Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs @ Colts Game/Post-Game

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chiefs @ Colts Game/Post-Game

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you're going to fire Caldwell and Co you need to fire that shitbag Polian and his spawn too.

Firing Caldwell won't solve the problem getting rid of Polian along with him would help.

I guess for me the Colts right now are worse than the Pacers. I never had nearly as high expectations and there's the Manning factor.

Its a shame that he's won one ring and it could've been so much more and they didn't even care to put the effort to actually want to be the best.
    It is just silly to me that Pacers fans who are also Colts fans are complaining the Colts have only one championship, while the Pacers somehow get a pass for never getting one when they had the chance and choking away many opportunities.

Also, let me set myself straight. Fire Caldwell, Polian, Polian JR., Coyer and the rest......NOW.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sorry, I forgot the Colts could do no wrong. Please return to our regularly scheduled 0-5 start and ignore any criticisms.

EDIT: Here's my point, our front office didn't DO **** to win that super bowl. They got Peyton Manning and all they got out of it was one super bowl. That's embarrassing. Could you imagine what Belicheck and the Pats front office would have done with Peyton? Well you don't really have to imagine you can see it based on what they did with Brady.

Pacers front office never even had a guy who could begin to sniff Peyton's jock in terms of 1:1 talent, at any point in time, and produced almost as much success. Those Pacers teams of the 90s were actually well assembled team. Was this Colts team well assembled? Maybe, maybe for one year when it all fell together perfectly for four games and we won a super bowl. Other than that we took our granite corner stone and then decided to build the rest of the house out of stick and bird poo.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 10-10-2011 at 01:16 AM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Either way, I'm just ranting. Please fire ****ing Polian and Caldwell. I honestly cannot stand Caldwell. He has no credentials to back up why he has this job. What a lucky son of a ***** that Dungy basically made us hire him.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    The Pacers front office took a chance on Ron Artest. Just as the Colt sfront office took a chance on Bob Sanders. Yes, one panned out and the other didn't, but if Bob wasn't healthy for those 4 playoff games we wouldn't have had that championship to look back on. That's a pretty big roll of the dice.
    The Pacers took a chance on someone who was mentally insane, while the Colts took a chance on someone who was injury-prone but ended up working out for a little bit.

Sorry, I forgot the Colts could do no wrong. Please return to our regularly scheduled 0-5 start and ignore any criticisms.

EDIT: Here's my point, our front office didn't DO **** to win that super bowl. They got Peyton Manning and all they got out of it was one super bowl. That's embarrassing. Could you imagine what Belicheck and the Pats front office would have done with Peyton? Well you don't really have to imagine you can see it based on what they did with Brady.

Pacers front office never even had a guy who could begin to sniff Peyton's jock in terms of 1:1 talent, at any point in time, and produced almost as much success. Those Pacers teams of the 90s were actually well assembled team. Was this Colts team well assembled? Maybe, maybe for one year when it all fell together perfectly for four games and we won a super bowl. Other than that we took our granite corner stone and then decided to build the rest of the house out of stick and bird poo.
    Never said the Colts could do no wrong, I just think it is funny that Pacers fans complain that the Colts only have one Super Bowl under their belt, while the Pacers have no titles. The Colts had teams that were well-assembled, they just ended up choking. 2005 ring a bell?

Either way, I'm just ranting. Please fire ****ing Polian and Caldwell. I honestly cannot stand Caldwell. He has no credentials to back up why he has this job. What a lucky son of a ***** that Dungy basically made us hire him.
    Yeah we both are just ranting, no offense taken here, I hate this ****. I hope I wake up to hear Caldwell is fired.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It is embarrassing how much this team is a one man show. They better pray for Luck or the years after Manning will be a disaster just like it has been after Elway and Marino. As Trader said we had a granite corner stone that was magnificent and then we decided to build the rest of the house with sticks and bird poo.

The fact we have a Super Bowl win and have been so successful since Manning has been here is a testament to Manning not the front office. It really shows how great Manning really is.

Polian did not build a team around Manning. He gave him some shiny toys that only he is good at playing with. JA and Wayne are the only ones who have consistently come to play week in and week out.

Dallas has been a complete joke this year. He is supposed to be a top 5 TE in this league and he has done nothing but drop balls. Yesterday was just inexcusable from a top tier TE. I get we are asking him to block more, but he is still a freaking TE. He should not wear down enough that he is invisible in the passing game. He is showing that he is just another person who got rich off of Manning. We should have put Tamme in there after Clark's third drop.

Polian did an amazing job at building our secondary. We cut Hayden because he was overpaid, cut Tryon because he was frustrated for not starting, gave Lacey the starting spot, released Bob, gave that starting spot to perennial backup, and filled out the rest with rookies and UDFA. Again this just goes back to BP's reliance on Manning and he just figured that Manning would get us those leads and let Mathis and Freeney go to work which would make our crappy secondary look better then what they are.

Polian and Irsay has made Caldwell look like a puppet as well. First Irsay is tweeting about signing Collins and Caldwell had no clue. Then Polian is telling fans that there is no doubt that Painter will start, but Caldwell when asked is saying no decision has been made.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Yeah, Dallas has to be suffering the most from this. Guy has looked completely different without Peyton.

EDIT: Here's my point, our front office didn't DO **** to win that super bowl. They got Peyton Manning and all they got out of it was one super bowl. That's embarrassing.
    Wait a minute.

Didn't you just make a post talking about how the Colts rolled the dice with Bob and it worked out for them.

Which is it. Did they not do **** or did they take a chance on Bob? You can't have it both ways.

EDIT: This is why I think you're guy's complaints are weird. In one breath you say they haven't done anything, and then you're met with the usual evidence that they actually did do something. Like sign Booger. Or Corey Simon. Or take the chance with Bob. I can continue the list, but I think my point is made.

There's a difference in disagreeing with the moves they actually did make, and saying they didn't make any moves.

If you're going to complain, atleast complain about the correct things and don't make stuff up.

I hate the Cover 2 as much as anyone here, but let's not pretend like the FO just sits on each other's thumbs.

I just want to know if the Cover 2 is coming from the coaching staff or the FO. If it coming from the FO, then they need to move along. But if they want to start changing up the defensive identity of the team, then get to work.
    Last edited by Since86; 10-10-2011 at 09:55 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Here's what is really bad about the current situation and all the warts being exposed. This should've been the year they pulled out all the stops to shore this team up and make sure they had the best chance possible to make the SB with the SB in Indy. You can argue the loss of Manning derailed the offense and the SB dreams but the defense shouldn't be a sieve. We shouldn't be complaining about the defense this season. We should be moaning about what a shame it is not to have a Manning led offense with this SB caliber defense that was finally put together.

And for all the talk that the defense is built to play with a lead... well, they had a lead yesterday. ...Looked like the same old bad defense to me that makes no lead safe.

The system is broke and has been broke for some time.... and still we trudge forward with it. It's time for a housecleaning of everyone who is not onboard with a complete overhaul of this system.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    The system is broke and has been broke for some time.... and still we trudge forward with it. It's time for a housecleaning of everyone who is not onboard with a complete overhaul of this system.
    Although I agree in part to what your are saying I find it pointless to fantasy about Bill Polain being fired or anyone else. At best Caldwell is the only one I think Irsay would fire right now.

My prediction is that Bill will step in and remove a couple of coaches from the staff and sell that as a fix to the system. I seriously doubt Caldwell would be among the group but anything could happen.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-10-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Manning has definitely been carrying the team the last few seasons, but I think it's a pretty big stretch to say that our FO didn't do ***** to win the Super Bowl 5 years ago. That team was pretty damn talented. Harrison and Wayne were 2 Pro Bowl caliber receivers (though Polian didn't draft Harrison) and Clark was in his stride. The O-Line back then was great (still had Glenn), which led to a solid running game with the Rhodes/Addai combo. Freeny and Mathis were in their prime and we took that chance on Booger. And then Sanders of course helped us mightily in the postseason. There was plenty of talent on that 06 team and the front office deserves credit for that.

And to be fair, we did get to the Super Bowl 2 years ago. The front office put a good enough team out there around Manning to enable us to go 14-0 and reach the Super Bowl. Granted, Manning pulled a lot of wins out of his *** that year, but that team still had some legit talent on it and the front office put a good enough team out there to have a tremendous record and win the AFC. Once you get to the Super Bowl, it's all on the players. Polian didn't screw up the onside kick, Hank Bakset did. Polian didn't drop that key first down ball, Garcon did. The pick 6 to Tracy Porter wasn't on Polian, it's on Manning/Wayne (if you watch the replay, Collie is WIDE OPEN for a first down).

First and foremost, it's the players fault that we don't have a second Super Bowl ring. We could have won that game against New Orleans if we executed better. The front office put us in a good enough position to win that game and it's all on the players at that point.

I definitely have my concerns over recent drafting (though 2011 could pan out well) and the defensive philosophy at times, but I'm not going to act like the front office is completely worthless. They have brought a lot of talent here and we almost had 2 Super Bowls. It's fair to say that we've underachieved by just winning one, but the players bear a huge brunt of that responsibility.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    It is just silly to me that Pacers fans who are also Colts fans are complaining the Colts have only one championship, while the Pacers somehow get a pass for never getting one when they had the chance and choking away many opportunities.

Also, let me set myself straight. Fire Caldwell, Polian, Polian JR., Coyer and the rest......NOW.

I'll explain it in a way even you can understand:

Reggie Miller as great as he was for the Pacers was never on Jordan's level(and I loathed Jordan BTW) I never saw him as the savior for the Pacers a great player helped make us relevant but I never thought he could ever lead us to a title even when we were close and while I was disappointed in the Pacers not winning it all I never really had high expectations for them either. But at least the Pacers did what they could to try and improve and be better despite falling short.

The Bulls were always better and had a more complete team with a more complete player(Jordan)

Then you have the Colts with Peyton Manning one of the greatest QB's in NFL history a true game changer/franchise savior if I ever saw one. He helped get the Colts surpass a basketball team in Indiana of all places as a premier franchise. He helped make Indy a viable sports town in a way the Pacers never could. A bonafide superstar.

Yet the Colts who have this great QB to me never got the premier coach(sure there's Dungy but even I found him overrated with how incredibly conservative he was I can see why the Bucs fired him) that goes with ever great QB or the top notch defense and special teams.

Instead they built around one player which was great in the regular season but in the postseason 1 and done all the time.

They were too conservative, too stubborn, and too blind to realize how they wasted the career of one of the greatest QB's in NFL history when he'll end up with only 1 SB when he should be in the same breath as Joe Montana guys who won multiple SB's.

In the end he'll be blamed for not winning enough and its really not the case. So yes I find that unacceptable.

Instead they built around one player which was great in the regular season but in the postseason 1 and done all the time.
    Can we stop with the over-the-top extremism?

Built around one player? Do you remember Bob Sanders? I know he barely played, but geesh, when he did play he was won DPOY. I guess that's not good enough to be considered a superstar, or atleat not good enough to be considered a building block.

Freeney? Nope, not good enough.
    Mathis? Nope, not good enough.
    Reggie Wayne? Nope.
    Marvin Harrison? Nope.
    Edge? Hell naw!

Man, imagine how good the Colts would have been had they been able to find just one other player to build around. Just one!!!

If they would have gotten just that one other player, they might have made it to three SuperBowls.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Can anyone honestly tell me what qualified Jim Caldwell to be the head coach of a NFL team?

Can anyone honestly tell me what qualified Jim Caldwell to be the head coach of a NFL team?

He's black and a friend of Dungy's who is easy to control...

Apparently that's all the Colts cared about.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Can we stop with the over-the-top extremism?

Built around one player? Do you remember Bob Sanders? I know he barely played, but geesh, when he did play he was won DPOY. I guess that's not good enough to be considered a superstar, or atleat not good enough to be considered a building block.

Freeney? Nope, not good enough.
    Mathis? Nope, not good enough.
    Reggie Wayne? Nope.
    Marvin Harrison? Nope.
    Edge? Hell naw!

Man, imagine how good the Colts would have been had they been able to find just one other player to build around. Just one!!!

If they would have gotten just that one other player, they might have made it to three SuperBowls.

Bob Sanders? The same guy who barely can make it an entire season. Except for this year Manning was the iron man and the one constant of this team for the past 13 years. Yes he was great but like I said barely saw the field.

However unlike Manning we were able to win games without Bob because this team could adjust without him. We've also won games without all those other guys you mentioned since Manning was drafted as great as they were they don't have the pulse of this team like Peyton does.

And that's my point this team made the monumental mistake of building around Manning they lived and died with him and now this is the team we're left with.

You never build around one player as great as he is.

If this team was a real SB contender they would've at least won 1 game by now (and a good coach to boot)

The Packers are showing how its done but the Colts will never get a clue at this point.

He's black and a friend of Dungy's who is easy to control...

Apparently that's all the Colts cared about.
    Not so sure that has a great deal to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    As sad and wrong as it is, I think it's on the money.

Is there a reverse Rooney rule in the NFL ?? If so, the Colts broke it. If not, well - why not ??

For the Colts brass? No

For Dungy's appointment as successor? Yes he even said as much. He'd like to give another black coach an opportunity.

Me? I don't care what race he is he should be competent and I don't see that in Caldwell at all.

And the Colts should've never let him make that decision. You think Manning will have a say in who replaces him? Nope

I think it was more of a continuity thing. Dungy hand picked him, he was familiar with an organization that needed no changing, and he was cheap. Being black just saved the Colts for interviewing a candidate with zero shot to get the job.

Had Dungy really earned the right to hand pick his replacement? I feel like you should win more than one super bowl if you want that honor

Had Dungy really earned the right to hand pick his replacement? I feel like you should win more than one super bowl if you want that honor
    I don't think Dungy pushed it down their throats or anything. He had a great relationship with management, ownership, the fans, the community, etc. If he made a recommendation, it was going to get heavy consideration. I think, to management, promoting Caldwell was a no brainer all the way around.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

RWB

I don't think Dungy pushed it down their throats or anything. He had a great relationship with management, ownership, the fans, the community, etc. If he made a recommendation, it was going to get heavy consideration. I think, to management, promoting Caldwell was a no brainer all the way around.
    It was easy for all. Irsay is just clueless and Polian would have a man he could control completely plus everything you just said.
    Last edited by speakout4; 10-10-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Mood

I feel bad for our defense throughout this game. They are already decimated by injuries and our defense spent a heck of a long time on the field. I was impressed with Painter but we need to stop playing that vanilla Tampa 2. Don't get me wrong, I like the Tampa 2 but we need people that can make the tackle and our DT positions need to be more of a run stopping force. We may have lost the game but I was impressed and continue to be impressed with Angerer and his nose for the ball. He is a tackling machine. He plays like how I had wished Coryatt would have played in the 90's.

They were too conservative, too stubborn, and too blind to realize how they wasted the career of one of the greatest QB's in NFL history when he'll end up with only 1 SB when he should be in the same breath as Joe Montana guys who won multiple SB's.

There are certainly some legit gripes about the front office, whether it be the questionable drafting in recent years, the overall defensive philosophy, or spending 4 million to sign a washed up 38 year old QB when there was already a better QB on the roster in Painter. But let's not act like the Colts front office drafted Manning in 1998 and then decided to not even try for the next 13 years. They have brought in plenty of talent and did some very good things.

Manning bears a decent amount of the blame for not having more than one ring. Look, I love the guy and he's my favorite athlete ever. I'll shed a tear when he has to hang it up for good. But he threw a pick six in a Super Bowl and was outplayed by Drew Brees. It pains me to say that, but it is what it is. He's the one who threw that ball into super tight coverage when Collie was wide open for a first down. You can't blame the front office for that. We were in a position to win a second Super Bowl and it was on our players to execute better than New Orleans. They didn't. From the Garcon drop to the botched onside kick recovery to the pick six....our players just didn't get it done. Of all the reasons for us not having that second ring, the players not getting the job done in that game is numero uno in importance
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-11-2011 at 12:41 AM.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: