Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Geekboy inme hyperventilating..Avengers trailer!!

Default Re: Geekboy inme hyperventilating..Avengers trailer!!

Saw a couple episodes of the Green Lantern and did not like it at all.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terrible...just terrible...

Ultimate Spider-man isn't much better.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Just managed to check it out on Sunday - was a good flick but I still don't care about Widow, Hawkeye & Cap. America. These characters just don't do anything for me at all. Hulk was great - makes you realize just how awesome a solo Hulk movie could be if done by the right people. In terms of this movie - the plot line was as weak as a Transformers movie - so many plotholes and head scratching moments - the visuals and the actions scenes did a good enough job to cover it up but once the movie was over and you're looking back at what happened - you come to a realization that the script was really flawed.

It was, but it was still a fun movie. I thought this movie would suck all the way around. Glad it didn't.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    Just managed to check it out on Sunday - was a good flick but I still don't care about Widow, Hawkeye & Cap. America. These characters just don't do anything for me at all. Hulk was great - makes you realize just how awesome a solo Hulk movie could be if done by the right people. In terms of this movie - the plot line was as weak as a Transformers movie - so many plotholes and head scratching moments - the visuals and the actions scenes did a good enough job to cover it up but once the movie was over and you're looking back at what happened - you come to a realization that the script was really flawed.
    Yeah. When a film leaves gaping plot holes (e.g. Loki's plan for world domination) or has some terrible inconsistencies (Loki's powers), it makes the movie a lot tougher to watch. It says a lot about who well acted and directed Avengers was that it was still so enjoyable.

Mood

What was inconsistent about Loki's powers to you? The bit with Hulk? I thought that worked because he was caught off guard, and only Hulk could pull that off. Loki and Thor are about on par, power-wise. If Thor wasnt expecting it, the same thing could have theoretically happened to him. If anything, the bad writing in that case is that Loki is smart enough to know better than to let his guard down like that.

Mood

Also, what was the problem with Loki's plan? That it was inevitable that his providers would never honor the deal?

If so, I get that. Though to be fair, he's the god of mischief, so it could be that he was aware of that probability but didn't fully care.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Also, what was the problem with Loki's plan? That it was inevitable that his providers would never honor the deal?
    My problem (personal opinion alert) was that it never was clear or made any real sense. To me, it seemed like he wanted world domination because of his massive ego and need for attention and respect. It never made sense to me why the goobers gave him that staff in the first place, but that might be more due to my hasty viewing of Thor than any plot issues with this movie.

I do think there were plot holes, but the movie was extremely enjoyable nonetheless. If you had to lump me into a "DC or Marvel" group, I would probably be more of a DC guy (Batman rules all, and it's not close for me). But I saw all the movies leading up to this and thought it was about as well done as a movie on this scale could be. I have minor beefs with some of the characters (I don't give two ***** about Scarlett's character or the arrow shooting dude, and Captain America continues to baffle me), but the movie is everything you want in a summer blockbuster. Popcorn movie at it's finest.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    He wanted world domination - yet his plan couldn't even secure 3 blocks in Manhattan - if Black Widow's regular guns are able to take out these powerful monsters, then did we really need Avengers? Why not just bring out the army and shoot 'em down? It just all felt like over the top build up for something which did not deserve it - basically this "threat" could've been handled without Assembling the Avengers - the only one with powers was Loki - and even he didn't really put much of a fight (he seems to be more of a weakling who tries to be the evil mastermind - rather than a power badguy...don't know enough about his backstory from comics)

And what exactly was Loki's plan with the Hulk? I didn't really understand that - at first I thought he wanted to use the Hulk against the world - but then they never really tried to go down that path in terms of the script - so that wasn't so clear to me.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The editing room just came out with their abridged Avengers script. I read it on Cracked. Couple of great bits:

Suddenly, HEMSWORTH, EVANS and DOWNEY JR. look around and notice it's their first on-screen appearance together.

CHRIS HEMSWORTH
    Quick, someone think of a super contrived reason for us to fight!

ROBERT DOWNEY JR.
    I'll fight you because you want to fight your brother, who I also want to fight!

CHRIS EVANS
    And I'll fight you both because I want you to stop fighting!

They proceed to act out their STATS from THE AVENGERS COLLECTIBLE TRADING CARD GAME and establish they are all EXACTLY EQUAL IN POWER, somehow. Guy on steroids, genius in a robot suit, invincible deity: basically identical.

CHRIS EVANS
    Hang on a second, your hammer has decimated everything you've ever hit with it, you had no way of knowing my shield or Robert's armor would protect us. Did you just attempt to straight-up murder us? Don't change the scene, I want an answer to thi-

TOM HIDDLESTON
    Foolish mortals, I shall destroy all of your cars! Everyone get out of the way, I don't want you to get hurt when I explode all of your cars!
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 05-18-2012 at 03:14 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    He wanted world domination - yet his plan couldn't even secure 3 blocks in Manhattan - if Black Widow's regular guns are able to take out these powerful monsters, then did we really need Avengers? Why not just bring out the army and shoot 'em down? It just all felt like over the top build up for something which did not deserve it - basically this "threat" could've been handled without Assembling the Avengers - the only one with powers was Loki - and even he didn't really put much of a fight (he seems to be more of a weakling who tries to be the evil mastermind - rather than a power badguy...don't know enough about his backstory from comics)
    A couple of things. First of all, without the Avengers, the portal never closes and those things keep piling out (theoretically 'indefinitely') and while the soldier aliens could get taken down, it's a whole other story when you factor in the giant serpents. Those things would have seriously ****ed things up (Jarvis tells Iron Man that none of his weapons would penetrate its armor, so I doubt the military would have much luck with them without going nuclear or managing to get a missile in its mouth I guess), and even said soldiers would have those energy weapons that tend to vaporize a human being on contact (as they did for Hydra in WWII in Cap. America's movie). So it wouldn't have been that easy. And there could easily have been additional monsters/weapons yet to be deployed. And, again, Loki.

And what exactly was Loki's plan with the Hulk? I didn't really understand that - at first I thought he wanted to use the Hulk against the world - but then they never really tried to go down that path in terms of the script - so that wasn't so clear to me.
    He wanted the Hulk to do what he did end up doing: **** up the hellicarrier, kill/hurt people and/or the Avengers, and it more or less did that (didn't kill the heroes, obviously, but it certainly disrupted them all and sent some of them away). Basically to kill whomever he could if possible, cause damage, and ultimately it was just to buy time for the scientist to open the portal in NYC. Remember that's the key: He let himself get caught and then tried to get the Hulk to show up to stall.

Mood

Anyway, I saw this for a second time last night, and that helped clarify some things with me that were less so the first time around. Not having to be distracted by babies and a group of teens who laughed at EVERY. EFFING. THING. in the movie was a tremendous help, too.

God, those kids drove me nuts last week. Someone on screen says something funny, laugh as hard as possible. Someone says something kind of funny, laugh as hard as possible. Someone says something witty, laugh as hard as possible. Someone emotes, laugh as hard as possible. (Seriously, they even did this when Black Widows was just looking scared that Banner might Hulk out on her in India) Something cool happens, laugh as hard as possible. They were sitting right in front of me. It was awful.

So, yeah, not having that nonsense pulling me out of the movie made it much easier to stay involved.

I like the movie more now than I did the first time. From B+ to A- on my gradebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I try to balance things with the fact there are targeting this for young kids, but I have really liked the series a lot, as a whole. I like the space frontier aspect. Big space western motif feels right for me.for me. I haven't read the actual comic book for years (or any comic book), so I'm basing my opinion on just the series itself. At first, I was irritated how powerful the Red Lanterns are, but then, that makes sense. Rage is immediate, fierce and short term. In these little one on one skirmishes, it makes sense the Red would be so strong. I actually really enjoy the GL series. What don't you guys like about it? But I don't like it as much as...

Young Justice. Man, I REALLY like YJ. Although I'm liking that they made the jump in time and moved on past the training stuff (always boring), I hate they have put some much backstory that we've missed. NOne-the-less, can't wait for it every week.

On that same Tip, Avengers is number one. I freaking love Ms. Marvel, and I've never been a big fan of hers. One thing about Avengers is they are wasting time on stories that don't have much impact, far as I'm concerned. I didn't need the Ant-man/Iron Fist/Luke Cage story. It was nice seeing Beta Ray Bill, but it felt just felt rushed. I am a happy guy on Sundays laying one th couch hitting my trifecta of animated comic books.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Saw Avengers in 3D. I think I'm completely over 3D now. Movie great. 3D is meh.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    I try to balance things with the fact there are targeting this for young kids, but I have really liked the series a lot, as a whole. I like the space frontier aspect. Big space western motif feels right for me.for me. I haven't read the actual comic book for years (or any comic book), so I'm basing my opinion on just the series itself. At first, I was irritated how powerful the Red Lanterns are, but then, that makes sense. Rage is immediate, fierce and short term. In these little one on one skirmishes, it makes sense the Red would be so strong. I actually really enjoy the GL series. What don't you guys like about it? But I don't like it as much as...

Young Justice. Man, I REALLY like YJ. Although I'm liking that they made the jump in time and moved on past the training stuff (always boring), I hate they have put some much backstory that we've missed. NOne-the-less, can't wait for it every week.

On that same Tip, Avengers is number one. I freaking love Ms. Marvel, and I've never been a big fan of hers. One thing about Avengers is they are wasting time on stories that don't have much impact, far as I'm concerned. I didn't need the Ant-man/Iron Fist/Luke Cage story. It was nice seeing Beta Ray Bill, but it felt just felt rushed. I am a happy guy on Sundays laying one th couch hitting my trifecta of animated comic books.
    My thought on the ant-man episode is that I believe they are actually going to tackle the entire yellow jacket storyline which I will be very interested in seeing how they handle the domestic violence aspect of that.

To be honest with you I didn't care for the Beta Ray Bill episode. Don't get me wrong I would have been thrilled if this were part of a Thor animated series but since it is the Avengers I felt a little like "what does this have to do with the Avengers"?

I'm with you on young justice, I love that they have pretty much just gone the route of makeing this more along the lines of the JLA unlimited series & I really look forward to whenever they have Captain Marvel in an episode.

This really is almost a golden age for animated comics. The only time that would be close would be back when fox was doing spiderman and the X-Men.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo

I'm glad that I'm not the only adult that still watches the Cartoon Network from time to time.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/disney-ce...series-for-abc

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel
    “Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015. As part of that deal, Whedon will write and direct Marvel’s The Avengers 2 as well as help develop a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC. He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel’s cinematic universe.”
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Yup, now this is exciting news. All hail Joss Whedon.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.