Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46

Thread: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

  1. #26
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,229
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    HAHA. The announcer just said this team has a much needed bye week coming up to get ready for New England and Baltimore. I don't care if the bye was 6 weeks this team won't be ready.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Tyrant maragin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    Painter rushing yards = 79
    Rest of team rushing yards = 79

  4. #28
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,229
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    Someone try to guess when the last time a QB led the Colts in rushing for a game was. I know Peyton has never done it and my guess Harbaugh didn't do it either since he had Faulk.

  5. #29
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,531

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone try to guess when the last time a QB led the Colts in rushing for a game was. I know Peyton has never done it and my guess Harbaugh didn't do it either since he had Faulk.
    I would guess 1993.

  6. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    I haven't bothered looking through the Peyton Manning years, but it was done November 3, 1996. Jim Harbaugh led the team in rushing with 42-yards in a 26-19 home loss to the San Diego Chargers. Marshall Faulk was second with 37-yards.

  7. #31
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,894

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    It's just downright laughable at this point. Finally, Kravitz over at Indy star called out Polians' recent draft/Collins move as a major player in this lost season. Bout time.

    Collins was a whiff, Painter we've known he's horrid. Now we're just getting reminded. The team is playing worse and going belly up faster in games as the season progresses. The D and special teams stink.

    Get behind by 7 - 10 early. I don't care; you keep pounding Carter and Brown in there. Throwing a lot with CP is just asking for disaster - captain turnover.

    The ENTIRE coaching staff needs to be purged. Anything less is unacceptable. I'd love the see the Polian regime shown t he door, but when I'm not even confident Irsay will run Caldwell out of here, how can I expect more?

    If they get Luck, I'd draft defense with virtually every other pick. Maybe a WR thrown in here or there to replace Wayne's inevitable demise or departure. Garcon, White, Gonzalez, Collie not striking any fear into my heart. Maybe a trade or...heaven forbid...a FA acquisition toward that end.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  9. #32
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,229
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe a trade or...heaven forbid...a FA acquisition toward that end.
    Well the Colts don't go the free agent route very often and when they do (Vinatieri being the notable exception) the results have been mostly disastrous. Corey Simon, one full season and then injured. Booger McFarland, played the Super Bowl season and then injured and gone. Hank "hands of stone" Basket contributed notably to the SB loss to the Saints. Ricky Proehl was OK when he came out of retirement to replace Stoke. Same for Stover replacing Vinny for a time. But those aren't big time FA acquisitions. There's really a perfect storm here brewing against FA signings anyway. Indy isn't attractive for a lot of players, Caldwell's reputation as a horrible coach is being etched in marble, and sports agents would probably rather swallow razor blades than deal with the Polians. Ugh what a mess.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  11. #33
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    Painter is playing hard, but the rest of the team is playing a bunch prima donnas. Also, in man to man we're allowing what a 56% completion rate, that's actually pretty good and acceptable. Stupid zone.

    One of the worst coached teams I've ever seen at any level of a sport.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  13. #34
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,296

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Painter is playing hard, but the rest of the team is playing a bunch prima donnas. Also, in man to man we're allowing what a 56% completion rate, that's actually pretty good and acceptable. Stupid zone.

    One of the worst coached teams I've ever seen at any level of a sport.
    I disagree that they aren't playing hard. I think they're just that bad.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  15. #35
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,082

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    With Manning signing what is likely his final contract and the end of the Manning era clearly in sight this should've been a team building for one final SB push and pulling out all the stops for this and the next couple of seasons. For this team to be in this bad of shape sans Manning in the year when the SB is Indy is just inexcusable. Sure, when Manning was declared not ready for the season the SB dreams for THIS season would've taken a hit but there still should've been a team taking the field that we could see the potential of what might've been this year with Manning. Heck, maybe even a team with a little luck that could've still been thinking playoffs and hoping Manning could return and keep the dream alive for another potential SB

    Instead, we're left wondering if we're going 0-16 and what difference even Manning could've made to this horribly put together team.

    You can talk about Polian's greatness all you want but the fact is he hasn't been 'great' in quite some time.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  17. #36
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,068

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    Is that why Forbes named him the best GM in football last year?

    The Colts' Bill Polian has set himself apart by winning consistently with one of the league's lowest payrolls.
    http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/24/foo...-managers.html


    Once again, you're only telling half the story.

  18. #37
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,229
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    I wish I could cash a paycheck for the rest of my life based on my performance from 5 years ago and prior too. Apparently it only works for Polian.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  20. #38
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,677

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that why Forbes named him the best GM in football last year?


    http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/24/foo...-managers.html


    Once again, you're only telling half the story.


    No one is denying that he has had a great career.

    But it's important to note that this article came out before last season. I seriously doubt they'd rank him number 1 now given that his team has started 0-8 without Peyton. Polian has made plenty of good moves, but Manning is by far the main reason that we've been so successful for so long and it's not even close. With Manning, we have swagger and are feared by everyone. Without Manning, we can't even win a freaking game. The fact that we are so beyond pathetic without Manning HAS to fall on someone. The GM is a good place to start I think.

    Just because Polian has had a good career doesn't mean he's above criticism. Terry Francona led a Red Sox franchise that hadn't won a title in 86 years to two championships in four years, but was basically kicked out the door because of one miserable month in an otherwise great season. So Polian is certainly fair game due to a few years of questionable drafting and schemes, and an 0-8 record this season. I think everything Bball says is true. Is this really the best team we could have right now? Is this the best possible team that could maximize Peyton's remaining years? Forbes naming him the best GM 14 months ago isn't where you find the answers to these questions.

    Him being great in Buffalo 20 years ago or his first 8-9 years here really has no bearing on his questionable moves in recent years or the fact that we are 0-8 right now. You can find plenty examples like the the Francona one I cited, where a once great coach/GM/player is kicked out the door due to recent poor performance or simply wearing out their welcome. Joe Torre is another perfect example. He won 4 titles in New York but was eventually shown the door.

  21. #39
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,068

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    I didn't realize 2008 was 5 years ago...
    Example: After eight-time Pro Bowl receiver Marvin Harrison retired following the 2008 season, Polian and his team replaced him with Pierre Garcon, who they found in the sixth round of the 2008 draft out of Mount Union College in Ohio. Garcon, making less than $500,000, became a favorite target of All-Pro quarterback Peyton Manning last season, catching 47 passes for 765 yards to help Indianapolis reach the Super Bowl.
    http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/24/foo...-managers.html

    Not to mention that Pat Angerer, who's in his second season, leads the league in tackles. And he's just not leading the league in tackles, he has 90 compared to NaVarro Bowman's second place standing of 68.

    It's pretty easy to cherry pick his failures and ignore his successes.

  22. #40
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,068

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because Polian has had a good career doesn't mean he's above criticism. Terry Francona led a Red Sox franchise that hadn't won a title in 86 years to two championships in four years, but was basically kicked out the door because of one miserable month in an otherwise great season. So Polian is certainly fair game due to a few years of questionable drafting and schemes, and an 0-8 record this season. I think everything Bball says is true. Is this really the best team we could have right now? Is this the best possible team that could maximize Peyton's remaining years? Forbes naming him the best GM 14 months ago isn't where you find the answers to these questions.

    I think if you'd review the discussion, you'll find plenty of places where I place blame on Polian. I've never said he should be free from them. I've said I'm not sure on how much is his, but I've never denied he's played a pretty important role to how the Colts got to where they are.

    It would be interesting to see if you can find any praise for Polian from Bball. I doubt you'll find any.


    It would be nice to have a conversation about the whole picture, instead of half of it, which is what I've been saying for the past 8 weeks.

  23. #41
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,082

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't realize 2008 was 5 years ago...

    http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/24/foo...-managers.html

    Not to mention that Pat Angerer, who's in his second season, leads the league in tackles. And he's just not leading the league in tackles, he has 90 compared to NaVarro Bowman's second place standing of 68.

    It's pretty easy to cherry pick his failures and ignore his successes.
    I'll cherry pick 0-8 and compare that against Garcon and Angerer all day long...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  24. #42
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,082

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    IOW.... there's the here and now. I don't care what Polian did 5-10 years ago. He's not been building a consistent playoff winning team and that is especially true on defense where we have a flawed and failing system that he refuses to correct.

    And Peyton Manning is going to make a lot of decent receivers look very good both by inspiring them to be their best and work hard as well as putting the ball where they need it to be successful.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  26. #43
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,677

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think if you'd review the discussion, you'll find plenty of places where I place blame on Polian. I've never said he should be free from them. I've said I'm not sure on how much is his, but I've never denied he's played a pretty important role to how the Colts got to where they are.

    It would be interesting to see if you can find any praise for Polian from Bball. I doubt you'll find any.


    It would be nice to have a conversation about the whole picture, instead of half of it, which is what I've been saying for the past 8 weeks.

    I know that you've placed blame on Polian, and I know that Bball's is extremely anti-Polain. But I didn't think Bball's post that triggered your Forbes response was particularly outlandish or anything. I thought the points he raised were very fair considering that we have made it halfway through the season.

    I do certainly agree that some fans here have gone way overboard in recent weeks, and I've tried to stick up for Polian at times. I thought it was ridiculous when posters were implying that he drafted Manning in 1998 and then decided to not do jack**** for the next 13 years. That's ignoring quite a few damn good players that he's brought in. Also, I have said multiple times that the players' failure to execute in key situations is the number 1 reason that we do not have a second ring right now.

    I do agree that a rational conversation is needed.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  28. #44
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,558
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Painter is playing hard, but the rest of the team is playing a bunch prima donnas. Also, in man to man we're allowing what a 56% completion rate, that's actually pretty good and acceptable. Stupid zone.

    One of the worst coached teams I've ever seen at any level of a sport.
    At least Caldwell doesn't have white sideburns, unless somebody can provide photoshop "proof" that he does now

  29. #45
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,229
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    Ouch, I know Caldwell is terrible but even I think it's unfair to insinuate that he's the NFL equivalent of JOB.

  30. #46

    Default Re: Colts @ Titans Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ouch, I know Caldwell is terrible but even I think it's unfair to insinuate that he's the NFL equivalent of JOB.


    See I think its an insult to JOB to compare hm to Caldwell.

    JOB at least had some success in Boston and Philadelphia ..

    Was Caldwell successful anywhere else?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •