Thread: IND / PHO trade idea

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default IND / PHO trade idea

http://www.hoopsworld.com/lets-trade-steve-nash/

Indiana Pacers Send Darren Collison, James Posey and Brandon Rush to the Phoenix Suns for Steve Nash and Robin Lopez

The Pacers are an in-between squad in the East. They won just 37 games but managed to snag the final playoff seed.

One path for Indiana would be to trade Danny Granger and go younger, but Nash isn’t age-appropriate and so far the Pacers have been clear that they’re keeping Granger.

Another option would be to add veteran depth.

Collison struggled through his first season with the club. He improved as the season progressed but averaged just 9.4 points and 4.0 assists in the playoffs while shooting 39.1% from the field.

Rush has talents both offensively and defensively but he’s struggled to be consistent throughout his career. Posey would be salary filler, albeit one with championship experience.

It’s a lot to think the Pacers make this leap but if they’re not sold on Collison, they’re not giving up much else to get Nash and Lopez.

Additionally, the Pacers are well under the cap. Would David West and Jamal Crawford, or Jason Richardson, fit both financially and on the floor?

How about Nash, Granger, West, Crawford (or Richardson), Roy Hibbert, Tyler Hansbrough, Paul George and George Hill?

That would be a bold retrofit, one that banks on Nash being a viable player for a few more seasons.

The Suns in return would have a promising young point guard who was tremendous in New Orleans but just average in Indiana, with the hope that it was simply a bad fit.

Maybe if you think Hill can play back up point
    Sittin on top of the world!

Mood

Default Re: Indiana Pacers Send Darren Collison, James Posey and Brandon Rush to the Phoenix Suns for Steve Nash and Robin Lopez

Citing those Collison playoff stats without mentioning the injury he suffered is criminal.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Indiana Pacers Send Darren Collison, James Posey and Brandon Rush to the Phoenix Suns for Steve Nash and Robin Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Citing those Collison playoff stats without mentioning the injury he suffered is criminal.
    true

its just an article speculating what trades might make sense if PHX decides to move Nash
    Im not ready to give up on Collison yet, but Lopez would be a nice
    back up to Roy, especially if we dont resign Jeff

Rush and posey get moved and that leaves us thin at G

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can we change the thread title to something that presents this more as an idea rather than an actual trade?

I just about pooped my pants before I remembered they can't make trades right now.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Aaron Brooks > Darren Collison and its not even close in my opinion why would the suns give up a future HOF franchise player for Darren Collison. They could get much better talent for him.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I don't follow the lockout extensively, so when I saw the thread title I figured for one that everything has been settled, and two, that we traded for Steve Nash.... -_- Nice.
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 10-18-2011 at 03:11 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Banned

Come on man, this title is misleading, I almost had a hard attack of happiness bringing my favorite player to Indy would be a dream.

Mood

I commented earlier before the title was established. Why on earth go with that? Very misleading (well, if you forget about the lockout, anyway). I'm changing it.

Also, it's just a trade proposal, so I will move it to that board.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I commented earlier before the title was established. Why on earth go with that? Very misleading (well, if you forget about the lockout, anyway). I'm changing it.

because I new it would spark some interest and people would freak out over the title

I mean its boring as heck right now , no biggie right

not really, the link provide has more information, this quote is one proposal

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    because I new it would spark some interest and people would freak out over the title

I mean its boring as heck right now , no biggie right
    Not a biggie, but at the same time unwanted. It's been a while since anyone's done that, but it used to happen a little more often, and we frowned upon it then, too, from the admin side of things. Don't really like it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

RLeWorm

Default Re: IND / PHO trade idea

if DC didn't go down in game 2 we woulda had that one. but he did so....lol

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I just about pooped my pants before I remembered they can't make trades right now.
    Yeah, for about 5 seconds I was ready to BOTH curse Larry Bird and nominate Cohen for the Hall of Fame.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

PHX wouldnt do this trade. Theyre too high on Lopez to give him up for for that package
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Collison, Rush, and Hansborough (possibly 2013 First)

for

Nash and Lopez

PG- Collison, (Brooks)
    SG- Rush, Pietrus, Dowdell
    SF- Dudley, Lawal, Childress
    PF- Frye, Hansborough, Warrick
    C- Gortat, Morris, Siler

Carter, Brooks, and Hill will all probably be gone. I could see them bringing back Brooks, but I think Brooks will want more money than the Suns want to give up. This team could get real affordable for a cheap *** owner, really quick. This is a terrific haul of young players who fit their roster. Hans brings toughness with Gortat and Morris. Frye spreads the floor. Collison and Rush are good young players on the cheap. The one area that they would probably want to upgrade would be on the wing with having a bunch of B caliber players. They would be set at PG for longer than if they kept Nash and their front court will be good for several years.

Side note: I don't think Brooks is anywhere near as good as Collison. He is a really small scorer. Collison would be a huge defensive upgrade with more size, which goes to show what you are getting with Brooks. Collison is a better basketball player, although Brooks is a perfect scoring PG off the bench. They would both be conducive to a more up tempo style.

PG- Nash, Hill, Price
    SG- George, Stephenson
    SF- Granger, DJones, Posey
    PF- (Nene/West/etc), (McRoberts)
    C- Hibbert, Lopez, Foster

The ability for our coaching staff to interchange this lineup would be immense. Hill and Stephenson can both interchange between PG and SG. Nene, McRoberts, and Foster could all play PF or C. We would have a terrific young group of bigs that could develop well under the tutelage of Foster. Same with our guards learning from Steve Nash.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

I dont know if Nash is the guys we want. Hes at the end of his career and has a year or two in him at most. (given his back injuries)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    Collison, Rush, and Hansbrough (possibly 2013 First)

for

Nash and Lopez

PG- Collison, (Brooks)
    SG- Rush, Pietrus, Dowdell
    SF- Dudley, Lawal, Childress
    PF- Frye, Hansborough, Warrick
    C- Gortat, Morris, Siler

Carter, Brooks, and Hill will all probably be gone. I could see them bringing back Brooks, but I think Brooks will want more money than the Suns want to give up. This team could get real affordable for a cheap *** owner, really quick. This is a terrific haul of young players who fit their roster. Hans brings toughness with Gortat and Morris. Frye spreads the floor. Collison and Rush are good young players on the cheap. The one area that they would probably want to upgrade would be on the wing with having a bunch of B caliber players. They would be set at PG for longer than if they kept Nash and their front court will be good for several years.

Side note: I don't think Brooks is anywhere near as good as Collison. He is a really small scorer. Collison would be a huge defensive upgrade with more size, which goes to show what you are getting with Brooks. Collison is a better basketball player, although Brooks is a perfect scoring PG off the bench. They would both be conducive to a more up tempo style.

PG- Nash, Hill, Price
    SG- George, Stephenson
    SF- Granger, DJones, Posey
    PF- (Nene/West/etc), (McRoberts)
    C- Hibbert, Lopez, Foster

The ability for our coaching staff to interchange this lineup would be immense. Hill and Stephenson can both interchange between PG and SG. Nene, McRoberts, and Foster could all play PF or C. We would have a terrific young group of bigs that could develop well under the tutelage of Foster. Same with our guards learning from Steve Nash.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    to be honest...I wouldnt mind giving up Hansbrough if it would mean that we get Lopez in return.

Theres no way PHX would entertain such a trade without someone like Hanbrough being involved

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    to be honest...I wouldnt mind giving up Hansbrough if it would mean that we get Lopez in return.

Theres no way PHX would entertain such a trade without someone like Hanbrough being involved
    I sure would.

Tyler's a huge piece to this core and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!