Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: If we can't get Deron

  1. #1
    Plumlee Fan Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    153
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default If we can't get Deron

    Would any of you guys approve the Pacers taking a risk on Jeremy Lin? I know he is turnover prone, but he is solid at everything else (especially scoring) and he is young. I'm sure that he can approve his ball-handling over the offseason and I think he could be a really solid starter.

  2. #2
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Nope one hit wonder and probably have to pay more than he is really worth.

    Pass

  3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Lín is not going anywhere.

  5. #4

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    New York is going to overpay him and murder their cap.

  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Plumlee Fan Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    153
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    True, the Knicks probably will pay them upwards of the MLE to keep him just to get his endorsements. But hypothetically if we did offer him enough to make NY decline would you guys like him on the Pacers?

  8. #6
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,554

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    No.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  10. #7

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    I'd like him more than Collison and Hill at first but his turnovers would be detrimental and I would grow tired of him.

  11. #8
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,563

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Lin is RFA, so Knicks can match any offer. And as an undrafted player, he falls under the Arenas rule. Which means he can't get more than MLE anyway, and the Knicks will surely match at that price.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New York is going to overpay him and murder their cap.
    Isaiah is back? No. They are just that stupid? Yes.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  14. #10
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,547

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    I just can't stand players who don't play defense. They're always a liability, unless they're so talented on offense it doesn't matter. I put two players in the entire NBA in that category: Dirk and 'Melo. (note- I do not include Nash)

    Even Dirk and 'Melo have to be surrounded by big time defense though. They have to have just the right pieces or they can't compete. Defense is extremely important.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  15. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lin is RFA, so Knicks can match any offer. And as an undrafted player, he falls under the Arenas rule. Which means he can't get more than MLE anyway, and the Knicks will surely match at that price.
    Just in case nobody got to read this post.

  16. #12
    Plumlee Fan Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    153
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just can't stand players who don't play defense. They're always a liability, unless they're so talented on offense it doesn't matter. I put two players in the entire NBA in that category: Dirk and 'Melo. (note- I do not include Nash)

    Even Dirk and 'Melo have to be surrounded by big time defense though. They have to have just the right pieces or they can't compete. Defense is extremely important.
    Melo has also proven though that he is actually a capable defender (see team USA games) it just comes down to if he wants to play defense.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeremy For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,547

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Melo has also proven though that he is actually a capable defender (see team USA games) it just comes down to if he wants to play defense.
    Very true. Actually, the same can be said of Dirk as well.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  19. #14
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,914

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Lin is not the type of PG that we need.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,259

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    I think we should go all out for Deron and if that fails go for Nash.
    If we fail on both there isn't another free agent pg that I want us to pursue. I'd rather go after Kaman because I think he's the best remaining free agent and the mismatch having both he and Roy gives us at the 4/5 would help us win more games then bringing in yet another mediocre point guard. We could at least be stacked enough with big men to make a move for a top 10 pg through a trade.

  22. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lin is not the type of PG that we need.
    Yes he is but we don't have a chance to get him anyway, he would be a HUGE upgrade at the point for sure.

  23. #17
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,914

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes he is but we don't have a chance to get him anyway, he would be a HUGE upgrade at the point for sure.
    We've already got the turnovers covered.

  24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  25. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've already got the turnovers covered.
    He was pretty much a rookie I'm not worry about that, he is still a pretty good player, Westbrook is a turnover machine and I'm pretty sure you would love to have him here.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 05-26-2012 at 10:00 PM.

  26. #19
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was pretty much a rookie I'm not worry about that, he is still a pretty good player, Westbrook is a turnover machine and I'm pretty sure you would love to have him here.
    Lin isn't Westbook. It's not even close.

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  28. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was pretty much a rookie I'm not worry about that, he is still a pretty good player, Westbrook is a turnover machine and I'm pretty sure you would love to have him here.
    did you really just compare Lin to Westbrook??? They aren't even comparable one is a elite defender the other is really bad. One is the best athlete maybe ever to play the position the other is average to a little below average athletically. Westbrook is solid in every part of the game and yes he turns the ball over (every good pg does at a pretty high rate). But I dont see any comparison Westbrook is a star and Lin is really unproven but from what he showed last year doesn't seem to want to defend and has major holes on offense as well. TOs aside Lin isn't the answer but with the Arenas rule it is really irrelevant

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  30. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    did you really just compare Lin to Westbrook???
    Nope.

  31. #22
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope.
    Actually, you did.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  33. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, you did.
    Nope

  34. #24
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,554

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Uh yeah you did.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  36. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: If we can't get Deron

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uh yeah you did.
    Nope....

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 10:22 PM
  2. Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club
    By Swish in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 12:58 PM
  3. Nash out of All-Star game...Deron Williams in?
    By LG33 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 07:11 PM
  4. Bracey Wright and Deron Williams
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 12:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •