Thread: According to Charlie Casserly on NFL Today on CBS Caldwell will be back in 2012 and they'll draft Luck if they can

Default According to Charlie Casserly on NFL Today on CBS Caldwell will be back in 2012 and they'll draft Luck if they can

Which leads me to come to these conclusions(if this is legit):

1. They are intentionally tanking.. there is no explanation for them to bring Caldwell back for next season after the epic fail that is this season and if they do end up 0-16 and they bring him back there is no hope for this team. None.

2. Coyer is history and will take the fall for this(while that's a relief he's not the only problem)

3. They sent a message to the vets they are going to rebuild which means Manning may as well be gone too.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: According to Charlie Casserly on NFL Today on CBS Caldwell will be back in 2012 and they'll draft Luck if they can

Rumors, heresay, speculation...

We'll see in the offseason.

Default Re: According to Charlie Casserly on NFL Today on CBS Caldwell will be back in 2012 and they'll draft Luck if they can

Maybe

But really would you be surprised if they used the "Well Peyton got hurt" and that's why we had a bad record excuse.

So much for the next man up BS.

If this comes to pass if I'm Manning I would be beyond pissed they used me as an excuse for them to not do their jobs.

Of course you're right this is speculation but just thinking about this makes me ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which leads me to come to these conclusions(if this is legit):

1. They are intentionally tanking.. there is no explanation for them to bring Caldwell back for next season after the epic fail that is this season and if they do end up 0-16 and they bring him back there is no hope for this team. None.

2. Coyer is history and will take the fall for this(while that's a relief he's not the only problem)

3. They sent a message to the vets they are going to rebuild which means Manning may as well be gone too.
    They keep talking about Manning's nerves coming back so even if the surgery was successful when Manning gets full arm strength back is unknown.

Mood

Of course we'll draft Luck, Manning doesn't have 3-4 good years left. Anyone who says or thinks that is completely delusional. He isn't messing with playing ability, he's toying with his life! One bad hit and he is paralyzed. We will be lucky (no pun intended) if he even ever returns for a single snap! Draft Luck, and let the rebuild (or semi-rebuild) process begin. With Bill at the draft helm instead of his idiot son, we could be back in the Super Bowl in 3-4 years if Luck pans out.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    ....With Bill at the draft helm instead of his idiot son, we could be back in the Super Bowl in 3-4 years if Luck pans out.
    Don't fool yourself, Bill HAS been at the helm of every draft pick the Colts have made since he arrived including these last few years. There's no way a guy like Polian is going to let anyone else, not even his son, make those picks as long as he's around.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Don't fool yourself, Bill HAS been at the helm of every draft pick the Colts have made since he arrived including these last few years. There's no way a guy like Polian is going to let anyone else, not even his son, make those picks as long as he's around.
    Ya Bill on his radio show said he makes the picks but it is a "collective effort" but he has final say.

I'm fine with Polian picking. I would have picked Ryan Leaf...;<)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I'm fine with Polian picking. I would have picked Ryan Leaf...;<)
    In 1998 sure

In 2011? Not so much

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Charlie Casserly has no knowledge or source within the franchise. He has no clue what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Charlie Casserly has no knowledge or source within the franchise. He has no clue what he's talking about.

Maybe but if Caldwell is back next season we know who said it first

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/5/2...colts-football

Chris started drafting in 2011 since he became president, and Bil became vice-chairman
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/5/2...colts-football

Chris started drafting in 2011 since he became president, and Bil became vice-chairman
    Even neglecting that I in no way believe that Bill Polian isn't in charge, wouldn't the fact that Chris was "in charge" of the 2011 draft be encouraging when compared to the drafts from 2007-2010?

1st round pick Anthony Castonzo has looked capable of being a LT for the next decade.

Ben Ijalana in his extremely brief playing time looked to have potential. (Both look a lot better than Bill's Tony Ugoh pick who cost us both a 1st and a 2nd round pick.)

3rd rounder Drake Nevis has been our best DT. (Granted, that's not saying much.)

Delone Carter has been by far our 2nd best RB as 4th rounder. (Much, much better than Bill's 1st round bust Donald Brown.)

Chris Rucker was a 5th rounder who has played all season.

2011 got us 4 valuable contributors and another who is playing.

The recent Bill Polian drafts got us:

2007:
    1st: Anthony Gonzalez
    2nd: Tony Ugoh
    3rd: Dante Hughes
    4th: Brannon Condren
    4th: Clint Session
    5th: Roy Hall
    7th: Keyunta Dawson

2008:
    1st: Traded for Tony Ugoh
    2nd: Mike Pollak
    3rd: Phillip Wheeler
    4th: Jacob Tamme
    5th: Marcus Howard
    6th: Tom Santi
    6th: Steve Justice
    6th: Mike Hart
    6th: Pierre Garcon
    7th: Jamey Richard

2009:
    1st: Donald Brown
    2nd: Fili Moala
    3rd: Jerraud Powers
    4th: Austin Collie
    4th: Terrence Taylor
    6th: Curtis Painter
    7th: Jamie Thomas

2010:
    1st: Jerry Hughes
    2nd: Pat Angerer
    3rd: Kevin Thomas
    4th: Jacques McClendon
    5th: Brody Eldridge
    7th: Ricardo Mathews
    7th: Ray Fisher

It's early but the 2011 draft looks about 50 times better than every other draft in recent years.
    Last edited by BRushWithDeath; 11-02-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Even neglecting that I in no way believe that Bill Polian isn't in charge, wouldn't the fact that Chris was "in charge" of the 2011 draft be encouraging when compared to the drafts from 2007-2010?

1st round pick Anthony Castonzo has looked capable of being a LT for the next decade.

Ben Ijalana in his extremely brief playing time looked to have potential. (Both look a lot better than Bill's Tony Ugoh pick who cost us both a 1st and a 2nd round pick.)

3rd rounder Drake Nevis has been our best DT. (Granted, that's not saying much.)

Delone Carter has been by far our 2nd best RB as 4th rounder. (Much, much better than Bill's 1st round bust Donald Brown.)

Chris Rucker was a 5th rounder who has played all season.

2011 got us 4 valuable contributors and another who is playing.

The recent Bill Polian drafts got us:

2007:
    1st: Anthony Gonzalez
    2nd: Tony Ugoh
    3rd: Dante Hughes
    4th: Brannon Condren
    4th: Clint Session
    5th: Roy Hall
    7th: Keyunta Dawson

2008:
    1st: Traded for Tony Ugoh
    2nd: Mike Pollak
    3rd: Phillip Wheeler
    4th: Jacob Tamme
    5th: Marcus Howard
    6th: Tom Santi
    6th: Steve Justice
    6th: Mike Hart
    6th: Pierre Garcon
    7th: Jamey Richard

2009:
    1st: Donald Brown
    2nd: Fili Moala
    3rd: Jerraud Powers
    4th: Austin Collie

4th: Terrence Taylor
    6th: Curtis Painter
    7th: Jamie Thomas

2010:
    1st: Jerry Hughes
    2nd: Pat Angerer
    3rd: Kevin Thomas
    4th: Jacques McClendon
    5th: Brody Eldridge
    7th: Ricardo Mathews
    7th: Ray Fisher

It's early but the 2011 draft looks about 50 times better than every other draft in recent years.
    So, to me, since 2007, I counted 6 players that turned out to be good. I'm not sure about some of the O-Lineman though.

Those are some weak *** drafts. I also think the 2011 was a grand-slam, but injuries are hampering our top 3 picks. Even when we nail a draft, that *****ing injury bug bites us in the ***. Really liked all of the 2011 picks.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!