Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Geekboy inme hyperventilating..Avengers trailer!!

Default Re: Geekboy inme hyperventilating..Avengers trailer!!

Yeah, after I get some work done tomorrow I plan to go to one of the evening showing in Muncie tomorrow night. I'm excited.

Man, what a summer for me. Avengers, Prometheus, The Dark Knight Rises, and I'm curious to see how good the Spider-Man reboot might be, too.

That last Spider-Man trailer was awesome.

I'm seeing IMAX 3D tonight. So excited, I love Joss. Firefly FTW.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Um, why isn't anyone talking about this. Holy CRAP.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I enjoyed it. I'm more of a Nolan's Batman kind of a guy when it comes to superhero movies, but this was a lot of fun. Hulk steals the show.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Any reservations I may have expressed earlier in this thread were not needed. This might be the best superhero movie yet. I don't know how they managed to weave all these characters together so well but they did. I don't think they really could have done a better job.

I am normally super-critical and hard to please when it comes to rehashing my favorite things from my childhood.

That said, to the makers of this film: BRAVO! Well done Sirs!

Obviously I was pre disposed to liking this film, but in all honesty I was concerned because I thought they were going to make the idiotic mistake of using a bunch of CGI unknown aliens as the main focus of the villains of the movie.

Well, they didn't. They made Loki, just like they did in the Thor film, kick @ss.

I could go on for days about how well they did making these characters have some form of depth and believe me when you have that many actors with this many characters it is almost impossible to do but they did it.

I'm not going to lie, when I saw the first scene during the credits showing who the aliens worked for I squeeled like a little girl embarrassing my wife in the process. But to know that they are going to go there just makes me regret that we won't be able to see the sequel next month.

As a life long Avengers fan I can honestly say they have captured the spirit of the book and very much captured the characters and their interaction with each other. By the end Cap was even the field leader.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mental note: Need to fix spoiler code.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously I was pre disposed to liking this film, but in all honesty I was concerned because I thought they were going to make the idiotic mistake of using a bunch of CGI unknown aliens as the main focus of the villains of the movie.

Well, they didn't. They made Loki, just like they did in the Thor film, kick @ss.

I could go on for days about how well they did making these characters have some form of depth and believe me when you have that many actors with this many characters it is almost impossible to do but they did it.

I'm not going to lie, when I saw the first scene during the credits showing who the aliens worked for I squeeled like a little girl embarrassing my wife in the process. But to know that they are going to go there just makes me regret that we won't be able to see the sequel next month.

As a life long Avengers fan I can honestly say they have captured the spirit of the book and very much captured the characters and their interaction with each other. By the end Cap was even the field leader.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that Joss was the one who directed this movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

You can see the spoiler comments if you quote the post. But that's the only way right now.

I found a new spoiler mod. I like the look of this one better.

Should I leave the button saying Spoil, or should it say Show, or should it say Show Spoilers, or something else to that effect?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    It was The clip at the very end of the credits.

I only stayed for the scene early into the end credits. There was another scene? What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I only stayed for the scene early into the end credits. There was another scene? What happened?
    Spoiler Spoiler:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Despite all these concerns (Actually, this was pretty fun.), a very good time at the movies.

Hicks, I assume this will be taken down immediately.

P.S. Do not believe anything that the 'Auto Save' pop-up says.
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 05-06-2012 at 05:00 AM. Reason: ScarJokes.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Holy ****!!!

The superhero smorgasbord featuring Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and The Hulk brought in $200.3 million its opening weekend in 4,300 U.S. theaters, smashing the previous domestic record for any movie's first three days, Walt Disney Studios said Sunday in a news release...Its ultimate domestic haul is well ahead of the $168 million "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" conjured up in its opening weekend domestically in July...Add international ticket sales since opening April 25 -- including openings in Russia, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Malaysia, New Zealand and the Philippines -- and " The Avengers" has already amassed $641.8 million in its first 12 days.
    It may have a shot at Avatar.

I certainly helped out, watched it twice this weekend...

Me too.

This is one of those very rare films where I walked out after the second time ready to walk right back in and watch it a third time.

Also I know that I am really really going to show my nerdiness here but the Avengers Animated Series is every bit as good and today's episode they dealt with Korvac. Between the upcoming villain in the next Avengers movie and the Animated series doing Korvac I am literally in Heaven here. Hell throw in a Pacers playoff run and right now there are a lot of great things happening out there.

BTW, just because I am an Avengers fan don't think I was going to automatically like the film. In all honesty I think that makes me a tougher critic because IMO they had a lot to live up to , but they have far exceeded my expectations with this film. The only character I wasn't thrilled with was Hawkeye but I can live with the flaws that they had in him.

Second viewing also made me appreciate Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner even more, to me he is by far the best Banner that they have had.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Second viewing also made me appreciate Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner even more, to me he is by far the best Banner that they have had.

Absolutely agree. I wouldn't mind if they continued to make another Hulk movie with Ruffalo as the lead. I think he would be excellent.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Loved, loved, loved it. Wish DC would pull their heads out of their butts and create some good standalones (other than the Dark Knight trilogy and what could be a very good upcoming Man of Steel) and then follow with a good and respectable Justice League, but I doubt it...

I was whelmed. Not underwhelmed. Not overwhelmed.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Also, I saw it in IMAX and still don't get the big deal. I thought the Prometheus trailer was the only thing that stuck out visually for me. Maybe it's because I wear glasses but I just don't think IMAX/3D is worth it.
    Last edited by rexnom; 05-07-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

I'm trying to figure out when I can see it again. Once it got going, I was freaking the F out. Cap taking charge in the field was absolutely perfect. Hawkeye acting as tactician, second in command during the battle was excellent. The Widow? She had the biggest heart in the whole film, far as I'm concerned. She's going to spend the rest of her life doing penance for how she used to be. I even loved the end, where they were leaving in their cars, etc. Did you notice you was pared with whom? Makes total sense Stark and Banner would be together. I actually haven't posted anything cause I feel like I could go on and on. My wife couldn't understand why Widow and Hawk were Avengers. I told her it's because they're like Batman, the best at what they do, to the point of being superhuman. Like Peck, I wish they could have brought that out more with Hawk. It would have been nice to bring his rogue, smart *** attitude from the comics, but I guess that would steal Stark's thunder.
    I like Ruffalo, but was a little worried how he'd come across. Man, he was perfect. I think I heard he signed a six picture deal to play the Hulk.I will say I found the begginging a little slow, but the second half more than made up for it. This movie made me a very, very, happy geek. I gotta go. I'm getting all worked up again.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Easily the best comic book movie I have ever seen, and it's honestly not even close. The way Whedon captures a character's entire personality with one line and a smile gave me nerd goosebumps.

Spoiler Spoiler:

32. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    We are in complete agreement there, easly the least satisfying part of the move. But not enough for me not to want to go see it a 3rd and 4th time.