Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official Deron Williams 2012 Thread

Default Re: The Official Deron Williams 2012 Thread

Deron is a great PG, IMO the 2nd best pure PG right now behind Paul. While I think highly of him, I believe the best move to make by the Pacers is adding a great big man, ideally Dwight Howard. That is the key to championship I believe. If you look at the past championship teams, many of them survived without an all-star caliber PG but they have in the line-up an all-star big man (Lakers - Shaq, Spurs - Duncan, Lakers again - Pau, Pistons - Wallace duo, Boston - KG, Dallas - Dirk). If either Roy becomes an all-star level center, West returns to all-star form or we get another all-star big from free agency or trade without too much removal of the core group, our shot at a title becomes legitimate.

Sports Logo

Williams was absolutely right to want to decertify in July.

Why did Eric Gordon change his name?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I could see extending Hill or Hibbert if it is for less than their cap hold. Otherwise, I don't think we will extend them until we are sure that we are done with using our cap space. Then we can go over the cap as much as necessary using our Restricted Option/Bird Rights on both.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its not happening
    I think this one has a better shot of happening than Eric Gordon, and people won't shut up about that.

Not that I think this one is likely at all... I just don't think its such a sure bet that Deron stays with the Nets. If they don't land Dwight, where is the talent going to come from? I don't care how deep the owners pockets are, they still haven't made any significant additions to play with D-Will.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    We don't have enough cap space for both.

Mavs don't either, but they can get there by amnestying Haywood and salary dumping Marion. I suppose we can get enough space as well by dumping one of Granger or West, and giving up on re-signing Hibbert. But the difference for us is that we want to keep our guys, while Mavs are preparing to jettison half their roster.

In fact, we might not even have enough cap space for even just one of Howard or Williams. At most we'll have roughly $24m in cap space next year, before extending Hibbert and Hill. So if we extend Hibbert and Hill before the offseason (which seems likely to me) we won't have that much cap space at all. I figure we'd extend Hibbert at $12m and Hill at $5m, so next year we may only have $7m in cap space to play with.
    I think if you were after D-Will you are renouncing Hill for sure, and probably looking to dump D-Jones contract. I think (hope) 10 million will be more realistic for Hibbert. So that creates some room, gets you pretty close to where you need to be. I think it could be done.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    Deron is a great PG, IMO the 2nd best pure PG right now behind Paul. While I think highly of him, I believe the best move to make by the Pacers is adding a great big man, ideally Dwight Howard. That is the key to championship I believe. If you look at the past championship teams, many of them survived without an all-star caliber PG but they have in the line-up an all-star big man (Lakers - Shaq, Spurs - Duncan, Lakers again - Pau, Pistons - Wallace duo, Boston - KG, Dallas - Dirk). If either Roy becomes an all-star level center, West returns to all-star form or we get another all-star big from free agency or trade without too much removal of the core group, our shot at a title becomes legitimate.
    They all had good point guards to except la spurs parker, pistons billups, boston rondo and dallas kidd

GRANGER!! FOR THE WIN.............. IT'S GOOD!!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    I think this one has a better shot of happening than Eric Gordon, and people won't shut up about that.

Not that I think this one is likely at all... I just don't think its such a sure bet that Deron stays with the Nets. If they don't land Dwight, where is the talent going to come from? I don't care how deep the owners pockets are, they still haven't made any significant additions to play with D-Will.
    I disagree. I've heard enough whispers and reports and grapevine stories to legitimately believe that Gordon wants to come home. That said, I don't think it will happen. But I don't think there's any chance we get Deron Williams.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It could be a possibility, IF we look as good as we hope to be, and IF we get past the first round of the playoffs, and IF Williams wants to leave Brooklyn.

IF all of that comes together and DWill is a possibility, I think we HAVE to do it. I like Collison, but DWill would absolutely make this team contenders immediately. Without a doubt.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake