Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 10 players in the east?

Default Re: Top 10 players in the east?

yes but Garnett is playing in the much tougher western conference where to get out of the first round you have to be a real power. also Garnett's #s are astronomical - Jermaine isn't even close. it's true homerism to compare Jermaine to Garnett. Zach Randolph has just as much claim as Jermaine ONeal does.
    Just because he is playing in the Western Conference doesn't make him better. We don't know how he'd do in the East, nor do we know how Jermaine would do in the West. You can't say that's the reason why a player is better than another.

Could you please show me how much better Kevin's statistics are to Jermaine's?

Then could you show me which team has the greater number of wins between Kevin's team and Jermaine's team?

Excuse me, but Zach Randolph just showed up this year and the end of last. Jermaine has been playing at a high level for 4 years now.

and i hate to rain on everyones parade... and considering the pacers success this year - i can understand the pride in our players... but it is still just the regular season... i just think you guys highly overrate jermaine oneal...
    Then don't start talking about Kevin Garnett because he hasn't taken his team anywhere in the playoffs either. Fair is fair.
    yes but Garnett is playing in the much tougher western conference where to get out of the first round you have to be a real power. also Garnett's #s are astronomical - Jermaine isn't even close. it's true homerism to compare Jermaine to Garnett. Zach Randolph has just as much claim as Jermaine ONeal does.
    Once again, no logic, just Jermaine bashing. You can't compare conferences when dealing with players being the best. No sense at all. Jermaine plays at a high level every game, and has done so for quite awhile. Astrnomical? I think not....if I remember, only about 4 pts and 2-3 boards more than JO. And he has played a bit longer than JO. As far as Randolph is concerned, this is the first year he is actually playing well.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Further, you might want to look up JOs stats vs the western conference teams. I recall he got better numbers against those teams than against eastern conference teams. Anyway, you are clearly making up new arguments now to save your earlier statements ed: .

JO is no KG, but to say he is just about "ok" and gets his high grade, because he's playing in a "weak" eastern conference and his position on the court there isnt well covered is a non-argument, considering his stats vs the west and the Pacers together with the T-Wolves as the best road teams now.

Anyway, I'll admit to being a little bit of homer, but a rational and reasonable one and I get the feeling you're not far from homerism yourself either.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Yeha mourning, I agree, but then again, JO is not that good

Only problem people forget in comparisons is who many other good players the team has they are compaing people like JO with.

If there was no Ron and no Al on this team, JO's numbers would be a lot higher, though the team might be losing, his numbers would be up there with KG.

But this team nowadays has scorers on every position, including the far end of the bench and the IRL, it makes it slightly harder to put the numbers up.

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!