Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colts/Saints Game/Postgame

Default Re: Colts/Saints Game/Postgame

Ray Lewis looks like a genius when he says that this team is nothing without Manning.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The emperor has no clothes.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I honestly though my TV was broke when I saw the score. I had to check online to make sure it wasn't

I was out didnt see the game will watch some of it on NFL rewind to see how it got that out of hand. I expected them to get beat by 20+ but my god that scoreboard is scary.

On a side note im so pissed off with Colts players on my fantasy team im about to say **** it and drop them. I added Carter last week started him he sucked this week I benched him and he played great. Dallas Clark I am done with glad Gates is healthy I don't need him anymore. I just got Addi on the wire and he didn't play well. But Ingram and Colston did pretty well for me.

Mood

My wife needed one damned field goal out of Vinny just to tie her matchup in the PD league. No dice.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jim? Jim? Oh God Caldwell's been dead for the past 7 weeks and they've just been rolling him onto the sidelines...

Would anyone really be surprised to find out this was the case?
    I thought for a while he was some sort of Chuck E. Cheese animatronic, until I finally realized he is no where near that life like.

Welp... the last team to have a realistic chance of going 16-0 now has a realistic chance at 0-16.

Maybe we can pull our starters in those last couple of games this season to keep the dream of this record alive? .... be a shame not to rest the starters in a couple of meaningless games at the end of the regular season....

I wonder if former Detroit players are watching the Colts this season with champagne on ice waiting to celebrate a Colts' victory?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

What is it, you do here Larry Coyer?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Serious question: Bigger embarrassment: the Colts or IU football? I'm going with the Colts. We expect this out of the Hoosiers.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

2011 Indianapolis Colts = NFL version of IU football.

I don't know if Irsay has a brain left, but I'd be cleaning house after that debacle - Polians, coaching staff, you name if.

Bring in a new management regime, an experienced coach, new coordinators, let them take your first pick and actually make some personnel moves to start transitioning to a legitimate defensive scheme.

They said on NBC pregame last night that Cowher is interested in getting back in to coaching someplace where he has a chance to win. Not sure we're doing ourselves any favors in that area, but if Manning can come back, I'd say we can argue a serious chance to win.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Nerd.
    Mood

Only one word would describe last night:

traveshamockery.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stryder For This Useful Post:

So let me get this straight.. The game plan was to come out and go no huddle in one of the loudest staduims known to man with a 2nd year backup quarterback? Who thought that one up?

I didn't think we had a real shot to win or even make this an interesting game but as soon as I so the no huddle and the presnap to Painters face I knew this was going to be a terrible loss.

The coaching has gone from bad to worse which is pretty hard to do.

Seriously Cyndi Lauper should have sang at half time with a new rendition of True Colors while the marching band mocks you with the 34-7 formation.

Unfortunately I was slightly more disappointed in the fins not being able to close out the Broncos. We lost 2 times in one game.

Jim Caldwell takes responsibility but says "I think the effort was good"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...esponsibility/

I think he was furious on the sidelines. Or maybe he was excited. It's hard to tell.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

What an embarrassing game. A team shouldn't be 1 player. I'm simply more amazed at Manning and his greatness. To think he can take this team to the playoffs is beyond unreal.

This is a great example of why "successor" coaches aren't always great ideas.

At least this season will finally bring some changes. I've hated this style of defense since it was implemented.

I have no idea what will happen, will just the coaching staff be fired? Will the Polians finally be fired? Whatever happens, at least I can confidently say that it's all uphill after this season. Hopefully.

I would love to play some defense like the Ravens. Let's stop with all these small/undersized players on defense. It's not working and they just get injured more easily.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Jim Caldwell takes responsibility but says "I think the effort was good"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...esponsibility/

I think he was furious on the sidelines. Or maybe he was excited. It's hard to tell.

His "disgust" look, actually looks like disgust. haha

Sometimes I feel like karma is biting the Colts in the *** big time for blowing the 2009 season of going 16-0.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    What is it, you do here Larry Coyer?
    I'M A PEOPLE PERSON! I'M GOOD WITH PEOPLE.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Your 2011-2012 NFL MVP....Peyton Manning. Sorry Aaron Rodgers.

Are you saying that with Peyton they would have won 63-62? Or avoided the INT/pick 6 and won 56-55?

The team was 14-2 in year #1 under Caldwell, then 10-6 (with some miracles sprinkled in), and the linear progession shows they were headed for about 6-10 WITH MANNING.

6-10 with Manning becomes 2-14 without Manning, and becomes 0-16 without Manning and without an organizational effort to even try to win.

I don't know if I would even consider that circular logic.....

I would think that when you go, what, 8 seasons with 12+ wins that following 10 win season would be considered an outlier, rather than a new trend.

That streak of sucessful seasons would be factoring in years before Mike Davis.... err...Jim Caldwell.... became head coach and before Polian lost his "talent evaluation fastball".

They are what their record says they are.

I think this team would be 8-8 with Peyton. I think their likely trajectory right now points to 1-15 or 0-16. Is there another player in the NFL worth 7-8 wins by himself?

Last night would have never happened if they had Peyton. The team would not have completely bent over and taken it up the rear if he was under center and you know that. Yes, we need to fire Caldwell, but let's be real, this season has proven who is the most valuable player in the NFL, blame that on the way the team is constructed if you want, but it doesn't change the fact or impact of what Peyton has done for really the last 4-5 years.

Here's the schedule so far with Peyton under center IMO...

@Texans W/ Peyton Loss W/o Peyton Loss (Peyton would not have completely made up for the trouble we had defensively that day.)

vs. Browns W/ Peyton win W/o Peyton Loss (Peyton most likely could have covered the 8 point difference in this game)

vs. Pittsburgh W/ Peyton win W/o Peyton Loss (Steelers played like total crap, even my friends that are Steelers fans admit the Colts would have rolled them with Peyton)

@Tampa Bay W/ Peyton win W/o Peyton Loss (Again, TD difference in a game we had a chance to win. Are you betting on Josh Freeman or Peyton?)

vs. Kansas City W/Peyton win W/o Peyton Loss (Do I even really need to go over this one? so at this point we're already 4-1 if Peyton is playing)

@Cincinatti w/Peyton win w/o Peyton Loss (This one is up for debate, but I'm willing to believe Peyton could have made up for the 10 point difference)

@ New Orleans w/Peyton ? w/o Peyton loss (I honestly don't know what would have happened here with Peyton, it is likely still a loss, but it is probably not a 55 point butt whooping that it was. It is clear the players have given up, so at worse with Peyton right now I'd say we're 5-2 or at the very worst 4-3, either way, we're likely going to get to 8-8 and out pace your 6-10 prediction. Yes, the team is badly broken and needs a lot of work, but it's not unreasonable to say Peyton is worth 8 wins by himself IMO.)
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 10-24-2011 at 01:34 PM.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

^Blah, just beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Are you saying that with Peyton they would have won 63-62? Or avoided the INT/pick 6 and won 56-55?

The team was 14-2 in year #1 under Caldwell, then 10-6 (with some miracles sprinkled in), and the linear progession shows they were headed for about 6-10 WITH MANNING.

6-10 with Manning becomes 2-14 without Manning, and becomes 0-16 without Manning and without an organizational effort to even try to win.
    This team is almost identical to the team that peyton went 10-6 with last year except with more talent at offensive line (albeit, he hasn't played lately) and running back. I don't think there is anyway you can make that argument.

Manning wins us the Pitt game in a blow out, Manning wins us the Buccs game, Manning wins the Browns, Kansas City, and Bengals games. Collins turns it over twice in the first quarter of the Houston game, Manning would not of fumbled two snaps.

Football is a game of inches and small changes determining games. With Peyton they are at least 4-3, much more likely 5-2.

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post

This team is almost identical to the team that peyton went 10-6 with last year except with more talent at offensive line (albeit, he hasn't played lately) and running back. I don't think there is anyway you can make that argument.
    I agree.

THere are only 5 losses that I can see from the schedule with Peyton. The Pats, Houston, Falcons, Ravens, Saints and we could have won against the Falcons or the Pats.

Lets face it Peyton makes this pig of a team look good during the regular season.

Nerd.
    Mood

So Peyton plays special teams and defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    So Peyton plays special teams and defense?
    Yes, that's clearly the point.