Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looks like the "Fire Jim Caldwell" movement may have a backer

Default Re: Looks like the "Fire Jim Caldwell" movement may have a backer

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly don't have a problem with Chris Polian if dad steps down. Considering it was the younger Polian responsible for the last draft I could see a wait and see on the youngster.
    That's the thing its nice in theory but if we told his dad to kick rocks what makes you think Chris would want to stay with the team after that? Bill claims he isn't the GM now but yet his presence is still huge with the team.

I see them as a package deal so yes they both have to go.

Now as much as I think Polian is a complete and utter douchebag he was a good GM for the Colts from 1998-2006 but now? He's a liability and his antics aren't tolerable anymore with the team in shambles. There are other GM's the Colts can get that are out there and unlike Polian are hungry and willing to prove something and not rest on past success and arrogance.

This team needs to change drastically otherwise it will continue to get worse(hard to believe but yes it can)

Mood

At first I was on the don't fire Caldwell but now 7 games into this stomach turning season I think a change needs to happen and happen after the conclusion of the season. I hate the idea of firing a coach mid season, unless there is a guy on the staff that could do the old interim thing while we recruit our next coahing staff and have an idea of who we want when the time comes. Peyton is not going to be here forever and we have to think long-term in how our team operates. The Tampa 2 works well when you have a lead and have the talent out there to run the schemes properly. This upcoming year's draft will be very interesting on how we go. If we don't have the 1st pick I think we should really look at trading down a few spots for extra picks in the 2-3 round range. We have most of our holes to fill on defense. Sorry for getting off on a little tangent but it happens sometimes.

Fire Caldwell, Coyer, and Rychleski at minimum. The real question is will the Polian contingent be safe? It's more palatable if Bill retires and truly takes a hands of approach, but is that enough or do we need a totally new, fresh perspective and direction? I'd welcome it.

Either way, this draft best be wildly skewed to the defensive side of the ball. Certainly, what we do with Wayne will have a lot to do with that. I'm sure he won't want a pay cut, and it's hard to judge based on this year. On one hand, different QB can have different relationship and comfort zone with different receiver hierarchy. On the other, you'd think the bona fide star/best receiver would somehow get a bit more action just based on his ability.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata