Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 601

Thread: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

  1. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rivers is a black hole. No thanks.
    im glad im not the only one who see this

    Brad Beal>>> Rivers

    Rivers needs to stay in college to lean what Beal already knows/ Rivers has the talent he just doesn't know how to play without the basketball and he isnt a pg.

  2. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never seen these guys before today because I am only watching college basketball because of the lockout, Harrison Barnes off the ball needs some work. I've seen him multiple times float around the perimeter and end up standing next to a teammate. Only to throw his hands up for the ball like he's open. When there are 2 defenders right there. Kinda silly. Ha.
    that is 90% of players these days

  3. #78

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    im glad im not the only one who see this

    Brad Beal>>> Rivers

    Rivers needs to stay in college to lean what Beal already knows/ Rivers has the talent he just doesn't know how to play without the basketball and he isnt a pg.

    No, I agree as well. I can't remember if I stated it here or somewhere else, but I think Rivers needs another year in college. He can't play without the ball in his hands and then when he has it in his hands he forces everything.

    He is amazing at getting to the rim, though. Just awful at finishing.

    I really like Gilchrist. Not sure how I feel about anthony davis.
    Last edited by righteouscool; 12-03-2011 at 02:14 PM.

  4. #79
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    All these guys I have heard of, and so far I am most impressed with Kidd-Gilchrist. Never heard of him.

  5. #80

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Henson or Zeller if available.
    We're talking about the 2012 draft right? Cody Zeller needs AT LEAST one more year at IU, but more likely two more before he's close to ready for the pros. He has a great skill set but still has way too much to learn mentally and physically. Plus, there's no way Cody doesn't come back next year to play with Yogi as those two have been talking about playing together for several years.

  6. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I agree as well. I can't remember if I stated it here or somewhere else, but I think Rivers needs another year in college. He can't play without the ball in his hands and then when he has it in his hands he forces everything.

    He is amazing at getting to the rim, though. Just awful at finishing.

    I really like Gilchrist. Not sure how I feel about anthony davis.
    Gilchrist like Jones plays with so much heart and effort that is really a trait Coch Cal players have mostly due to how coach Cal coaches he plays and aggressive style and preaches effort

    Anthony Davis is gonna be a stud he changes about every shot and guards his own man well but is already a hell of a help defender.

    He also has a hell of an offensive game he was a pg growing up. He was pretty short and when he hit his growth spurt he grew a foot. So he has pg ability in a C body. He still needs to add muscle but he has as much talent as a young KG watching film from Kg in HS they look really similar. But KG had the work ethic and attitude to be a great player. Anthony will need to have the same if he wants to reach that level.

  7. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're talking about the 2012 draft right? Cody Zeller needs AT LEAST one more year at IU, but more likely two more before he's close to ready for the pros. He has a great skill set but still has way too much to learn mentally and physically. Plus, there's no way Cody doesn't come back next year to play with Yogi as those two have been talking about playing together for several years.
    I doubt he comes out but I disagree he could play in the league next year. He needs to add weight but he is light years ahead of his brother and as a motor that never stops which Tyler doesnt have.

  8. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,607

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt he comes out but I disagree he could play in the league next year. He needs to add weight but he is light years ahead of his brother and as a motor that never stops which Tyler doesnt have.
    I want to see him play another NBA level big. That Kentucky game will say a lot.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:


  10. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    if you are doing your mock draft based on one game, I hope your pencil has a eraser!
    Fran Fraschilla


    couldn't of said it better myself Fran many will over value this game. It is just one game. for example this is my far the best ive seen Kidd Gilchrist play.(ive watched all the UK games this year on ESPN3)

  11. #85

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt he comes out but I disagree he could play in the league next year. He needs to add weight but he is light years ahead of his brother and as a motor that never stops which Tyler doesnt have.
    I've only had the chance to catch one Indiana game but he reminds me a bit of Tyler. Just relentless

  12. #86

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt he comes out but I disagree he could play in the league next year. He needs to add weight but he is light years ahead of his brother and as a motor that never stops which Tyler doesnt have.
    Then you'd notice how Andrew Smith and CJ Leslie, the only two legit bigs IU has gone up against this year, were able to consistently push him off of the low block and deny entry passes to Cody. Cody is a great player and he will most definitely be back at IU, but there's no way he could compete at the NBA level next year. His motor has gotten him several offensive rebounds thus far, but he has struggled to block out for defensive rebounds. I think Cody can become a great pro, no doubt, and I love his skillset but it'd be an absolute shame if he came out before he's ready in 2-3 years.

  13. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then you'd notice how Andrew Smith and CJ Leslie, the only two legit bigs IU has gone up against this year, were able to consistently push him off of the low block and deny entry passes to Cody. Cody is a great player and he will most definitely be back at IU, but there's no way he could compete at the NBA level next year. His motor has gotten him several offensive rebounds thus far, but he has struggled to block out for defensive rebounds. I think Cody can become a great pro, no doubt, and I love his skillset but it'd be an absolute shame if he came out before he's ready in 2-3 years.
    I agree he should go back for a few years because like his brother was as a freshman he needs to bulk up(he is bigger than Tyler as a freshman though). But if he did come out I would be all over him even if it takes him a year or two to bulk up and get stronger he would be worth it long term IMO.

    Bigs take longer to develop but Cody already has a great skill set that will translate to the NBA so I would take him even if he wouldn't make and immediate impact.

    Cody is a legit 6"11 you cant teach that and he has mobility that is rare for a guy his size add his motor I think he would be a steal if he came out and we got him around 20.

    on top of that name a big who can run the floor like cody?? His talent is pretty special IMO Mitch McGary might be the only guy who has all the tools Cody has but Mitch has a little bit better offensive game.


    he abused CJ Leslie though he used fakes to score pretty easily on him 19,9. But if CJ was smarter and didn't jump it could of been different.

    I just think it would be a no brainier if he made the mistake to come out to take him at 20.

    I mean hell Roy is still developing a lot and he is in his 3rd year and was a senior,

    On Thomas Robinson watched him last night again he wants to be a SF it seems always wanting to dribble up the floor which normally ends in a turn over. He put up stats last night but he was playing really poor. But they were play joke competition still love his motor but he is a bit under sized.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-03-2011 at 03:00 PM.

  14. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've only had the chance to catch one Indiana game but he reminds me a bit of Tyler. Just relentless
    that is a decent comparison motor wise for sure but In a Centers body He does need to add a lot of muscle but it will come in time.(he has the frame that can take on weight I mean he doesnt have Brandon Wright's frame)

    and he is a much better passer than Tyler which IMO is Tylers real down fall.

    That is what impresses me the most is his high IQ on defense and IQ on offense especially his passing along with the motor.

  15. #89
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then you'd notice how Andrew Smith and CJ Leslie, the only two legit bigs IU has gone up against this year, were able to consistently push him off of the low block and deny entry passes to Cody. Cody is a great player and he will most definitely be back at IU, but there's no way he could compete at the NBA level next year. His motor has gotten him several offensive rebounds thus far, but he has struggled to block out for defensive rebounds. I think Cody can become a great pro, no doubt, and I love his skillset but it'd be an absolute shame if he came out before he's ready in 2-3 years.
    I agree with this. Holwell and company managed Zeller. You add 20 lbs of muscle in the next two years and you have a NBA ready big man. Cody needs to wait at least 2 years to get his maximum draft stock. Tyler waited the right amount and could go top 15 this year.

    I can see Gilchrist, Barnes, Jones, Davis, Henson, and Zeller going top 15. Which is sick and not including McAdoo or Teague.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  17. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,607

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler waited the right amount and could go top 15 this year.
    I actually think he waited a year too long. Gonna be a lot more talent in this draft.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:


  19. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    great play there by Davis

    Zeller really choked there though his hands failed him.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-03-2011 at 03:01 PM.

  20. #92

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Pacer4ever- Mitch McGary is not at the skill and fundamental level Cody is at. He's been highly overrated by most... No, I love Cody's game but I get sick and tired of seeing kids go pro when they are nowhere close to ready. The NBA is suffering because of it. Cody will be like Tyler and wait at least until his junior year to declare imo, but there is ZERO chance he leaves after this year.

  21. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacer4ever- Mitch McGary is not at the skill and fundamental level Cody is at. He's been highly overrated by most... No, I love Cody's game but I get sick and tired of seeing kids go pro when they are nowhere close to ready. The NBA is suffering because of it. Cody will be like Tyler and wait at least until his junior year to declare imo, but there is ZERO chance he leaves after this year.
    I meant body and motor wise Mitch has a better jumper though IMO. (but to be fair I only saw him play one AAU game and he didnt miss from 15 ft so maybe he was just hot.)


    Davis on that play made such a great play to anticipate what would happen left his man Zeller to block Henson. Really he is gonna be a beast on defense for years to come.

  22. #94
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,635

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    A - it does take more than a game or two

    B - the last 3 years I found FEB-MAR to be by far the best indicators of what a player is going to be

    Raw in DEC is fine, much better by FEB looks a lot better to me than a guy that was showing the same talent the entire year.

    Plus conference play can get so much more intense, especially road games during Spring semester. That's always a nice trial by fire for character and being a gamer.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  24. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Harrison Barnes is completely underwhelming as a prospect. He reminds me of another Martel Webster or Xavier Henry─completely one-dimensional.

  25. #96
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,114
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    im glad im not the only one who see this

    Brad Beal>>> Rivers

    Rivers needs to stay in college to lean what Beal already knows/ Rivers has the talent he just doesn't know how to play without the basketball and he isnt a pg.
    I do not know about tat comment, Beal has a ton of potential, but he has had multiple games where he continues to force 3's when he is off, he will have to fix that.

    I think Austin is good, and he needs to watch Kobe, that is who he reminds me of sometimes with his diving ability, but the big difference is size, decision making and shot selection. If I were him that would be exactly what I would work on. In no way am I saying he is Kobe or close, but if he would like to find out how to make his game more complete then that is who he should study.

    Also Rivers surprised me by hitting some of his 3's, he also has potential to turn into a decent pg in time, he is starting to figure out that when he drives there will be people wide open and he actually made a decent amount of good passes during the game, 2nd on the team in assist next to quinn cook for that game.

    But I am with you, a extra year in school would do wonders for him.
    Why so SERIOUS

  26. #97
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,114
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All these guys I have heard of, and so far I am most impressed with Kidd-Gilchrist. Never heard of him.
    He was actually ranked ahead of everyone in his class during his junior year. He has tons of energy and I am with you, I love the energy that he plays with, he is really a player to watch.
    Why so SERIOUS

  27. #98
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,114
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Harrison Barnes is completely underwhelming as a prospect. He reminds me of another Martel Webster or Xavier Henry─completely one-dimensional.
    Harrison is very good, when he wants to be. He can step up his game on defense and offense and dominate, the only problem is that he does not play like this often. The games that he plays withe a killer instinct it is easy to see why he was the highest ranked player coming out of high school. I think if he keeps up playing the way that is is so far this season that he will fall on draft boards, everyone saw what happened when Marvin Williams went to the league.
    Why so SERIOUS

  28. #99
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,114
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Kind of surprising that Zeller, actually had one of the best statistical games for his team.

    Leading them in points, rebounds, steals, and FT's
    Why so SERIOUS

  29. #100
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,434

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Nice writeup of the Kentucky-UNC game:

    http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/12/03/c...lottery-picks/

    Speaking of Rivers, does he remind anyone else of Monta?

Similar Threads

  1. IKL 2010 DRAFT THREAD - Here we go!
    By Los Angeles in forum International Keeper League
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 05:11 PM
  2. The always classic: Bill Simmons Draft diary XIV
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 10:53 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 03:27 PM
  4. 06-01-04 Draft Update
    By kerosene in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 12:41 AM
  5. 05-28-04
    By kerosene in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2004, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •