Thread: NEVER use USPS Priority Mail!!

Default NEVER use USPS Priority Mail!!

So I shipped a package to a friend who lives out in Connecticut. I printed the shipping label on the 17th of this month and put it out that same night for pickup. I assume they picked it up the next day (Actually, knowing USPS, maybe not). Now, here on the 21st of October, my tracking info still says "Processed through sort facility in Indianapolis, Indiana". Great. It's been saying that for 2 days now. Before that it just said "We have been notified to expect your package" or something to that effect.

How in the world is it still sitting at the airport? I know there's flights out to the northeast and I ship packages that way all the time. Yet apparently it STILL has not left the airport

Bottom line is this. USPS Priority mail claims to have your package delivered in 2-3 days. I don't usually ship Priority Mail because of the cost, but this time I sort of needed the package to be there a bit quicker (Too late now).

To sum it up. ALWAYS ship via First Class if you use USPS. Priority Mail is twice as expensive and actually is far worse than First Class (Who knew).

This is the first time I've used Priority Mail, and I promise I will never do it again. The tracking sucks. The service sucks. And it costs twice as much.

I'll be going back to First Class next time. It's faster than Priority it seems.

Then again, maybe I should just use UPS next time.

Anyone used Priority before and had this experience?
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Default Re: NEVER use USPS Priority Mail!!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I shipped a package to a friend who lives out in Connecticut. I printed the shipping label on the 17th of this month and put it out that same night for pickup. I assume they picked it up the next day (Actually, knowing USPS, maybe not). Now, here on the 21st of October, my tracking info still says "Processed through sort facility in Indianapolis, Indiana". Great. It's been saying that for 2 days now. Before that it just said "We have been notified to expect your package" or something to that effect.

How in the world is it still sitting at the airport? I know there's flights out to the northeast and I ship packages that way all the time. Yet apparently it STILL has not left the airport

Bottom line is this. USPS Priority mail claims to have your package delivered in 2-3 days. I don't usually ship Priority Mail because of the cost, but this time I sort of needed the package to be there a bit quicker (Too late now).

To sum it up. ALWAYS ship via First Class if you use USPS. Priority Mail is twice as expensive and actually is far worse than First Class (Who knew).

This is the first time I've used Priority Mail, and I promise I will never do it again. The tracking sucks. The service sucks. And it costs twice as much.

I'll be going back to First Class next time. It's faster than Priority it seems.

Then again, maybe I should just use UPS next time.

Anyone used Priority before and had this experience?

I use Priority Mail everyday. If you are shipping something less than 13 ounces then yes, by all means first class is cheaper & you are correct it is faster.

However 13 ounces is as high as it goes.

Also just for clarification, the USPS number you are getting is not a tracking number. It is a confirmation number. USPS does not offer real time tracking like the Parcel carriers do. So if you are lucky you can see when your item leaves from hub to hub (rare but it does occur) but the main thing is that you will get a delivery confirmation.

The really nice thing about priority mail is the free shipping boxes they give you. That all by itself for me makes it worth the extra price.

If I don't ship USPS I ship UPS and believe me they have their issues as well.

I would suggest that you take your confirmation number to your post office and ask them about the status. Believe me they usually are very helpful because these guys are under a lot of pressure to deliver on time.

Sounds just from what you wrote, that your mail man didn't get back to the post office before the outgoing mail left for the day so your item was even a day later than what you thought it was.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

At work I use UPS. I've not had many problems with them and truthfully I don't ship much, about 15-20 packages a month which trust me, that is nothing compared to some companies.

About USPS Priority Mail, my dad uses It every single day for his small business and he's never once had an issue like you're talking about. We're talking about thousands of valuable and important packages over the last 15 years. Not even once.

Mood

I have never had a problem with priority mail myself. I have used the big three parcel carriers and only have had one problem in 15 years. I also like the USPS in being able to get the box for free to ship the item in.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Never had an issue with Priority mail.

I've had issues with UPS before, but it was an isolated incident, I believe.

You ship enough, you'll eventually run in to an issue. Same goes with everything.

I suppose it's probably just a 1 time thing.

As I've said, I usually just use First Class and have never once had a problem, so this is likely nothing more than an isolated incident.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

My mother works for the USPS, so I'm going to say it was a one time deal.

I did alot of Ebay wheeling and dealing with my horror merchandise, bought almost $3,000 worth, and sold around $700 worth. I used to USPS, simply due to the convenience, and I received 100% feedback every time scoring high on shipment times.