Thread: Question about wedding rings

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Question about wedding rings

Thank you for all of your help in my engagement rings thread: http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=56869

Now I am interesting in any advice for finding a wedding ring.

A couple of things.

1. A few people have said a trip to NY and a visit to the diamond district may not be a bad idea (plus it saves you sales tax supposedly). Any truth to this?

2. We have looked at some chain store, but I just do not trust them. I found one at the mall the other day (my fiance loved it, .75 carrot, white gold for about $1075)

Any advice is greatly apprecaited.

Thanks,

-VA

Default Re: Question about wedding rings

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for all of your help in my engagement rings thread: http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=56869

Now I am interesting in any advice for finding a wedding ring.

A couple of things.

1. A few people have said a trip to NY and a visit to the diamond district may not be a bad idea (plus it saves you sales tax supposedly). Any truth to this?

2. We have looked at some chain store, but I just do not trust them. I found one at the mall the other day (my fiance loved it, .75 carrot, white gold for about $1075)

Any advice is greatly apprecaited.

Thanks,

-VA
    I am not a diamond expert but I have had some family members design rings and they told me all about the experience.

Its common to get the rings fused so they don't roll around on the finger. I have seen this done in poor fashion so thats one thing to consider when buying from a mall store.

Some helpful tidbits.

Make sure its certified and if you can insured.

More prongs = less of a chance the diamond falls out but also limits the light hitting the diamond. Look at everything under magnification. Note the corners are all cut cleanly. I doubt you'll have a problem with this however. Diamonds that are older and resold can have chips off the corners.

Imperfections are best off to the side if I remember correctly. You don't won't a big carbon speck dead center of the diamond.

Consider balance. What I mean is if she has a big engagement ring and you put more wieght in the same postion then the rings can roll to one side of her finger. I had a family member purchase a 2+ yellow carrot diamond and she couldn't get that ring to stay in the middle of her finger.

Lastly, save some money for the wedding. No doubt it will be more expensive than you think.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Lastly, save some money for the wedding. No doubt it will be more expensive than you think.
    You can say that again. We started off small, now were at 250 people

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    You can say that again. We started off small, now were at 250 people
    I solved that problem. We got married in Key West, gave everyone the date and time and where we were staying, and wouldn't you know it, only the people we really wanted to invite anyway showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I solved that problem. We got married in Key West, gave everyone the date and time and where we were staying, and wouldn't you know it, only the people we really wanted to invite anyway showed up.

To be fair we are getting married in Florida, but both of us went to school in Florida, and she has a lot of family there.

I do not think we will end up with all 250 people, but I would not be surprised to see a lot of people show up (our wedding planner said for that part of Florida expect 80-85% turnout, but we will see)