Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

Injuries:

Addai, Castonzo, and Nevis are all out for today's game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/71...ing-cincinnati

Prediction:

Bengals 34, Colts 24

Luck Tank:

Rolls on...

Default Re: Colts @ Bengals Game/Post-Game

Did anyone else hear on ESPN that Schefter(a Polian mouthpiece) said that Caldwell could be on the hotseat and Tressel could possibly be a replacement.

Yeah while I think Caldwell sucks I don't think Tressel is that much better either. Sure he's a great college coach but NFL? Really?

And with Polian possibly selecting him as a replacement you know not much will change.

(assuming any of this is true)

Caldwell should be on the hotseat because when the team is down the flaws really show thru. And it's not like there aren't some questionable game management calls in his recent past.

But why should a team with Peyton Manning at the helm have to settle for an untested (in the NFL) rookie coach? The team should have their pick of coaches. It's why the question marks surrounding Caldwell have been so large...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Caldwell should be on the hotseat because when the team is down the flaws really show thru. And it's not like there aren't some questionable game management calls in his recent past.

But why should a team with Peyton Manning at the helm have to settle for an untested (in the NFL) rookie coach? The team should have their pick of coaches. It's why the question marks surrounding Caldwell have been so large...
    Because the owner is a tool and thinks Polian is above reproach for some unexplicable reason not that he's living on past reputation at this point. I don't need a "name" (as I think the trend is going with younger coaches with something to prove)

No coach worth their salt is going to come here unless the Polians are history if you get rid of Caldwell you need to get rid of the Polians too.

The problems with this team go beyond coaching.

Dallas has been absolutely worthless this year. I mean he's been cut worthy.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I see Dallas has picked up where he left off last week. Defense forced a three and out, offense gives it right back to Cincy with good field position. This game right here is VERY important for the Colts. This is one of the winnable games on the schedule. If they don't get it done here, zero or one wins is well within reach.

Mood

Dallas' season makes you wonder is Peyton has made him more than he is. I would say yes except for the fact that a LOT of Dallas' big play ability comes from yards after the catch. Still, it's pretty obvious, that something is wrong with Dallas.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    Dallas has been absolutely worthless this year. I mean he's been cut worthy.
    I think if we can trade Clark we should do it. Get something in return but really his value has dropped considerably at this point.

Mood

Man, what an awesome directional kick. Pinned him right in that corner with his special teams bearing down. Nothing he could do with that. That's the way that kickers are going to start going with the new kickoff rules. They are going to stop aiming for touchbacks and use kickoff return yards against as their measuring stick.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Man, what an awesome directional kick. Pinned him right in that corner with his special teams bearing down. Nothing he could do with that. That's the way that kickers are going to start going with the new kickoff rules. They are going to stop aiming for touchbacks and use kickoff return yards against as their measuring stick.
    It's a kickoff, not a punt. If it goes out of bounds we get it at the 40. If it goes out in the end zone, we get it at the 20.

You let that go. That was just a stupid play by Legefed (or however you spell it).

Mood

One other thing about Dallas, teams have adjusted their coverage of him. The Colts use him more often as a slot receiver than a tight end so the defense is simply covering him with their DB's instead of the LB's and Safeties. Dallas is used to using his speed to beat a slower player and he can't do that to a DB. In the past, the defense had to double the Colts WR's. Due to the fact that the QB and WR combo isn't what it used to be, the other team can choose to play Dallas this way on certain plays so maybe that's part of what's going on.

I wonder if Dallas's problems are in his head. He is too caught up into not having Peyton playing. He hasn't been able to just move forward.

We can't forget how big of a difference maker Dallas is. This team really missed him when he was injured last season.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    It's a kickoff, not a punt. If it goes out of bounds we get it at the 40. If it goes out in the end zone, we get it at the 20.

You let that go. That was just a stupid play by Legefed (or however you spell it).
    I know the difference between a kickoff and a punt. That kickoff wasn't going out of bounds, it was going to roll into the endzone if anything, and actually, probably would have been pinned at the 1 if he had let it go. The point is, you have to make the receiver make a decision, do I take it, or do i let it roll? The more indecision you can create in his head the more likely something good happens for you. Kicking a "no doubter" into the endzone is no longer the goal for kickers under the changed rule. Thanks very much for the Football 101 lesson though.
    Last edited by travmil; 10-16-2011 at 01:31 PM.

I know the difference between a kickoff and a punt. That kickoff wasn't going out of bounds, it was going to roll into the endzone if anything. The point is, you have to make the receiver make a decision, do I take it, or do i let it roll? The more indecision you can create in his head the more likely something good happens for you. Kicking a "no doubter" into the endzone is no longer the goal for kickers under the changed rule. Thanks very much for the Football 101 lesson though.
    There shouldn't be any indecision. You leave it alone. Pretty simple.

And you're very welcome.

Mood

Whatever. You act like it's that cut and dried. You try making that decision with 1200 pounds of crazy special teams gunners who want nothing more than to bury you, literally bury you, complete with funeral, in their end zone.

Whatever. You act like it's that cut and dried. You try making that decision with 1200 pounds of crazy special teams gunners who want nothing more than to bury you, literally bury you, complete with funeral, in their end zone.
    You just made more of a case for why you leave it alone.

Nice run by Donald Brown! Touchdown!!

Good grief Donald Brown!

Mood

Look at that play. They put Garcon in motion and made it look like they were going to him again. When everyone moved to contain him, Brown only had to beat the only Cincy hippo they left at the line. They sold that so well that the defensive backs were STILL following Garcon while Brown was dancing in the endzone.

Mood

You just made more of a case for why you leave it alone.
    In your opinion. In my opinion, I showed where the indecision comes from. Laugh all you want, it doesn't bother me.

In your opinion. In my opinion, I showed where the indecision comes from. Laugh all you want, it doesn't bother me.
    If you mentioned it, it bothered you. I'm not even trying. You're horribly sensitive today.

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    This team really missed him when he was injured last season.
    I think people tend to forget Dallas missed a large portion of the season.

This is what I think the problem is... He didn't play last season (from the injury forward) and now he's forced to play with a different QB... and 2nd Colts QB this season (3rd if you count preseason). Rust, maybe still some lingering recovery (physical or mental), and familiarity are probably the issues. I'm sure Dallas could play with Peyton and hardly need to think about where the ball would be in certain situations and what kind of touch to expect on it.

There'd still probably be some rust issues even with Peyton but they would've been sorted out more quickly with some game action.

...IMHO...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

If you mentioned it, it bothered you. I'm not even trying. You're horribly sensitive today.
    LOL. You just go right on ahead thinking you're that important in my train of though if it makes you feel better.

Anyway, how about this game? Looks winnable so far.

At least they kept them out of the end zone

ST still sucks