Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Indycar 2011- Lots to contemplate

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Indycar 2011- Lots to contemplate

Hell yes. Let them deal with the circus for now. I won't watch another one until 'Dega anyway.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

And talk about a circus NASCAR is having right now! I think Daytona is cursed this year!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Three for three! She's consistent!
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:

So at the end Fox interviewed P1, P2, P3, and P38. Can you guess who was P38??

I realize right now she's a story, although it's a story that's more 'created' and massaged rather than naturally happening. But this Danica, Danica, Danica b---sh-t is going to turn people off in Nascar just as it did in Indycar unless she somehow becomes a much more aggressive and better driver than she ever was in Indycar. And it would be nice if she could become that BEFORE this Danica, Danica, Danica b---sh-t plagues the race broadcasts.

For every Danica fan glad to see her interviewed after her scintillating 38th place finish (or whatever it was) just think how many serious fans, sponsors, and other teams and drivers are wondering why the 38th place team is sucking up all the remaining spotlight? Shouldn't that airtime be going to either teams that did well, surprisingly better than expected, or worse than expected (and people want to know "What happened?"). Danica finishing 38th and getting in a wreck is no surprise at all. In fact, the odds were pretty high she'd be in the middle of the pack and caught up in a wreck at some point.

We even had to deal with an inordinate amount of time showing us her team working on her car in the garage rather than covering cars in the race that mattered.

Nascar can have this circus act and please keep it over there...
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

BTW... Was it just my imagination or were there an awful lot of commercials during the Danica 500 last night?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So at the end Fox interviewed P1, P2, P3, and P38. Can you guess who was P38??

I realize right now she's a story, although it's a story that's more 'created' and massaged rather than naturally happening. But this Danica, Danica, Danica b---sh-t is going to turn people off in Nascar just as it did in Indycar unless she somehow becomes a much more aggressive and better driver than she ever was in Indycar. And it would be nice if she could become that BEFORE this Danica, Danica, Danica b---sh-t plagues the race broadcasts.

For every Danica fan glad to see her interviewed after her scintillating 38th place finish (or whatever it was) just think how many serious fans, sponsors, and other teams and drivers are wondering why the 38th place team is sucking up all the remaining spotlight? Shouldn't that airtime be going to either teams that did well, surprisingly better than expected, or worse than expected (and people want to know "What happened?"). Danica finishing 38th and getting in a wreck is no surprise at all. In fact, the odds were pretty high she'd be in the middle of the pack and caught up in a wreck at some point.

We even had to deal with an inordinate amount of time showing us her team working on her car in the garage rather than covering cars in the race that mattered.

Nascar can have this circus act and please keep it over there...
    Kyle Petty was busting on Danicamania during the pre-race. Something to the effect of "I promise there are more cars out there that the 10 car and we will talk about some of them". And yes, there were a ton of commercials.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:

Out of Patrick's shadow

Michael Andretti, Danica Patrick's former car owner in IndyCar, said Thursday the series is better off in some respects since she left for NASCAR.

"Yeah, we lost Danica, but I'm not sure that's going to be negative," he said. "I think she brought a lot of good stuff, but she brought a lot of other things that really took away from the rest of our series. And I don't think that's healthy. And I think NASCAR's going to find that."

Andretti, speaking in Milwaukee, went out of his way to make clear that his comments weren't meant as a criticism of Patrick, but rather of the amount of media attention she receives at the expense of other drivers.

"It became all about her," Andretti said. "Even our racing was secondary. I mean, to talk about her finishing 12th in the field, it was taking away from our real stars that we have that really were not getting the billing they should get."
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...t|IndyStar.com

...+1

------

-John Wooden

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Let us put paid to the 2011 thread and begin anew!