Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 601

Thread: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

  1. #251
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rivers is a lot more athletic especially with the ball Rivers has an insane quick first step. I would take Rivers over Wroten any day Wroten isnt a bad athlete at all but Rivers is 20lbs lighter and much quicker and can get off his shot whenever he wants. Wroten to me will be a project he is gonna be a pg at the NBA level or at least the team that drafts him will try. But he has a lot of growing up to do if he wants to be a good pg. I view up more as Lance a SG who has great vision and cant shoot his decision making is really bad right now.
    Very true, I was meaning Wroten vs Burks though, sorry, should have stated that more clearly, I would love rivers for this team, he can create his on shot, and has tons of potential, we wont be able to get him though...
    Why so SERIOUS

  2. #252
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very true, I was meaning Wroten vs Burks though, sorry, should have stated that more clearly, I would love rivers for this team, he can create his on shot, and has tons of potential, we wont be able to get him though...
    Burks is a better athlete than Wroten as well for the same reasons great first step and much quicker and lighter. But Wroten is much stronger so his speed and quickness doesnt have to be great like a Burks or a Rivers.

  3. #253
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Burks is a better athlete than Wroten as well for the same reasons great first step and much quicker and lighter. But Wroten is much stronger so his speed and quickness doesnt have to be great like a Burks or a Rivers.
    I think they have him in quickness, but his speed is on par, but I think Rivers quickness is ridiculous, that will really be valuable in the NBA. I hope he makes big strides the rest of the season, I actually hope that he stays around one more year to allow him more time to work on this PG skills, even though I think he will play more 2 in the league that will really help when he has the ball in his hands
    Why so SERIOUS

  4. #254
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    sign me up for Scott Machado after watching a few of his games latley I love his game. I am watching him right now as well and this kid I really like plays the game the right way. He would be a terrific backup for us he is a floor general with great vision and can make the open jumper and get to the rim when the time presents itself. He doesnt project to be a good defender imo but he wont be a liability I would say average but he has quick hands should get a bunch of steals.

    Much rather take him in the 2nd than Marshall in the 1st I like Machado's overall game better than Marshall's.*

    I am really a fan though of the whole IONA team Mo-mo Jones transferred to IONA and I didn't even know he was big in Arizona's run last year.

    everyone on that team plays very unselfish and the ball movement is a thing of beauty.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-20-2012 at 11:42 PM.

  5. #255
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Today is a huge day with huge matchups got about 12 games set to DVR.

    12pm-1am will be good college games on

    Creighton ISU I am looking forward to as a sleeper game. As well as the Murray State game.

    Vandy vs Mississippi st should be good

    But Baylor Mizz is the best game on the docket in terms of college ranking. But to me Bama UK will be a good test for how good offensively some of the UK players are Bama is a beast of a defensive team.

    EDIT:

    props to Marquis Teague he has improved every game and is slowly but surely building his stock back up in my eyes.He looks like a different player than he was at the start of the season. He is starting to make all the right plays, decisions and passes and early in the season he was the exact opposite.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-21-2012 at 12:30 PM.

  6. #256
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,178

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    I really like Arnett Moultrie. I think he can be our backup center.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:


  8. #257
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really like Arnett Moultrie. I think he can be our backup center.
    he iss the only reason I am watching the Vandy game today. I am about Vandy ed out lol I have watched them play way to much.


    Festus vs him will be a good matchup

    My boy Quincy Acy has had a great game today same with Pierre Jackson and Quincy aka "Paul George mixed with Aminu" Miller

    Ricardo Ratliffe has also had himself a game he is the leading FG % guy at almost 80% on the season.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-21-2012 at 04:06 PM.

  9. #258
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    You know what, even though I said earlier this season that PJIII would be the first overall pick in the draft, if I am a NBA team, I would rather trade down and get Quincy Miller, Jones lack of intensity worries me, especially in the NBA, does not seem like he is really playing with much passion.

    Andre Drummond has really came along nicely, he really has a good chance to go #1...

    Also glad to see that Teague is playing better.
    Why so SERIOUS

  10. #259
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he iss the only reason I am watching the Vandy game today. I am about Vandy ed out lol I have watched them play way to much.


    Festus vs him will be a good matchup

    My boy Quincy Acy has had a great game today same with Pierre Jackson

    Ricardo Ratliffe has also had himself a game he is the leading FG % guy at almost 80% on the season.
    Hey, let me know how Sidney does, I remember he was hurt during his time earlier in the season when I saw him play.
    Why so SERIOUS

  11. #260
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know what, even though I said earlier this season that PJIII would be the first overall pick in the draft, if I am a NBA team, I would rather trade down and get Quincy Miller, Jones lack of intensity worries me, especially in the NBA, does not seem like he is really playing with much passion.

    Andre Drummond has really came along nicely, he really has a good chance to go #1...

    Also glad to see that Teague is playing better.
    PJ3 looks like Paul George on the Pacers last year way to tentative he needs to realize he is a beast.

    I love Quincy Miller's game aved 17ppg or near that when PJ3 was out in the first 7 games. If he had hiss own team like Paul George did in college he would average 20ppg easy. He reminds me so much of Paul George i really like his game.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  13. #261
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, let me know how Sidney does, I remember he was hurt during his time earlier in the season when I saw him play.
    Renardo Sidney?? I am in the Dakich camp (which is rare) I think there is no way he has enough skill to play at the next level. JMO

  14. #262

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ppr is flawed especially for a scoring pg which is what Lillard is(I like the stat but it is flawed if that is what you are judging a pg on you likley arent gonna find a great pg you have to watch the player as well as looking at advanced stats. But he is much improved had running an offense and being a leading breaking his foot was the best thing that ever happen to him. He looked like a new player after the injury.
    PPR isn't flawed unless you interpret it wrong. It doesn't factor in scoring or defense because its meant to tell you how good of a creator for others you are without turning the ball over which is kind of important factor in being a pg in the NBA.

    The fact is this is the first year he actually had a positive PPR because he doesn't commit as many turnovers which is great but even if you compare him to other scoring pg's he doesn't even have Norris Coles PPR at Cleveland State last year.

    Whether I disagree with his draft stock doesn't really matter its the fact that if you can take a guy later by trading down then do it. I doubt Lillard goes in the first round but if the Pacers pick him they should trade down IMO.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 01-21-2012 at 04:20 PM.

  15. #263
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PPR isn't flawed unless you interpret it wrong. It doesn't factor in scoring or defense because its meant to tell you how good of a creator for others you are without turning the ball over.

    The fact is this is the first year he actually had a positive PPR because he doesn't commit as many turnovers which is great but even if you compare him to other scoring pg's he doesn't even have Norris Coles PPR at Cleveland State last year.

    Whether I disagree with his draft stock doesn't really matter its the fact that if you can take a guy later by trading down then do it. I doubt Lillard goes in the first round but if the Pacers pick him they should trade down IMO.
    obviously if his stock is 2nd you trade down to get him. But right now his stock is climbing he is a 1st rd pick in many eyes right now.

    Funny you mention Cole and his PPR. He was a negative PPR player much of his time at Cleveland State wasn't until his senior season he was way into the postive at 2.3.

    Mo Williams is a guy I like to compare to Lillard his PPR is 1. I am not saying he is a pass first pg right now he isnt. But he makes plays the game the right way doesnt force things he was recruited to be a pass first pg but he is so much better that they need him to be an effient scorer which he is.

  16. #264
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Yeah, Miller is nice, I doubt PJIII will ever get it, the intensity that is, and it really sucks.

    As far as Sidney, I think he has the skills, but work ethic and conditioning are his problems I think, not sure if that will ever change.
    Why so SERIOUS

  17. #265
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    I like John Henson quite a bit. He might take a few years to develop but he could certainly be worth the wait.

  18. #266
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, Miller is nice, I doubt PJIII will ever get it, the intensity that is, and it really sucks.

    As far as Sidney, I think he has the skills, but work ethic and conditioning are his problems I think, not sure if that will ever change.
    I dont even see the skills I dont think he is a very good player and being fat is just the icing on the cake for why he wont ever be good. I always here people call him skilled I dont see it I think he is really overrated I doubt he gets drafted.

    Moultrie played great tonight I have it on DVR havent watched it all only the 1st half but he played great. He needs to get in better shape they had him playing PF a lot tonight I wanted to see him guard Festus but that didnt happen much. He is what I called skilled if he gets in better shape and stronger he will be a player at the next level he needs to add LBs and strength though. I wish he had Festus body which is truly an NBA body.



    We arent getting Henson he is going in the lottery. We need a guy like him though a defensive big Pat Young may be realistic same with Festus.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-21-2012 at 08:50 PM.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  20. #267
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like John Henson quite a bit. He might take a few years to develop but he could certainly be worth the wait.
    I have kind of cooled on Henson a bit, his frame just worries me, as well as his offense at the next level. Hopefully I am wrong but I do not see him being a good starting 4 in the NBA.
    Why so SERIOUS

  21. #268
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    franfraschilla Fran Fraschilla
    I saw UNT's Tony Mitchell two weeks ago and he has body of Dennis Rodman and a soft jumper. Basketball feel is still a work in progress.
    High praise for the guy I would like to take a gamble on I spoke on him in an earlier post in this thread. He reminds me of Tristan Thomson but more versatile in terms of offense(better jumper) I really like his game. But he is still very raw.

    He is the defensive shot blocker we could use and should be on the board when we pick.

    I saw him in a few Adidas camp games and also a few North Texas games I have film of.

  22. #269
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    right now for me

    1st rd = Tony Mitchell
    2nd rd= Scott Machado (trade up)


    I love Machado he always has his head up looking for the open man. Good shooter can get to the rim when the opportunity presents itself He rebounds very well for a pg and is a decent defender and will do the little things on defense I just love his game all the way around. True floor general and leader and can play off the ball aswell as on the ball very well.

    We may have to trade up to get Machado but I would do it.

  23. #270

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    right now for me

    1st rd = Tony Mitchell
    2nd rd= Scott Machado (trade up)


    I love Machado he always has his head up looking for the open man. Good shooter can get to the rim when the opportunity presents itself He rebounds very well for a pg and is a decent defender and will do the little things on defense I just love his game all the way around. True floor general and leader and can play off the ball aswell as on the ball very well.

    We may have to trade up to get Machado but I would do it.
    Big Machado fan. Like Damien Lillard too if Hill ends up getting some stupid offer.

  24. #271
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,319

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quincy Miller or Tony Mitchell would be nice.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  25. #272
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big Machado fan. Like Damien Lillard too if Hill ends up getting some stupid offer.
    Lillard IMO will be more a pg than Hill(many know I dont think Hill is a pg at all) but they are very similar I could see Lillard playing both at the NBA level(he has a pretty long wingspan like Hill he should be able to play the 2)

    He would be a good Hill(if he walks) replacement he has higher upside IMO than George.


    I have Machado so far ahead of Marshall on my big board. Marshall will be an ok pg in the right system but we don't play his style.(we play defense and halfcourt offense) Machado can do it all good in the half court and excellent in transition.

    I have a hard time finding a comparison for Scott Machado I guess my best would be Andre Miller?? Very smart player doesnt turn the ball over and a great passer and can score when needed.

    He played a hell of a game last night in crunch time he took over.

    I would love Quincy Miller but he will be long gone by the time we pick.



    I guess I should talk about Mitchell also. He is a beast on the glass great rebounder he is also a beast defender and great shot blocker but the offense isnt there yet(outside a nice jumper from mid range and dunks and dirty man cleanups). But he is a freak of an athlete if he understands his role at the next level he can be a very special player like a Serge Ibaka. One concern is how he missed all of last year due to bad grades but I prefer good players I could care less about his grades for the nba level as long as he isnt a cancer in the locker room and I don't think he is. He seems to have a good attitude and seems to be a good teammate from watching his games(hard to judge just off film though lol)

    Also what I like about him is he is adding things to his game first time I saw him playing for team USA he has no jumper. Now he has a pretty decent jumper and can even shoot the 3 if he is left open. So to me that shows he is a some what hard worker. I like guys who add new stuff year after year that make them self better.

    He plays at 1pm today on espn3.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-28-2012 at 11:35 AM.

  26. #273
    Funk Seoul Brother Frostwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,293

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess I should talk about Mitchell also. He is a beast on the glass great rebounder he is also a beast defender and great shot blocker but the offense isnt there yet(outside a nice jumper from mid range and dunks and dirty man cleanups). But he is a freak of an athlete if he understands his role at the next level he can be a very special player like a Serge Ibaka. One concern is how he missed all of last year due to bad grades but I prefer good players I could care less about his grades for the nba level as long as he isnt a cancer in the locker room and I don't think he is. He seems to have a good attitude and seems to be a good teammate from watching his games(hard to judge just off film though lol)

    Also what I like about him is he is adding things to his game first time I saw him playing for team USA he has no jumper. Now he has a pretty decent jumper and can even shoot the 3 if he is left open. So to me that shows he is a some what hard worker. I like guys who add new stuff year after year that make them self better.

    He plays at 1pm today on espn3.
    would mitchell be available in the late teens (where we will most likely be picking)? he sounds pretty much like the perfect guy to put next to roy.

  27. #274
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    would mitchell be available in the late teens (where we will most likely be picking)? he sounds pretty much like the perfect guy to put next to roy.
    Yes he should be he goes to North Texas and still somewhat of a project. But who knows he may rise up the boards at the combine but I think he should be there right now I have him going mid 20s.


    here is a good read on his background http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ell/index.html

    Think about how good Mizzu would be adding him.

    Im just about to start watching his game today
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-28-2012 at 12:59 PM.

  28. #275
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 NBA draft prospects thread

    Mitchell's first 4 minutes so far

    2 blocks a steal 5pts with a 3pter

    He is guarded by a person bigger than him but Tony is dominating him. (his 7'2 wingspan lets him play bigger than he is)
    He had a chase down block like Prince did to Reggie.


    7pts 5rebs 3blks 1steal in 8mins.

    He has come so far in his face up game which is really good now. He has the quickest first step I have seen for a man his size in this draft he uses his quickness very well. His handle is very good for a PF he does tend to try to do to much on offense at times. He also can pass very well and can handle double teams better than most.


    He just took 2 dribbles from half court to dunk it. That is impressive athletically speaking.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-28-2012 at 01:38 PM.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. IKL 2010 DRAFT THREAD - Here we go!
    By Los Angeles in forum International Keeper League
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 05:11 PM
  2. The always classic: Bill Simmons Draft diary XIV
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 10:53 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 03:27 PM
  4. 06-01-04 Draft Update
    By kerosene in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 12:41 AM
  5. 05-28-04
    By kerosene in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2004, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •