Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: George Hill complains about Indy on twitter

Default George Hill complains about Indy on twitter

Apparently Mr. hill threw a fit on twitter today.

George_Hill3 INDIANA GEORGE HILL
    That's why I never do stuff here in Indianapolis!!! Sports Zone trying to charge me $900 to come in a play flag football for friends n

And y'all always ask why don't I do stuff here in Indianapolis this is the reason!!!!

Well I guess I'm taking my flag football talents back to Texas where I dont get charged to invite Fans to play Flag Football!! #SMGDH@INDY

Bro i invited friends and fan in Texas and it was free they thanked me for using their place

I'm gonna remember this when everybody gonna want a free appearance or charity this or that no more hand outs....

All via twitter

Not a good idea throwing your teams city under the bus during a lockout.

as they say SMH

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: George Hill complains about Indy on twitter

well, technically he was throwing Sports Zone under the bus...until the last tweet, anyway.

I'm gonna remember this when everybody gonna want a free appearance or charity this or that no more hand outs....
    Just remember, guys, all those free hand outs George Hill was giving you before...the gravy train stops now! If you want George Hill to do some charity for needy people, you'll have to pony up the dough like all the rest...

There's nothing more annoying than celebrities that act like they deserve a nobel prize for a little charity work.

Also, Sports Zone might be a crappy overpriced place for all I know, but a guy that's earned $3.2 million over the last 3 years doesn't need to publicly ***** and moan about not getting things for free....
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-22-2011 at 06:42 PM.

3. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think that last post was just frustration more than anything.

Sorry to all the true fans!!! Nothing against y'all just trying to do something for y'all while I'm home!! So thanks for all y'all support
    22 minutes ago
    INDIANA GEORGE HILL
    It's not that I wanted flag football place for free but really 900$ for two hours when it only cost 20$ to get in the place by yourself
    23 minutes ago
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Banned

How stupid can somebody be? Yes GH any freaking indoor soccer place is at least $900 for two hours,

I still think this is being overblown. Sportszone doesn't list how much it costs to rent their football field, but $900 for 2 hours doesn't really jive with the pricing of what is listed.

For the record, Sportszone lists $190 an hour as the rental fee for their soccer field area.

http://sportzoneindy.com/pdfs/fieldrental_reg.pdf

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

I've never rented a flag football field but It looks like Sportszone was trying to take advantage of the situation. But the brattiness did come out in those tweets. And reading some of the replies you can tell fans here didn't react good to it.

Never the less, I get the feeling that George isn't to happy being back here in Indy.

He vented. Big deal. Should he have done it the way he did? Probably not. I've tweeted stupid stuff that I probably shouldn't (then again, nobody cares about me. ), heck I just sent IMPD a strongly worded comment after they let the burglar who broke into my house go after he was caught at my back fence once again this afternoon. There's probably some things in the comment I'm going to wish I could take back tomorrow.

I don't think its that he isn't happy to be back in Indy (Courtney Lee, on the other hand, judging from his tweets....), I think he sees it as someone trying to take advantage of him, and I think Sportszone may have.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 11-22-2011 at 07:00 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

To me, one of the most difficult to understand sentiments from professional athletes is their sense of entitlement. This is not something unique to Hill.

Stories are abundant about local pro athletes that have ordered services or goods and then, for whatever reason, once the services/goods were delivered, honestly believed that they should not have to pay for them. Hooking up athletes with suits and high-end fashionable clothing is probably the most common complaint.

I know of one prominent former athlete here in Indy who had over 10K of security equipment installed in his home and then attempted to skip out on the bill.

It really isn't that uncommon. But what is uncommon is an athlete who is being charged for something and then publicly complaining about it.

I hope this is not a display of what Hill is really like.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Indy businesses is a bunch of greedy sob's. I don't blame him, I wouldn't pay that either. Call it entitlement or call it business. He is bringing business to them, gotta be worth something.

He wasn't sayin anything bad about the general population.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Its Lance's fault
    Sittin on top of the world!

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Even as a diehard, the way the players have conducted themselves during this lockout has really started to turn me off to the NBA. I can only imagine how the casual fans feel.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To me, one of the most difficult to understand sentiments from professional athletes is their sense of entitlement. This is not something unique to Hill.

Stories are abundant about local pro athletes that have ordered services or goods and then, for whatever reason, once the services/goods were delivered, honestly believed that they should not have to pay for them. Hooking up athletes with suits and high-end fashionable clothing is probably the most common complaint.

I know of one prominent former athlete here in Indy who had over 10K of security equipment installed in his home and then attempted to skip out on the bill.

It really isn't that uncommon. But what is uncommon is an athlete who is being charged for something and then publicly complaining about it.

I hope this is not a display of what Hill is really like.
    The ultimate irony here is that these athletes can afford this "free" stuff more than virtually any other person on the planet.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaDonnaHill3

Well I guess I'm taking my flag football talents back to Texas where I dont get charged to invite Fans to play Flag Football!! #SMGDH@INDY

Bro i invited friends and fan in Texas and it was free they thanked me for using their place

Welcome to Indy......and sorry for asking you to give something back to a good cause.

"Thanked you for using their place"...

I don't think I'm ever going to forget this either. Players like you are why I wonder sometimes why I have any interest in this league. Immature and spoiled primadonnas you all are! You have effectively lost me as a fan forever regardless of what you do on the basketball court.

...and to think we were looking forward to your arrival. What a disappointment you are sir. This is one of several reasons I support the owners cutting this deal down to 47% or lower and I no longer mind this lockout. I seriously do hope the NBA has a major setback to the point of halving attendance and revenues. People like you don't deserve fans!

/End Rant

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Its Lance's fault
    You're so darn funny!
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

**** it, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Even as a diehard, the way the players have conducted themselves during this lockout has really started to turn me off to the NBA. I can only imagine how the casual fans feel.
    You may be a diehard too, but it's getting easier and easier to die, Shade.

BTW, the casual fans have already died. I brought up the lockout at work and that started a conversation among a number of "fans" who just shredded the NBA...not just the Pacers. People have had it with these arrogant jerks and the way they conduct themselves. This sentiment wasn't just about the brawl but the NBA as a whole.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've gotten the impression since he was traded that he never wanted to leave Texas. Nothing against him as a player, but it just seems that he moved on from Indiana a long time ago and he's less than thrilled to be back. I felt that before this latest "outburst", which just further cements my opinion on that matter. I sorta feel like a draft pick mighta been a better long-term decision.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

I can't blame him for not being happy about SA trading him, but I get the feeling he's mostly stayed away from Indy during the lockout because of people who are trying to get a hand-out from him. And something just isn't jiving with me about SportsZone's rental pricing.

I really think this is a whole lot of overblown nothing.

I'm happy we have George and I'm sure he's happy to be home near his family, but he's having a hard time letting go of the relationships he made in Texas.

It's understandable.

He's still a new member of the team and not being able to do things truly as a team hasn't helped him break away from his beginning years in the NBA.

It'll be hard to readjust back to Indy after spending years with the Spurs and maturing in San Antonio.

There's nothing to worry about. The guy was born and raised in Indianapolis. He has family here.
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 11-22-2011 at 08:59 PM.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:

Reason #44656547567657 why high profile people should never use twitter.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

I didn't really mind any of his tweets but that one ^^^! Wow thats pretty low.

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to granger33 For This Useful Post:

Wink Re: George Hill complains about Indy on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Welcome to Indy......and sorry for asking you to give something back to a good cause.

"Thanked you for using their place"...

I don't think I'm ever going to forget this either. Players like you are why I wonder sometimes why I have any interest in this league. Immature and spoiled primadonnas you all are! You have effectively lost me as a fan forever regardless of what you do on the basketball court.

...and to think we were looking forward to your arrival. What a disappointment you are sir. This is one of several reasons I support the owners cutting this deal down to 47% or lower and I no longer mind this lockout. I seriously do hope the NBA has a major setback to the point of halving attendance and revenues. People like you don't deserve fans!

/End Rant

I love that gif , that's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post

I sorta feel like a draft pick mighta been a better long-term decision.

I was never happy with trading the 011 pick for Hill. I said it then, and I'll say it again that there were players picked after the Pacers pick that will be better than George Hill.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post: