Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Colt of the Manning era so far (other than Manning)

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Your favorite Colt of the Manning era so far (other than Manning)

I'd have to go with Edgerrin James, man it was great to have a consistent running back like him. Edge was also trying to go north and south on every run which is really something you don't see as much as you should anymore.

And while Edge was great as he was, it is amazing to think what he could have been. Remember, he led the league in rushing his first two seasons and was on his way to doing it again before blowing out his knee in Kansas City. He was never really the same after that knee injury, and had he been able to have been healthier in his younger years he could be in the conversation for one of the better backs of all time other than just being "really good."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Your favorite Colt of the Manning era so far (other than Manning)

Marvin Harrison.

The speed. The precision routes. The hands. The beautiful chemistry with Manning. We may never see a WR-QB duo quite like that again in terms of longevity and what they were able to accomplish in the record books. Harrison's 99-06 stretch is arguably the greatest stretch of any receiver not named Rice. 8 straight insanely good years.

This is a great video on the Manning-Harrison connection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLK1Fmyn-6o

Man, the stuff in that video seems like a lifetime ago given what we are watching this season.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-01-2011 at 11:11 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marvin Harrison.

The speed. The precision routes. The hands. The beautiful chemistry with Manning. We may never see a WR-QB duo quite like that again in terms of longevity and what they were able to accomplish in the record books. Harrison's 99-06 stretch is arguably the greatest stretch of any receiver not named Rice. 8 straight insanely good years.

This is a great video on the Manning-Harrison connection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLK1Fmyn-6o

Man, the stuff in that video seems like a lifetime ago given what we are watching this season.
    I'd have to agree with you. I saw him make the greatest catch I've ever seen in (2004?) in tennesse. A 40 yard diving one handed catch. Amazing.

Second, I'd go with Freeney. Incredibly underrated player, imo. He can absolutely dominate a game defensively if the team doesn't game plan offensively for him.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I'd have to go with Edgerrin James, man it was great to have a consistent running back like him. Edge was also trying to go north and south on every run which is really something you don't see as much as you should anymore.

And while Edge was great as he was, it is amazing to think what he could have been. Remember, he led the league in rushing his first two seasons and was on his way to doing it again before blowing out his knee in Kansas City. He was never really the same after that knee injury, and had he been able to have been healthier in his younger years he could be in the conversation for one of the better backs of all time other than just being "really good."
    Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    I'd have to agree with you. I saw him make the greatest catch I've ever seen in (2004?) in tennesse. A 40 yard diving one handed catch. Amazing.

Second, I'd go with Freeney. Incredibly underrated player, imo. He can absolutely dominate a game defensively if the team doesn't game plan offensively for him.

It was 03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZHaKGDYspE

Dallas Clark--- all the big hits he has taken just makes me respect him.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Jeff Saturday.

His reads and communication skills lead to enhanced offensive performance despite our line typically being relatively weak. It has been shown during the few games he has missed that the Colts nearly shut down when he is not available.

Dwight Freeney but HM to Jeff Saturday and Robert Mathis

A disruptive force on defense and by far our best player on that side of the ball

Vanderjagt

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    Vanderjagt
    His accuracy and off the field activities were both staggering.

Mood

I can't choose one, but Jeff Saturday 1st, Gary Brackett 2nd and Dominik Rhodes.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bob.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Reggie Wayne.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Trevor Insley
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Curtis Painter

I gotta say there's something pure about the way Addai plays football. He's played behind the worst offensive line of the Manning era his whole career, and yet has still produced good numbers when given the chance. He's the best blocking back in the NFL, maybe the best blocker on the team. A strong receiver out of the backfield, and he's just a guy that comes to work every day and does his job. Never gets any credit and often takes undeserved blame. Yet he's always a pro. He's everything that I think Dungy would have envisioned his ideal Colt to be when he first showed up to instill that sort of professional attitude.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 10-03-2011 at 02:48 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Idrees Bashir
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I gotta say there's something pure about the way Addai plays football. He's played behind the worst offensive line of the Manning era his whole career, and yet has still produced good numbers when given the chance. He's the best blocking back in the NFL, maybe the best blocker on the team. A strong receiver out of the backfield, and he's just a guy that comes to work every day and does his job. Never gets any credit and often takes undeserved blame. Yet he's always a pro. He's everything that I think Dungy would have envisioned his ideal Colt to be when he first showed up to instill that sort of professional attitude.
    I agree with some of the things you said, but I think everyone on the Colts roster comes out and does their job, so I don't see why this makes Addai any different from other Colts players. Secondly, what makes Addai the best blocking back in the NFL? NFL commentators that say so?...and you think he's better than offensive linemen whose sole purpose is...too block. What a low blow and I'm not talking about a chop block!
    I do think he's a great player, shame to see him go - not hating on your selection really, just don't see how you can say he's THAT good of a blocker...or else I'm changing his position to left tackle on Madden next year just to guarantee my QB's blindside.
    "What you are witnessing right now is the old Danny Granger of old!!" - Chris Denari 01/01/2014

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

I can't make a pick among the Edge, Freeney, Bob Sanders triumvirate.

I have a great appreciation for Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Addai but those three are the clear choices in my mind.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Interesting that Bob is that revered. I guess that just goes to show how valuable he was to the super bowl run.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Interesting that Bob is that revered. I guess that just goes to show how valuable he was to the super bowl run.
    Bob was a stud... absolutely loved his demeanor and style of play. It's too bad his 5'8" body couldn't maintain that level of abuse, but then again not surprising. Nobody sacrificed his body more than that guy, and he was absolutely the most fun Colt to watch, besides Marvin, and was also a massive part of our SB run, which cannot be overstated.

Offense: Marvin
    Defense: Bob
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Cooper Manning.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Offense
    1. Marvin Harrison
    2. Reggie Wayne
    3. Edgerrin James
    4. Dallas Clark
    5. Joseph Addai

Offensive Line
    1. Jeff Saturday
    2. Tarik Glenn
    3. Ken Dilger
    4. Marcus Pollard

Defense & Kicking
    1. Dwight Freeney
    2. Robert Mathis
    3. Antoine Bethea
    4. Adam Vinatari
    5. Mike Vanderjagt

Tarik would have never allowed Peyton to get hit so much on his backside since 2007.
    Bob Sanders is and always will be on my disappointment list.
    It sucks that Mike shanked the big kick, but he is still the most accurate kicker of all time.
    Ken Dilger and Marcus Pollard was our best TE's working the offensive line and has never been replaced.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Offense
    1. Marvin Harrison
    2. Reggie Wayne
    3. Edgerrin James
    4. Dallas Clark
    5. Joseph Addai

Offensive Line
    1. Jeff Saturday
    2. Tarik Glenn
    3. Ken Dilger
    4. Marcus Pollard

Defense & Kicking
    1. Dwight Freeney
    2. Robert Mathis
    3. Antoine Bethea
    4. Adam Vinatari
    5. Mike Vanderjagt

Tarik would have never allowed Peyton to get hit so much on his backside since 2007.
    Bob Sanders is and always will be on my disappointment list.
    It sucks that Mike shanked the big kick, but he is still the most accurate kicker of all time.
    Ken Dilger and Marcus Pollard was our best TE's working the offensive line and has never been replaced.
    Glenn mastered the art of the false start. Addai never really did it for me. Vanderjagt was a tremendous kicker, but ya he had a few moments we all would like to forget.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Glenn mastered the art of the false start. Addai never really did it for me. Vanderjagt was a tremendous kicker, but ya he had a few moments we all would like to forget.
    Vanderjagt was horrible in the clutch. Talked all that trash and couldn't back it up
    David "And One" West

Mood

Offense: Reggie Wayne
    Defense: Antoine Bethea