Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Andrew Luck Thread

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Andrew Luck Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree strongly it will take a few years but I think he can at least reach a level Vince Young was at before he went crazy and got depression. I expect him to be a better than average QB in a few years JMO.
    You say he can be a great QB and then say he can be a sane Vince Young? Vince Young went crazy after he was benched. He also wasn't even average before that, let alone great. Hell, he was basically awful his entire professional career. So he's really a great comparison for Tim Tebow.

2006 per game averages:
    Passing: 146.6 yards on 51.5%, 0.8 TDs, 0.9 INTS, 1.7 sacks, 66.7 QB rating
    Rushing: 36.8 yards, 0.5 TDs, 0.8 FUM

2007 per game average:
    Passing: 169.7 yards on 62.3%, 0.6 TDs, 1.1 INTS, 1.7 sacks, 71.1 QB rating
    Rushing: 26.3 yards, 0.2 TDs, 0.7 FUM

In the two best NFL seasons of Simple Vince's career, he accounted for 189.7 yards of offense per game, 21 passing TDs, 10 rushing TDs, 30 INTs, and 22 fumbles. 31 total TDs. 52 total turnovers.

Even I think Tim Tebow can do better than that. If that makes him great, then I'm at a loss for words.

They were both unbelieveable college football players. Two of the greatest of all time. But college success and professional success are two entirely different animals.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Whatever Irsay these guys see otherwise

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp10794

Banned
    Mood

The Colts' Sagarin NFL Ratings in the Peyton Manning era...

1998. 12.84 (27)
    1999. 27.39 (3)
    2000. 27.36 (5)
    2001. 17.85 (22)
    2002. 20.55 (17)
    2003. 27.64 (2)
    2004. 28.71 (4)
    2005. 30.22 (2)
    2006. 31.93 (1)
    2007. 28.46 (6)
    2008. 26.04 (6)
    2009. 29.86 (2)
    2010. 21.60 (11)
    2011. 7.43* (32)

*Would be the 8th (out of 444) lowest score in Sagarin Ratings history.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Our boy doesn't look great tonight. Looks jittery. Making really poor decisions.

Oregon is going to win this game you could say he's the Florida to Luck here...

A team he'll never get past no matter what.

Besides everyone has been excessively hyping this guy that everything he does will either be super great or epic fail.

I don't think Luck is the next Peyton but he doesn't need to be as long as he's good enough to lead us to great football after Peyton that's all I care about.

And its probably the only way Irsay will get rid of Polian and Caldwell he'll want new people around.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Oregon is going to win this game you could say he's the Florida to Luck here...

A team he'll never get past no matter what.

Besides everyone has been excessively hyping this guy that everything he does will either be super great or epic fail.

I don't think Luck is the next Peyton but he doesn't need to be as long as he's good enough to lead us to great football after Peyton that's all I care about.

And its probably the only way Irsay will get rid of Polian and Caldwell he'll want new people around.
    Man, I love your interest and genuine concern in the team, I really do. But do you have to mention in every single post something about how much you hate the front office and coaches?

Anyway, I don't think it will be that extreme. I think he will be good, but honestly, I doubt he's ever Peyton. Manning is one of a kind.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

He's settled down a little bit. Looks much better now. If you want to do some nitpicking, he probably needs to work on decision making a little bit. His athleticism might actually be a curse there--he always is trying to make a play. Not sure you can count that as a real negative though. Really accurate passes. It's always really hard for me to judge arm strength on TV, so I can't comment on that. A couple of times he's thrown off his back foot, so maybe he needs to work on his footwork (an area where Manning is a master imo).

Not making excuses, but his receivers have dropped at least 4 passes on him. Their defense is giving up too many huge plays. Clearly, this is not LSU/Alabama. Sloppy play, wild formations, brazenly going for fourth downs, etc.

Mood

Watching this game tonight and the post game press conference I had a thought as I watched Luck get drilled question after question: The guy is human. I liked his composure in the press conference and he didn't blame the loss on anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Man, I love your interest and genuine concern in the team, I really do. But do you have to mention in every single post something about how much you hate the front office and coaches?

Anyway, I don't think it will be that extreme. I think he will be good, but honestly, I doubt he's ever Peyton. Manning is one of a kind.
    Nobody makes you read the posts around here...

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Nobody makes you read the posts around here...
    Actually, that's not true. An evil marsupial leprechaun actually monitors my online posting habits and requires me to read every single post on this message board. No way around it I'm afraid.

No, but I think you have made your point. We all understand exactly how you feel about the Polians and the coaching staff. They suck, they are the root of our problems, and so on and so forth. If I want to talk about the Colts, every thread is littered with such posts from you. Which leaves me the options of continuing to read them or put you on ignore. I don't really like to put people on ignore because usually you have something worthwhile to say peppered in with your vitriol. I like reading that stuff, I just get tired of all hate. It was just a suggestion, I might be the only person that feels this way, and that's fine. You don't have to take it. Maybe you need to get it out of your system, I completely understand that. In turn though, I needed to get that comment about your constant complaining out of my system.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    You should see her on ColtClique. It's 10 times worse.

Banned
    Mood

Today was an absolutely epic day for the Colts in the Suck For Luck Race. Not only do we lose our most winnable game of the season, but the two one-win-teams also pick up wins, and the two-win Cardinals are down three with the ball late in the 4th quarter.

I don't think our management is stupid enough to blow this.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    Today was an absolutely epic day for the Colts in the Suck For Luck Race. Not only do we lose our most winnable game of the season, but the two one-win-teams also pick up wins, and the two-win Cardinals are down three with the ball late in the 4th quarter.

I don't think our management is stupid enough to blow this.
    This really is a great day in our quest for Luck. The ending of that Rams/Browns game really was the icing on the cake.

Banned
    Mood

The Cardinals came from behind to beat the Eagles. That pushes them up to three-wins and pretty much out of the race. Hallelujah!

Also, the 2-6 Seahawks currently lead the 6-2 Ravens, 10-0, early in the second quarter.

Looking at the records and the remaining schedules, I think we've got a solid 90% of landing the #1 pick, and that's probably being conservative.

We've given ourselves enough room that I might actually be able to cheer for a win vs. New England.

Banned
    Mood

This is from two-weeks ago. For those worried that Luck may return for his senior season (I've seen it thrown out a few times), :41.

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Wow, we're 2 games up in the Luck Lotto. That's honestly insurmountable, there's not a chance in hell we win 2 more games than Sota/Mia/Car/StL in the next 6 games. It's almost literally impossible.

We're basically on the clock right now.

You think the Polians will call the dogs off now? By call the dogs off, I mean, pull Painter and Carter to the side and let them know that they dont need to set the losing tone, by turning the ball over on the first drive of the game.

Also, I wonder if this means Jerraud Powers will be " let off the hook " for his outstanding play the last 2 games.

Hey, maybe Joe Addai will be let out of his cage and allowed to see a few carries now.

Maybe we wont have to pull our pro bowlers out midway through the game with the dreaded " leg injury undisclosed amount of time til return ... ". I wonder if Robert Mathis just decided he was going on to the field instead of faking his leg injury like the team asked and the Polians decided that it would make too much of a scene to have security literally pull him off the field on live television. Silly Polians, no one is watching anyways.

Maybe we can get around to filing that Missing Persons Report on Anthony Gonzales. I'm getting worried about that guy!

The Luck-Manning thing looks like the makings of a tough, gut-wrenching decision vis a vis Manning's future here. It's one I don't envy having to make, but I can't fathom how you don't take Luck #1.

In related QB matters, if Painter is on this roster to open next season, I may commit hari-kari. Does not even deserve to be invited to training camp. Rather take some guy off the street.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    You say he can be a great QB and then say he can be a sane Vince Young? Vince Young went crazy after he was benched. He also wasn't even average before that, let alone great. Hell, he was basically awful his entire professional career. So he's really a great comparison for Tim Tebow.

2006 per game averages:
    Passing: 146.6 yards on 51.5%, 0.8 TDs, 0.9 INTS, 1.7 sacks, 66.7 QB rating
    Rushing: 36.8 yards, 0.5 TDs, 0.8 FUM

2007 per game average:
    Passing: 169.7 yards on 62.3%, 0.6 TDs, 1.1 INTS, 1.7 sacks, 71.1 QB rating
    Rushing: 26.3 yards, 0.2 TDs, 0.7 FUM

In the two best NFL seasons of Simple Vince's career, he accounted for 189.7 yards of offense per game, 21 passing TDs, 10 rushing TDs, 30 INTs, and 22 fumbles. 31 total TDs. 52 total turnovers.

Even I think Tim Tebow can do better than that. If that makes him great, then I'm at a loss for words.

They were both unbelieveable college football players. Two of the greatest of all time. But college success and professional success are two entirely different animals.
    Vince Young 30-17 in Tennessee with 2 pro bowls (with a coach that didnt like him and didnt use him properly)

much like Tebow Vince Young takes over games in the 4th and he just wins baby. I don't really get caught up in stats except for Ws.