Thread: Harrison to be added to ring of honor this month?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Harrison to be added to ring of honor this month?

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

Irsay sent out a tweet today hinting that Harrison would be inducted to the ring of honor this month. This would probably be the highlight of the season. He was a phenomenal player and I'm glad it looks like he's coming back here.

He's definitely my favorite Colt other than Manning.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-04-2011 at 06:13 AM.

Default Re: Harrison to be added to ring of honor this month?

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

Irsay sent out a tweet today hinting that Harrison would be inducted to the ring of honor this month. This would probably be the highlight of the season. He was a phenomenal player and I'm glad it looks like he's coming back here.

He's definitely my number 2 favorite Colts behind Manning.
    The way Harrison fell off the radar has been shocking. He wasn't just one of the greatest receivers to play for the Colts... He was one of the best in the NFL... ever.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The way Harrison fell off the radar has been shocking. He wasn't just one of the greatest receivers to play for the Colts... He was one of the best in the NFL... ever.

It's such a shame how that injury ended his career. He managed to avoid big hits from defenders for 11 years, only to get injured on that play where Addai ran into him. That's just football I guess.

But yeah, he was definitely one of the best ever. A pro's pro. I'm glad to see the him and the Colts have been in contact with each other. I can't imagine this being anything other than a "ring of honor" induction. I don't think he's coming here just so he can take a walk on the field.

http://seattlesportsnet.com/2009/01/...will-kill-you/

January 13, 2009 Alex

Marvin Harrison will kill you. He will f—ing kill you, and that’s no joke. He is Denzel in “American Gangster,” Pacino in “Scarface,” Pesci in “Goodfellas,” Wayne Brady in “Chappelle’s Show.” He might lead a respectable life during the day, but once darkness falls, you better get your *** away from Marvin Harrison or he will kill you.

Marvin Harrison with malice in his eyes.

Ever since last Spring, when a story surfaced alleging the Colts wideout had pulled the trigger on patrons of his car wash in Philly, I’ve had a hunch that Harrison is a closet murderer. Think about it: if Harrison applied the same work ethic he utilizes in football to anything else in his life, just think how good he’d be at it. Killing is no exception. Based on what I’ve seen from Harrison on the gridiron, he’s probably a Hall of Famer killer, too.

The reason I bring this up now is because Marvin Harrison’s Gungate is once again big news. After months of stagnation, a second witness to the melee emerged yesterday and reported seeing Harrison fire the gun he had been accused of shooting back in April. The witness’ story matched details provided by the first witness, who had come forward when news of the shooting initially broke.

Harrison plotting revenge against the cornerback that just jammed him at the line.

So what does this mean? It means defensive backs and safeties better watch out, for one, because a cheap shot to the aging Harrison’s increasingly fragile body may mean death in the long run, and it’s probably not worth it. Same goes for anyone who simply has beef with the receiver. Chances are, he’s forming a hit list as we speak.

I’m not going to mince words or fabricate the truth: I am legitimately afraid of Marvin Harrison. He has all the tools to be a first-class gangster/murderer. He’s intelligent, a hard worker, quiet, keeps to himself, has an offseason of down time with which to fill, owns his own businesses to launder money, and possesses at least one deadly weapon. Don’t be fooled. Marvin Harrison may seem like a nice guy, but if you’re not careful, he’ll get you, and he’ll kill you.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

btw i have no problem with marvin harrison - just found the above blog hilarious.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman