Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 92 of 92

Thread: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

  1. #76
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,147

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How bout that Pierre Garcon guy TJ how did he do today?
    Are you being serious?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

    RWB

  3. #77
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,969

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, winning just one championship is like winning zero championships.

    *
    That right there is funny.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  5. #78

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good god what an overreaction. We are an injury riddled team without the one player our entire offensive and defensive schemes revolve around. Of course we are going to suck. I'm on board with getting rid of that moron Caldwell, but not cleaning the Polians out. That's silly.


    And you don't see something wrong with that one player being out and the team collapsing as a result?

    Seriously? This team had a ton of injuries last year(but still had Manning) and we managed to win a division and almost won our playoff game if not for the ineptitude of Caldwell and ST (wow this is a familiar theme)

    I just don't get you people that think its okay that this team lives and obviously dies by Manning did they not think this day would come? What was their Plan B? They clearly did not have one and have nobody to blame but themselves for this.

    I mean even the Pats as much as I loathe them were able to win without Brady and went 11-5 and if not for a tiebreaker would've made the playoffs with that record.

    The Colts can't even win a game without Peyton. Its inexcusable.

    Yes Caldwell needs to go but the Polians have to go with him because they're living on past reputation and with each loss a rather overrated one. Firing Caldwell doesn't fix everything the entire system is flawed and Polian created it if he can't adapt to what needs to be done to succeed in today's NFL yes he needs to go the sooner the better.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  7. #79

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes Caldwell needs to go but the Polians have to go with him because they're living on past reputation and with each loss a rather overrated one. Firing Caldwell doesn't fix everything the entire system is flawed and Polian created it if he can't adapt to what needs to be done to succeed in today's NFL yes he needs to go the sooner the better.
    If you want to fix the system then Bill has to go along with Caldwell but I am not sure of Chris.

    Our DC had the LB's blitz the run which has impacted the Colts defense in good and bad ways. Our corners simply have regressed and can't handle most teams wr's.

    IF the Colts can upgrade the coach and the GM then they should but we all know this probably won't happen.

  8. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,162

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Went to the game and there was a ton of Blue there at Paul Brown field. Nice city, folks were cool, and once again proved Indy is not the only fair weather fans. A ton of empty seats but maybe their fans will get on board since they are 4-2. Doubt it because most thought they still suck and we just watched two really bad teams out there.

    Side note: Went to Izzy's but didn't do the Man VS Food challenge on the 110 reuben. Honestly I preferred Shapiro's reuben in Indy where the sauerkraut has a little more bite.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  10. #81
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep but don't you worry I'm sure someone will say you hate the team for stating the obvious. Because you know the Colts can't do no wrong and we're spoiled for suggesting changes that were long overdue and years in the making needed to have been done ages ago.
    Do you purposely distort what people say to get a kick out of it, or do you simply not have the ability to understand?

    I've been calling you out, not because you disagree with the direction, but because you're so over-the-top it can't be ignored.

    You tried to insult the Colts by comparing them to the Packers. Wow, what an insult.

    Then you've tried claiming that the only good player the Colts have is Peyton.

    Instead of just acknowledging how far fetched you go in order to criticize, you've simply dug you're head in the sand further. Great strategy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    However good luck getting Irsay to get out of his drug induced stupor to actually notice this.
    Stay classy.

  11. #82
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,864

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And you don't see something wrong with that one player being out and the team collapsing as a result?

    Seriously? This team had a ton of injuries last year(but still had Manning) and we managed to win a division and almost won our playoff game if not for the ineptitude of Caldwell and ST (wow this is a familiar theme)

    I just don't get you people that think its okay that this team lives and obviously dies by Manning did they not think this day would come? What was their Plan B? They clearly did not have one and have nobody to blame but themselves for this.

    I mean even the Pats as much as I loathe them were able to win without Brady and went 11-5 and if not for a tiebreaker would've made the playoffs with that record.

    The Colts can't even win a game without Peyton. Its inexcusable.

    Yes Caldwell needs to go but the Polians have to go with him because they're living on past reputation and with each loss a rather overrated one. Firing Caldwell doesn't fix everything the entire system is flawed and Polian created it if he can't adapt to what needs to be done to succeed in today's NFL yes he needs to go the sooner the better.
    Of course I see something wrong with it. I'm not happy about this state of affairs either, but firing everyone in one of the smoothest run, successful NFL franchises because of one catastrophic season is not a smart way to run a business.

    We will win a game without Peyton too. We lost our first six, which sucks, but we aren't going to go 0-16. Caldwell is a crappy coach and always has been, which is why I'm fine with axing that goon. The Polians have made some mistakes in recent years with personnel (understatement, I realize), but they still are the architects behind our success the past decade+. You can argue that is all because of Peyton, but I don't think that's true.

    We will be fine. We picked a great year to be horrible. The team wasn't going to be a contender even with Peyton imo, and there is one elite prize at the top of the draft this year. Keep in mind that if we finish with a horrible record it will make our schedule easier next season. Instead of playing all those first place teams we get every year we will get all the last place teams with a healthy Manning. A year from now we could very easily be 6-0 or 5-1 and all you people clamoring to blow the organization up will be contentedly cheering on our once again successful football team.

  12. #83
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,101
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Drafting Andrew Luck does NOTHING to address this teams real problem and that's the fact that the Cover 2 blows, and they NEVER, not even once, acquired the 2 run stuffing fatties in the middle it takes to REALLY make it work. The only reason they won the SB is because Sanders came back healthy and creamed every runner that touched the ball for 5 straight games. He was basically doing the jobs of two DT's in those games. The Cover 2 needs to go out with the bathwater, and any coach or GM who supports keeping it and not getting the personnel to properly use it should go right with it.

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  14. #84

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We will be fine. We picked a great year to be horrible. The team wasn't going to be a contender even with Peyton imo, and there is one elite prize at the top of the draft this year. Keep in mind that if we finish with a horrible record it will make our schedule easier next season. Instead of playing all those first place teams we get every year we will get all the last place teams with a healthy Manning. A year from now we could very easily be 6-0 or 5-1 and all you people clamoring to blow the organization up will be contentedly cheering on our once again successful football team.
    People have been clamoring to blow up the organization for for awhile now.

    Theres a difference in winning in the regular season vs winning in the post season and the criticisms of a lot of people on here reflect the latter.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-17-2011 at 05:54 PM.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  16. #85

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    I've been to Cincy many times. It's a nice small city. Much like Indy.

    Also much like Indy, their sports fanbase is very fair weathered.

    So, the Bengals to the Colts is like the Pacers to the Bulls.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  17. #86
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been calling you out, not because you disagree with the direction, but because you're so over-the-top it can't be ignored.
    Sure it can, use ignore. That's what I did. It's irritating to read the same post 50 times in each and every thread even when it's not relevant to the discussion at hand. Just couldn't take it anymore. Warping every discussion about anything to do with football to a "Polian sucks!!!" post is over the top and unnecessary.

    Bball has the same views, but doesn't post them every 5 seconds. He waits until it's relevant to the conversation and makes coherent points. I actually look forward to reading his posts about the subject even though I disagree generally.

    I can't even see Basketball Fan's posts, but I could probably post them myself at this point and I probably wouldn't be too far off. It's entirely predictable.

  18. #87

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you purposely distort what people say to get a kick out of it, or do you simply not have the ability to understand?

    I've been calling you out, not because you disagree with the direction, but because you're so over-the-top it can't be ignored.

    You tried to insult the Colts by comparing them to the Packers. Wow, what an insult.

    Then you've tried claiming that the only good player the Colts have is Peyton.

    Instead of just acknowledging how far fetched you go in order to criticize, you've simply dug you're head in the sand further. Great strategy.



    Stay classy.

    Pot calling the kettle black here about distorting what people say. Really? The Colts seem content with winning the division and being one and done. Its a shame because we had Manning and we squandered his best years by not even trying to improve special teams or an outdated Tampa 2.

    And of course the coaching.

    Regular season success is one thing with Manning that was never really in doubt we're talking about postseason where it really counts and what you're judged by and yes the Colts left a lot to be desired.

    And yes I think Irsay is back on drugs again I saw him on TV when he was talking about Peyton he looked rather bloated in the face more than usual and its not just old age weight gain.

    But hey you keep believing what the FO is shoveling I mean being 0-6 without Manning for a team that's supposed to be an SB contender is acceptable for some people.

  19. #88

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you want to fix the system then Bill has to go along with Caldwell but I am not sure of Chris.

    Our DC had the LB's blitz the run which has impacted the Colts defense in good and bad ways. Our corners simply have regressed and can't handle most teams wr's.

    IF the Colts can upgrade the coach and the GM then they should but we all know this probably won't happen.

    See Chris is Bill's son and its pretty obvious that despite Chris being the "GM" Daddy is still pulling the strings here. You have to get rid of them both because they seem like a package deal.

  20. #89
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,864

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People have been clamoring to blow up the organization for for awhile now.

    Theres a difference in winning in the regular season vs winning in the post season and the criticisms of a lot of people on here reflect the latter.
    Getting to the playoffs is the trick. Anything can happen when you get there. See: Seahawks vs. Saints last year. I'd love to know what the experts around here think the difference is between winning in the regular season and postseason.

  21. #90

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Getting to the playoffs is the trick. Anything can happen when you get there. See: Seahawks vs. Saints last year. I'd love to know what the experts around here think the difference is between winning in the regular season and postseason.
    For me its the small market mentality this team has and yes its in a small market but given the coverage this team gets from the national media(which really is mostly because of Manning at this point they don't seem to care about anyone else apparently) with PT games etc. You would think this team won more titles but nope.

    They think being in the playoffs is okay and well forget about fixing a special teams that blows coverage or a defense that can't stop the run and is undersized and expect it to work(now they can't stop the pass either). The O-Line doesn't seem nearly as bad compared to those two things.

    If they actively fixed these problems and we still fell short I can accept that because we did something.

    But they didn't do anything they choose to ignore the obvious bury their head in the sand until it can't be ignored anymore(like now without Manning)

    I mean we had Peyton he can put up enough points on the board and keep the defense off the field and we can win the game. That was what they really thought. And its so incredibly ignorant and arrogant all at the same time.

    Sure works in the regular season but the playoffs? Coaching and talent win out more often than not.

    And now without Manning this team has been exposed as below average( to put it mildly).

  22. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,655
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you being serious?
    ya he looked like a average WR until he gave the other team the ball and the game.

  23. #92
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,376

    Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ya he looked like a average WR until he gave the other team the ball and the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •