manning.
    Well, this is getting off base but I would love to reply to this.
    First, I hope Peyton is fully rehabing by then and throwing for an evaluation. However, the 28 million sign bonus does'nt matter. Manning has made Jimbo to the Billionaires list 3 of the last 5 years that I know of and 28 million signing bonus is peanuts. Doesn't hurt cap and he can still be released as the rest of his contract after the 28 million is not garuanteed. So, Draft Luck if possible and see how things go. No immidiate hurry! Luck will be a great trade if Peyton fully recovers and if not we do have a new starter. Hope Luck works out if that happens, I just hope Luck doesn't have to take the field for the Colts next year.

  3. #128
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,848

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Falcons @ Colts Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But, you are quick to turn on Peyton and start a new game changer cause of Peyton's age? Lets give him his rehab and see how it turns out before wanting a new game changer. Who is this new game changer btw? Andrew Luck? An unproven NFL QB, another college hopeful, yet a new game changer? All premature. Give me back Peyton fully healthy till 42 yrs. old plz!

    Greatest QB in NFL History, The one that makes nobody's and average players great!


    This has little to do with how great Peyton is. We all love Peyton and wanted more than anything for him to play here for 18 or so years until age 40.

    This has nothing to do with being quick to turn on Peyton. By March 8, we have to know with reasonable certainty that he can play at a high level because we are going to have to decide if we pick up a 4 year option on him, which includes 28 million dollars in 2012. Think about it: the fusion still hasn't taken even taken place yet. So first that has to happen, then he has to get cleared to throw and workout again, and THEN he has to show if he can still make throws at an NFL quality level. All of this has to happen in a tight four month window.

    Again, no one is turning on Peyton. This is a bizarre situation that no one could have dreamed of. A HOF career is in danger of being stopped dead in it's tracks after just 13 years. Our team is so damn pitiful without him that we are now the favorites to get the first pick in a draft that just happens to feature one of the most hyped college QB's ever. And to top it all off, Manning himself structured his contract in a way that gives us the option to walk away if it looks like he can't play. The only kicker is that we have to make the decision by March 8, which really isn't that far off at all. So if the Colts have doubt that he can play, how can they really justify spending all that money on him when they have the chance to draft his heir?

  4. #129
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Falcons @ Colts Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This has little to do with how great Peyton is. We all love Peyton and wanted more than anything for him to play here for 18 or so years until age 40.

    This has nothing to do with being quick to turn on Peyton. By March 8, we have to know with reasonable certainty that he can play at a high level because we are going to have to decide if we pick up a 4 year option on him, which includes 28 million dollars in 2012. Think about it: the fusion still hasn't taken even taken place yet. So first that has to happen, then he has to get cleared to throw and workout again, and THEN he has to show if he can still make throws at an NFL quality level. All of this has to happen in a tight four month window.

    Again, no one is turning on Peyton. This is a bizarre situation that no one could have dreamed of. A HOF career is in danger of being stopped dead in it's tracks after just 13 years. Our team is so damn pitiful without him that we are now the favorites to get the first pick in a draft that just happens to feature one of the most hyped college QB's ever. And to top it all off, Manning himself structured his contract in a way that gives us the option to walk away if it looks like he can't play. The only kicker is that we have to make the decision by March 8, which really isn't that far off at all. So if the Colts have doubt that he can play, how can they really justify spending all that money on him when they have the chance to draft his heir?
    From the origianl post that this was generated from, yes this had everything to do with what I said ...you are inflating, changing the subject. But, thats ok, im having fun with it. You may want to go back where this conversation started with me and Speakout4 tho.

  5. #130
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,848

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Falcons @ Colts Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From the origianl post that this was generated from, yes this had everything to do with what I said ...you are inflating, changing the subject. But, thats ok, im having fun with it. You may want to go back where this conversation started with me and Speakout4 tho.


    I'm not changing the subject at all. You seem to equate people disagreeing with you to changing the subject. I'm sorry that pointing out some unfortunate facts is "inflating" the subject.

    First, you brought up Hayden. Then me, Speak, and Shade said that his situation wasn't quite the same because he doesn't have to throw laser accurate passes like Manning. Everyone gets your point about Hayen, but Manning is different than Hayden in that we have to know with reasonable certainty by March 8 if he can throw laser accurate passes or not.

    Then you said "do you really think doctors will allow him to play" and "do you really think Peyton Manning will actually come in game and throw ducks all over the field for the love of the game?"

    I addressed this point spot on and did not change the subject. As I've said twice, it might be impossible for the Colts, the doctors, and Peyton to know in just a mere four months if Peyton can throw NFL caliber passes and stay healthy in the process. Again, the fusion still hasn't even taken place yet. Once it does, he has to get cleared to throw, workout, regain muscle, and THEN show that he can still throw at an NFL quality level. All of this has to take place by March 8. Again, I'm sorry that pointing this out is "inflating" and "changing" the subject.

    On March 8, Peyton Manning and the Colts might not know if he will throw wounded ducks or not.

  6. #131
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Falcons @ Colts Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a chance to take a young Peyton or an old Peyton coming off an injury. I'll take the new game changer which this team needs because it is totally deflated.
    I'm not certain Peyton will be healthy. Perhaps if he were younger this injury wouldn't be a big deal but who knows if his nerves will recover such that he has arm strength. They compared his injury to Hayden's today but Hayden doesn't have to do what Peyton does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, not at all, Hayden just tackles guys with his shoulders, arms, and head, compressing his vertebrea. Hmmm!

    The above is the conversation I was on and below is where it has ended up with you in it...all the way to March 8th. Which I did reply to you on that as I noted.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not changing the subject at all. You seem to equate people disagreeing with you to changing the subject. I'm sorry that pointing out some unfortunate facts is "inflating" the subject.

    First, you brought up Hayden. Then me, Speak, and Shade said that his situation wasn't quite the same because he doesn't have to throw laser accurate passes like Manning. Everyone gets your point about Hayen, but Manning is different than Hayden in that we have to know with reasonable certainty by March 8 if he can throw laser accurate passes or not.

    Then you said "do you really think doctors will allow him to play" and "do you really think Peyton Manning will actually come in game and throw ducks all over the field for the love of the game?"

    I addressed this point spot on and did not change the subject. As I've said twice, it might be impossible for the Colts, the doctors, and Peyton to know in just a mere four months if Peyton can throw NFL caliber passes and stay healthy in the process. Again, the fusion still hasn't even taken place yet. Once it does, he has to get cleared to throw, workout, regain muscle, and THEN show that he can still throw at an NFL quality level. All of this has to take place by March 8. Again, I'm sorry that pointing this out is "inflating" and "changing" the subject.

    On March 8, Peyton Manning and the Colts might not know if he will throw wounded ducks or not.

  7. #132
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,366
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Falcons @ Colts Game/Post-Game

    I heard that Irsay had a tweet after the game about ...this chronic losing will not be tolerated...

    Is there anything we can make of that? I know I'd like to.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  8. #133

    Default Re: Falcons @ Colts Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's the thing though: The Colts might not be able to have answers to these questions by March 8, which is the date we have to make a decision on his contract. It's very possible that on that date, both the Colts and Peyton still won't know for sure if he will be able to make throws at an NFL quality level. It's not like we're going to get to watch him in a training camp or anything. Given that Peyton himself just said that the fusion still hasn't taken place, we have only four months for: 1) the fusion to take place and heal and 2) see that Manning can still make NFL caliber throws and be relied on to stay healthy. That's a pretty tight window.....
    The colts brass absolutely won't know for sure if Manning can "stay" healthy and be reliable for the next 4 years by March just like the Colts won't know for sure if Luck will pan out at the pro level and this is why they pick up the option. Mind you the 28 mill cap hit can be spread out over the years and Manning can pseudo retire if he thinks his ability to play is 1-2 years out.

    What we do know is that Manning was throwing the ball after the 2nd surgery and had a set back in the rehab. He got the best surgery for the neck problem and it has a high success rate.

    To answer point 1) though is the fusion won't take place for entire year. The nerves however won't need the fusion to take place in order to heal and restore feeling wherever he has lost it.

    Bottom line. You draft Luck no matter what and you pick up the option if Manning is even slightly progressing in his rehab.

  9. #134

    Default Re: Falcons @ Colts Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard that Irsay had a tweet after the game about ...this chronic losing will not be tolerated...

    Is there anything we can make of that? I know I'd like to.

    He did use the word "Chronic"

    Take what you will

  10. #135

    Default Re: Falcons @ Colts Game/Post-Game

    I was at the game via business trip.

    Things will be interesting for the Colts this offseason. Do they let their franchise player go or do they begin anew and start the rebuilding process?

    The fans are trying to take "Old" Peyton out of the picture and bring in "New" Peyton (Andrew Luck).

    You're welcome for the free loss we gave you guys to add to your collection of 9.

    Oh well, maybe this is their week.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •