Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Geekboy inme hyperventilating..Avengers trailer!!

Default Re: Geekboy inme hyperventilating..Avengers trailer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's Joss Whedon. Coming from him, it's probably a good thing; he knows the importance of story and character, and his productions usually are at least moderately intelligent.
    I'd say more than moderately. I think the guy is a very clever writer and I like that he skews towards making things dark. I think that will serve this movie. I hope he DOES emulate Transformers, because it's weak link is his forte like you said, characterization. With him professing to be a feminist and seeing how he deals with female characters, I'm really curious on his spin on the Black Widow.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

I'd much rather this movie emulate the Iron Man films then the Transformers ones. I may have been a little overly critical for such a short trailer. I just don't want to see any more summer blockbuster, end-of-the-world scenes of cities and landmarks being destroyed. Thats kinda the impression I got from the beginning of the trailer. The rest of the trailer looked pretty decent though.

I think you have to make it "end of the world, life will end as we know it kinda stuff. This is the Avengers, the world's last, best hope. You have to make the scale big...huge, even. Iron man, at it's heart, is a film about personal redemption. In a way, so was Batman Begins. For a super-team, I think you have to amp it up a notch and as long as the destruction isn't gratuitous, I think it will work. I don't have the least problem with the summer blockbuster...as long as the writers/director pay attention to the people and not get lost in the scenery.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    I think you have to make it "end of the world, life will end as we know it kinda stuff. This is the Avengers, the world's last, best hope. You have to make the scale big...huge, even. Iron man, at it's heart, is a film about personal redemption. In a way, so was Batman Begins. For a super-team, I think you have to amp it up a notch and as long as the destruction isn't gratuitous, I think it will work. I don't have the least problem with the summer blockbuster...as long as the writers/director pay attention to the people and not get lost in the scenery.
    Inside the zombie DC life form beats the heart of a Marvelite waiting to be set free.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"i just wanna blow stuff up." Michael Bay

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Ok I didnt want to turn this into Transformers debate. Ill just say this, I'm highly skeptical of this film. I LOVED the Avenger growing up, but I just cant see it translating to the big screen really well. This isn't like Iron Man or Batman with one lead, this isn't even X-men where all the characters share similar backgrounds and motivations. The Avengers are all completely different characters, from different backgrounds, and with completely different themes to their own respective comics. Throwing them all on screen together and getting the dynamics between them right is going to be extremely difficult. This is not an easy film to make, but all the more kudos to them if they actually pull it off.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.ThunderMakeR For This Useful Post:

Anybody else a little frustrated Hawkeye is in this and the Pyms are not?

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Anybody else a little frustrated Hawkeye is in this and the Pyms are not?
    Yes, although I do love Hawkeye.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Yes, although I do love Hawkeye.
    Yeah, me too. But why won't they give him a costume? He just looks like the redneck guy from the Walking Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Yeah, me too. But why won't they give him a costume? He just looks like the redneck guy from the Walking Dead.

You know now that you mention it.

Inside the zombie DC life form beats the heart of a Marvelite waiting to be set free.

So I don't start another thread, here's the new trailer for the upcoming season 2 of the animated series. Starts out kinda blah, but check out the list of characters and bad guys for the upcoming season! (Red Hulk? wow.)

Thought I'd share for those with interest.

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (Season 2... by IrOnMaNSM

And for the true comic book geeks, here's a 7 minute preview of what's in store for the new season of animated avengers. (The guy with the lisp is a little distracting.)

AEMH - New Looks, New Heroes by redruger

Oh God when does season 2 start????

Season 1 was great and I believe season 2 will no officially catapult this animated series as the best cartoon adaptation of a comic book to the best of all time. Yes even over the 90's Spiderman, X-Men & Batman the animated series.

The cartoon was actually significantly better than the actual book last year.

I'll stick with 90's X-Men and 90's Batman. 90's Spider-man was okay, but not in their league.

I've watched 2-3 Avengers episodes, and it's good, but it didn't strike me as being excellent. JMO.

I'll stick with 90's X-Men and 90's Batman. 90's Spider-man was okay, but not in their league.

I've watched 2-3 Avengers episodes, and it's good, but it didn't strike me as being excellent. JMO.
    Which ones did you watch?

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Give me 90s batman and supes animated any day...
    Last edited by Stryder; 10-25-2011 at 05:05 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Stryder For This Useful Post:

In fairness I will also have to say that I did forget to include Justice League Unlimited in the pantheon of great animated comic adaptations.

I just happen to think the Avengers is the best, however that would be like a Pacer fan trying to claim that Reggie Miller was one of the best. In other words, yes I'm a huge Avengers fan.

I really like almost all of the adaptations since the late 90's other than for whatever reason they just can not do a good Fantastic Four (this includes movies) and I'm not a fan of the teen titans one either.

Young Justice isn't bad either btw.

I am not thrilled though that they are changing caps outfit.

Which ones did you watch?
    I saw one where they help Blank Panther solve a problem in his homeland, I saw one that I don't recall as well involving the bad guy voiced by Lance Henrickson and where Iron Man tries to reason with some kind of energy monster guy before he consumed himself or burned himself up or something, and I saw the season finale, which I recall liking the most.

I saw one where they help Blank Panther solve a problem in his homeland, I saw one that I don't recall as well involving the bad guy voiced by Lance Henrickson and where Iron Man tries to reason with some kind of energy monster guy before he consumed himself or burned himself up or something, and I saw the season finale, which I recall liking the most.
    It's sad they did not make it more clear that this was Wonder Man from the Comic Books.

Like I said I freely admit that I may want to like this more than I probably should, although they have done nothing to let me down at all. I guess if I have one complaint it is that on occasion they have the wasp be a little more anime than I would prefer and on occasion the manga slips out on some of the villains but overall I have no complaints.

I recently went back and watched every single episode of both the x-men & spiderman on netflix. I loved them both. However I think in re-watching them I came to appreciate spiderman a little more. Simply because as I watched them in order I realized that they sometimes had story line arcs that lasted entire seasons (which is just unheard of for a saturday morning cartoon show that I know of) I mean sins of the father lasted an entire season.

But don't get me wrong X-men were great as well.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

for me it was always 90's Spider-Man on top followed by X-men and a close 3rd of Batman. But we were really blessed to have such high quality shows in our generation.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The recent Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon was excellent. In fact, I'd argue it was slightly better than the 90's toon, and I loved the 90's toon.

The Green Lantern movie was a big flop in my book. Iwasn't even sure why I bothered, but I checked out the 2 episode sneak preview of Green Latern: The Animated Series last night. Guess who's in charge of the production? Bruce Timm. Yup, the same Bruce Timm who oversaw Batman:TAS. I gotta say, I had really low expectations for this, but was VERY pleasantly surprised. Then I read an interview with the creators and I think this might be VERY good. If you can find a torrent for it, or video, I suggest you fans of animated heroes check it out. Comes out in 2012 and they've got me hooked.

Last edited by Skaut_Ech; 11-12-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just saw this yesterday... and it is fantastic. Maybe I'm a prisoner of the moment right now, but I think it's at least as good as The Dark Knight. A different movie for sure, but it's the best Marvel Studios movie (in my opinion) and each character is very well-represented. I'll be honest, I don't know the characters that well outside of very basic origin stories and what I've seen in the comics, but this movie delivers on its hype on every level. I can't wait to check it out in IMAX this weekend.

And to echo the advice I gave my brother earlier... PLEASE watch the five lead-in movies before The Avengers for the full effect!

Thanks a lot, spreedom. Now I'm going to geek out even harder than I have been. My wife has graciously agreed to see it with me tomorrow in IMAX/3D. (She's excited to see Chris Hemsworth in 3D on a huge screen. ) I've been trying to not spaz, but this is the most I've been excited about a superhero movie since the first Burton Batman movie. I feel like running around all day screaming, "I'm seeing the Avengers tomorrow!! I'm seeing teh Avengers tomorrow!"