Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kravitz takes aim at Chris Polian

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kravitz takes aim at Chris Polian

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought the 2009 draft class was pretty good
    You thought the draft that got us complete busts Donald Brown and Fili Moala in the 1st and 2nd rounds was a good draft?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    You thought the draft that got us complete busts Donald Brown and Fili Moala in the 1st and 2nd rounds was a good draft?

They might've meant Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDanimal View Post
    Wasn't it prescription drugs/pain killers?

I agree with the above poster, I think Irsay is more hands on than Simon. Personally I like how both run the team, higher football people to do the jobs and stay out of it.
    Yes, it was pain killers prescribed to treat a severe back problem.

Irsay has been hands on for almost the entire time he has taken over the team from his father. Where some of you get the opposite opinion is beyond me. A daughter is heavily involved in the family business as well, and has earned respect not through her former last name, but due to her hard-working nature and fast growing education within her specialties.

The article above contained a nice piece about a woman who called Irsay by mistake to report that she would not be in to work that day... and about Irsay assisting the family from time to time.

There are many movers and shakers throughout Indianapolis that do good deeds that you will never read about. Buying fully equipped vans for paraplegics and quadraplegics. Providing free transportation to New York, Houston and Minneapolis hospitals to enable specialty treatments for local citizens afflicted with terrible illnesses. And, even providing last minute wishes and free transportation for families anywhere they wish to go.... throughout the entire world.

Irsay is such a person. He should be appreciated and respected well beyond the lines of a football field.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    They might've meant Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon
    You are supposed to score at the top of the draft where impact players are found.. Scoring in the middle or late rounds is gravy

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    You are supposed to score at the top of the draft where impact players are found.. Scoring in the middle or late rounds is gravy
    Besides, I think a strong argument can be made that Peyton Manning can make any receiver/tight end look better than they actually are.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    If Polian were to walk away right now, he would go down as one of the best GMs in this history of the sport. I'm not making excuses for him, because I'm as irritated with the direction this team has taken as anyone, but come on people get serious.
    He built this team on the field right now. That can't be defended. I'm not sure they could beat most college teams right now. Maybe Bill was good in the past but he hasn't been good in quite a while. His draft selections over the last 5-6 years have to be one of the most disappointing in football. We almost always fall short in the playoffs because we are not built for the playoffs and he's had a decade to get it right and instead it has gotten worse. Defend him all you want but I'm not buying it. Peyton covered up the fact that he hasn't been good in a long time. I've wanted him gone long before the rest the starters fiasco so I'm not just jumping on him because of this year. Peyton makes everybody look better so even Polian's picks that did pan out somewhat aren't quite what we thought they were. I'm not a big fan of Kravitz but he nailed that one. Even the experts are saying the Colts don't even look like an NFL team out there. With better management Peyton would have 2 or 3 rings right now.
    Last edited by presto123; 11-10-2011 at 07:34 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    He built this team on the field right now. That can't be defended. I'm not sure they could beat most college teams right now. Maybe Bill was good in the past but he hasn't been good in quite a while. His draft selections over the last 5-6 years have to be one of the most disappointing in football. We almost always fall short in the playoffs because we are not built for the playoffs and he's had a decade to get it right and instead it has gotten worse. Defend him all you want but I'm not buying it. Peyton covered up the fact that he hasn't been good in a long time. I've wanted him gone long before the rest the starters fiasco so I'm not just jumping on him because of this year. Peyton makes everybody look better so even Polian's picks that did pan out somewhat aren't quite what we thought they were. I'm not a big fan of Kravitz but he nailed that one. Even the experts are saying the Colts don't even look like an NFL team out there. With better management Peyton would have 2 or 3 rings right now.
    Yes, he did build the crappy product we are watching every week. I agree that it's pathetic and it should never have gotten this bad, but to play devil's advocate here--he did build this team around the premise that Peyton Manning would be it's quarterback. Look, we all knew if Manning ever went down we would be in deep trouble. This bad? No, never, but we knew it wouldn't be pretty. As we have discussed ad nauseum, this entire team, offense, defense, you name it, was built around Manning and his ability to get the team early leads. Yes, we have drafted bad, yes, the front office nepotism is a serious problem, yes Bill Polian is probably past his prime as an NFL GM. That said, he has been the architect of numerous Super Bowl teams and orchestrated dramatic turnarounds at all his NFL stops. His resume is as impressive as they come. I won't get into the silly argument of management being at fault for us not having multiple Super Bowl titles. They are incredibly hard to win and there are no guarantees. While I agree we probably need wholesale changes (coaching first, Chris Polian needs to be corralled at the very least, etc.), but I won't go so far as to blame everything on the Polians or anyone one facet of the organization. This kind of downfall is the perfect storm of poor management/drafting, a litany of injuries, bad coaching, and just bad luck. The sky is not falling, and as an organization I still don't think we are in all that bad of shape--at least not as bad as some of the naysayers around here proclaim.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Yep I agree with this but I thought he was referring to them not the other two guys.

And while Polian was a good GM once his time has passed. It happens to them all.

The Colts can only bounce back from this if they clean out the front office and coaching staff entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Yep I agree with this but I thought he was referring to them not the other two guys.

And while Polian was a good GM once his time has passed. It happens to them all.

The Colts can only bounce back from this if they clean out the front office and coaching staff entirely.
    Agree but I don't think Irsay will do that even if we go 0-16. At bare minimum I'm at least hoping for a new coach, new DC, and a new defensive scheme.

New players?

Not as easy to add en mass as new coaching staff, but have to start now and have to get more creative - hopefully - in approaches to acquiring them.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Besides, I think a strong argument can be made that Peyton Manning can make any receiver/tight end look better than they actually are.
    I think in some instances, but not with Collie. The offense grinded to a halt when he went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I think in some instances, but not with Collie. The offense grinded to a halt when he went down.
    They lost Clark as well during Collies absence. IMO it was the combination of losing a good slot reciever and a probowl TE that caused the offense to sputter.

Man that 2007 class stinks.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Yeah it's just putrid. And that bum Tony Ugoh cost us our first round pick in 08. So the stench of the 07 draft unfortunately wasn't just contained to 2007.