Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Luck Thread

Default Re: Andrew Luck Thread

Colts don't even deserve Andrew Luck nor are they bad enough to get him. They've made efforts.

The Dolphins are clearly tanking.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Colts don't even deserve Andrew Luck nor are they bad enough to get him. They've made efforts.

The Dolphins are clearly tanking.
    We're 0-5, just got outscored 21-0 to finish the game against the lowly Chiefs, and that team we lost to last week, Tampa Bay, is currently in the process of getting thrashed by the 49ers, 48-3. I'd say we're plenty bad enough to make it happen.

Also, I'm not sure how you determine whether or not a team "deserves" a player. Could you expand on that, please?

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    Also, I'm not sure how you determine whether or not a team "deserves" a player. Could you expand on that, please?
    Nobody deserves the #1 pick, so to speak, but I guarantee you this is the year that people will be calling for Goodell to institute some kind of lottery or change where the worst team doesn't automatically the the 1st pick.

Won't happen again for awhile, but it will happen this year as a knee jerk reaction because this is the one year with a franchise changing player.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The biggest LOLz are gonna come if Luck shows up and immediately turns into Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    The biggest LOLz are gonna come if Luck shows up and immediately turns into Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch.
    Leaf was a douche on a bad Chargers team and Couch played for the Browns when they were a high school JV squad. Luck coming in to learn from Manning is a lot more favorable position.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    If we happen to land the #1, we need to trade for a ransom. This team has sooooooooo many needs right now. You don't pick Luck and have him sit through his entire rookie contact while Manning plays.

Hopefully there are some major changes this offseason, especially changing the defensive scheme. The Tampa-2 just doesn't work like it used too, and we've never had the right personell to see it succeed (see lack of good DTs).
    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This is asinine.

It's far from from a sure thing Manning ever plays again. If he does, it's even more unlikely he finishes his contract. He'll be 36 years old coming off of 3 neck surgeries.

Andrew Luck is the best quarterback prospect since Peyton was in the draft. You do not pass that up.

If you take Luck, you can use every draft pick you have for the next decade on the other needs.
    Im completely torn on the situation as I can see the silver lining in both arguments.
    Last edited by LA_Confidential; 10-10-2011 at 06:36 AM.

The bottom line is that Polian will probably find a way to **** it up.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    The bottom line is that Polian will probably find a way to **** it up.
    In this we can all agree.

I'm sure Iowa has a really interesting white TE that Polian has a chubby for.

Or some RB that he can turn into the next pass rush DE stud.

Certainly one of those is at the top of the board.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

I was leaning more towards a middle linebacker he could turn into a defensive tackle. It's all about speed!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    In this we can all agree.

I'm sure Iowa has a really interesting white TE that Polian has a chubby for.

Or some RB that he can turn into the next pass rush DE stud.

Certainly one of those is at the top of the board.
    You guys are over the top but certainly Polain hasn't inspired much confidence in the last couple of years.

With Chirs Polain drafting and Wayne being on a contract year I think we go WR all the way. If by chance we get the first overall it would have to be Luck. Doubt we lose more than Miami but I would be thrilled to get Luck even if it meant the end of an era.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

We're in it to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    We're in it to win it.

We just need the Fins to beat the Jets tomorrow

That Garcon fumble was clutch. I thought he was going to blow this victorious loss, but he came through when it counted and we won the loss.

NFL QB of the future

Nobody is wearing #12 on the Colts now - are they ??

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_Luck View Post
    Nobody is wearing #12 on the Colts now - are they ??
    Sorgi did but he's gone now.

The Colts are at least trying and they're keeping games close.

They'll squeak a few W's out. At least one against the Jaguars and the game against the Panthers. Maybe another division win.

The Dolphins' division is way more difficult to win in than the Colts'. Not only that, the Dolphins schedule isn't/hasn't exactly been a breeze. The Colts schedule isn't either, but there's a few games you could see the team winning.

Matt Moore is worse than Curtis Painter and Moore's is in the exact same situation with Miami as he was with Carolina last year. The 2010 Panthers are just like the 2011 Dolphins.

So I feel like the Colts won't be bad enough to be the worst team out of everyone.

They shouldn't hang their heads low if they don't get the first pick in the draft. This is a good draft class and they have quite the variety to choose from.

'. Not only that, the Dolphins schedule isn't/hasn't exactly been a breeze. The Colts schedule isn't either, but there's a few games you could see the team winning.

Uhhh after a team lost to the Browns, Chiefs, and Bengals (two of these losses at home) how can you think they are capable of beating anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Uhhh after a team lost to the Browns, Chiefs, and Bengals (two of these losses at home) how can you think they are capable of beating anyone?
    Because it is incredibly difficult to go 0-16. One team has done it. I don't think we are that bad, I really don't. We haven't been blown out by anyone since Week 1 and we are in most of these games. Besides, the Chiefs were a playoff team last year and really aren't that bad. The Browns are wildly mediocre, so that loss was pretty pathetic. The Bengals might actually be decent. Dalton is much better than I (or most anyone else) expected, and AJ Green is an absolute monster. It wouldn't shock me to see them win 7-9 games this year.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Uhhh where did I say they are capable of being ANYONE?

Are you not paying attention this year or something because the Bengals aren't exactly a bad team. Kind of above the .500 mark.

I can't believe I'm arguing FOR the Colts against a Colts fan too.

Colts fans just want Andrew Luck so they're willing to say their team is 0-16 worthy.

3-13 for the Colts and 2-14 for the Dolphins.
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 10-17-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Uhhh where did I say they are capable of being ANYONE?

Are you not paying attention this year or something because the Bengals aren't exactly a bad team. Kind of above the .500 mark.

I can't believe I'm arguing FOR the Colts against a Colts fan too.

Colts fans just want Andrew Luck so they're willing to say their team is 0-16 worthy.

3-13 for the Colts and 2-14 for the Dolphins.
    I don't really give a **** about Luck. Will Luck make our defense, offensive line, and special teams better? I don't think the Colts will go 0-16, but I see 2-14 as the absolute best case scenario. They might beat Jacksonville at home and they will probably beat Carolina the next game coming off the bye. Painter and the passing game really aren't that bad, but we have the biggest piece of **** defense and one of the most anemic running games I have ever seen in the NFL.

All that aside, you seem to be vehemently against the Colts getting Luck, like it is some sort of affront to your morality. They might actually be that bad regardless of anyone's indignation stemming from the fact that we have had Manning for 15 years. Personally, I'd rather grab Khalil, rebuild the offensive line, and let Peyton give it a go for a couple of years. By the time he retires, draft a good game manager to facilitate effective football centered around dominance of the line of scrimmage.
    Last edited by idioteque; 10-17-2011 at 09:55 PM.

I don't really give a **** about Luck. Will Luck make our defense, offensive line, and special teams better? I don't think the Colts will go 0-16, but I see 2-14 as the absolute best case scenario. They might beat Jacksonville at home and they will probably beat Carolina the next game coming off the bye. Painter and the passing game really aren't that bad, but we have the biggest piece of **** defense and one of the most anemic running games I have ever seen in the NFL.

All that aside, you seem to be vehemently against the Colts getting Luck, like it is some sort of affront to your morality. They might actually be that bad regardless of anyone's indignation stemming from the fact that we have had Manning for 15 years. Personally, I'd rather grab Khalil, rebuild the offensive line, and let Peyton give it a go for a couple of years. By the time he retires, draft a good game manager to facilitate effective football centered around dominance of the line of scrimmage.
    I'm not against the Colts getting Andrew Luck. I just don't think they're necessarily bad enough to be the worst team out of everyone.

Curtis Painter isn't bad QB. The offense definitely isn't the issue it is the defense like you said. It's always been the defense for that team that's anchored them a bit.

2-3 wins is a realistic finish for this team. At least one against the Jaguars, one against the Panthers, and maybe another against someone in division. Maybe not the Texans, but again maybe the Jaguars twice.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

well said, and it will never happen. ugh.

oh well. getting luck will make up for this ****** *** season.

The Colts are not beating the Panthers. Cam Newton might put himself in the MVP race after that game. It could be the worst blow out of the season if the Saints don't set the bar too high this week.

Panthers are good and Newton does everything our defense can't defend and he does it good.

And oh yah, we coincidentally can't defend anything.

May as well go catch a sunday movie at your local theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    The Colts are not beating the Panthers. Cam Newton might put himself in the MVP race after that game. It could be the worst blow out of the season if the Saints don't set the bar too high this week.

Panthers are good and Newton does everything our defense can't defend and he does it good.

And oh yah, we coincidentally can't defend anything.

May as well go catch a sunday movie at your local theater.
    Not being a dick, but is this post serious?

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Not being a dick, but is this post serious?
    Yes it is. Have you watched the Panthers this year? Don't just look at there record. They are a lot better then there record. They have a better team.