Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

I really like henson but I dont think he's going to be left when we're picking.

I'm keen on arnett moultrie and dee bost from MSU who could be available

GRANGER!! FOR THE WIN.............. IT'S GOOD!!!!!

Henson averaging 16 points, 11 rebounds and 4 blocks as a sophomore.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Henson averaging 16 points, 11 rebounds and 4 blocks as a sophomore.
    Pretty sure he is a junior I wasn't impressed with the guy much last year cause he didn't get much better. But as a junior he is really impressing me. He improved a lot even has some offend now he needs to gain muscle but he should be a good defender at the next level. Marcus Camby light?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Henson is a beanpole that needs to prove that he can do something other than block shots from the weak side before I even want him on my team at all. He's paper-thin, can't shoot, has no post game and gets backed under the basket by most every NBA-sized big man.

Just about everything he does is set up by his teammates.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Henson is a beanpole that needs to prove that he can do something other than block shots from the weak side before I even want him on my team at all. He's paper-thin, can't shoot, has no post game and gets backed under the basket by most every NBA-sized big man.

Just about everything he does is set up by his teammates.
    Ya he needs to add a lot of weight his shot is improved not saying much. But to say you wouldn't want him on your team is harsh he isn't Patrick obrian bad on offense or in the hand department. He also is a good kid from what I've read not saying I would draft him top 10 but I think he should go about where Kenny Faried did mid 20s

Mood

Watching Perry Jones he is making his return tonight has a new number this year switched to #1.

Cody Zeller is up to #19 on Chad Ford's Big Board. Says all the scouts like him better than his brother. ****.

Drummond has underwhelmed a bit. He looks like he can use another year (so far, I should probably give him another month..) But will easily be picked high in the draft because of his potential.

Lamb, once again, could use another year. He can score/shoot. But I think he needs to develop his game a bit more. Him and Napier are fun to watch, and I love them both. But they can drive me crazy..

he's only played one game, but Ryan Boatright was impressive. He's so tiny though. (It's so funny, Kemba is taller than Napier, who is taller than Boatright. And Kemba is shorter than the girl in my Avatar, who...at best, is 5'11) He's obviously not going to leave this season, but he reminded me of a less ballhoggy Iverson.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Cody Zeller is up to #19 on Chad Ford's Big Board. Says all the scouts like him better than his brother. ****.
    he is a lot quicker than his brother and way more active on the glass and on defense.

Perry Jones finally has a pg in JC transfer Pierre Jackson is a good passing pg AJ Walton is still on the team but a very selfish pg. Every time I watch Baylor I just come away so loving the way Quincy Acy plays. I love watching college players who work hard on the glass like Acy does.

If Jeramey Lamb didn't take bad shots he would be a really great player. He reminds me a lot of Brandon Roy except for Lamb forces things a lot. He has good vision and passing for a 2. I just dont get why he forces so many 3s when he doesn't need too. He needs to play more like Brad Beal who truly plays the game the right way. I love watching Brad Beal play he makes the correct play always makes the extra pass and plays within himself.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-29-2011 at 08:50 PM.

I've been watching Andre Dummond. He's definitely not been the freshman sensation a lot of the top recruits have been lately.

I wonder: If he keeps underwhelming, yet still declares for the upcoming draft, how far his stock will have dropped?

It reminds me of DeAndre Jordan at Texas A&M a few years back, where he was projected as a high lottery pick, had a disappointing freshman season, declared anyway, and plummeted to the 2nd round.

I don't think Drummond would go anywhere near the low, but I could see him falling to the bottom half of the lottery after being projected as a potential #1 pick.

Mood

Perry Jones came to play tonight 18pts so far very active on the board and on defense. His post game is better than last year and he looks to have added a little muscle. He is playing Prairie View so you have to take it with a grain of salt. But his post game looks really good compared to last year. He will be dangerous if he gets a solid post game he is already a great shooter from 15-17ft he will be a tough guy to guard at the next level. He made the right decision coming back for another year it appears he has been putting in work and really improving

Quincy Miller is out tonight with a ankle injury

This team is the opposite of how I though of them last year. Baylor last year IMO was one of the most selfish teams in college ball. They still play selfish when AJ plays point. But when Pierre plays pg they play very selfless and look very good. I expect him to get more minutes as the season go's along.

But with Miller, Acy, Jones, They have one of the longest teams in America and play a tough 2-3 zone.

OMG Deuce Bello just threw down a nasty dunk from Pierre you should see it on SC tonight.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-29-2011 at 09:40 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Lamb Forces a lot of threes because he's not that great of a ball handler. Better to throw up a bad shot than commit a turnover. But he could, you know, pass the ball to Drummond instead of taking those stupid shots..

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Lamb Forces a lot of threes because he's not that great of a ball handler. Better to throw up a bad shot than commit a turnover. But he could, you know, pass the ball to Drummond instead of taking those stupid shots..
    He moves very well off the ball and knows how to get open he seems like aa smart player off the ball but he doesnt play within himself with the ball.
    But the thing is he can create off the dribble just some times he tries to do way too much. He is a good player he just needs some more seasoning and coaching IMO.

Jared Sullinger is averaging 19 and 10 shooting nearly 65% those are impressive stats.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-29-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Rivers is amazing at getting to the basket

I love Sullinger. Dude's a beast.

Mood

Perry Jones be the first pick in this yrs draft, I'm calling it now.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Still no where sold on Kendall Marshall tonight will be a test I hope he guards Jordan Taylor.
    I fear he is just too weak a defender too be a starter in the NBA. The kid has amazing vision but has been terrible shooting the ball this year. He is getting steals but until I see him play good 1v1 man defense on a legit player I will be skeptical. I want to see him guard a guy like Marquis Teague and see how he does. Last year vs Reggie Jackson they had Harrison Barnes guard Reggie and Reggie guarded Barnes.

I would take Cody Zeller over Tyler for the Pacers at least. Cody runs the floor so well it isnt even funny. He also has a much much better motor than his brother. Tyler is more skilled right now but Cody isnt to far behind and will be the better player when it is all said in done IMO. Both players are good defenders and decent passers. I would like to see how a Cody Zeller Roy Hibbert combo would play together they would be pretty good match IMO. Once Cody get's his body right he is gonna be a good nba player plays a lot like Kris Humphry did last season.

Tyshawn Taylor I like a lot not for the Pacers though we have to many combo guards. His shooting form reminds me a lot of PG he will be a steal in the 2nd rd if he sticks there.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-02-2011 at 07:01 PM.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Heads up, Carolina and Kentucky play on CBS in about 20 minutes. Probably about a dozen NBA players in this game.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Clark's calling the game, made a not so subtle (if you're a Pacers fan) reference to Rush being an idiot on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    Rivers is amazing at getting to the basket
    Rivers is a black hole. No thanks.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Kendall Marshall's currently averaging 10.3 apg. When's the last time an NCAA point guard averaged double-figures in assists?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    Kendall Marshall's currently averaging 10.3 apg. When's the last time an NCAA point guard averaged double-figures in assists?
    He's a full assist behind Scott Machado from Iona. Love to see him be a Pacer in the 2nd round.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've never seen these guys before today because I am only watching college basketball because of the lockout, Harrison Barnes off the ball needs some work. I've seen him multiple times float around the perimeter and end up standing next to a teammate. Only to throw his hands up for the ball like he's open. When there are 2 defenders right there. Kinda silly. Ha.

Henson or Zeller if available.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Henson or Zeller if available.
    Henson is going top 10 the kid has improved so much I agree with Zeller if we are talking Cody like him better than Tyler.

I though the only NBA action this year would be today at Rupp lol glad they got the lockout fixed.

Kendall is actually playing good defense on Teague mixed feelings on Kendall I think he is really underrated defensively but unless he can get a consistent jumper he would be a liability on offense.. because you can just sag off plus he doesnt have the speed to beat you off the dribble like the pg's who cant shoot. He will likely go first rd. Wouldn't be shocked if the Heat took him to be there run and gun pg. He is very smart and doesnt turn the ball over something every team could use.

Love me some Terrance Jones plays with so much heart and intensity
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-03-2011 at 01:10 PM.