Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brackett, Bullitt IR'ed

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Brackett, Bullitt IR'ed

http://www.colts.com/news-and-events...5-bfd5fbe2bcbc

The Indianapolis Colts today placed linebacker Gary Brackett and strong safety Melvin Bullitt on injured reserve, signed linebacker A.J. Edds off the New England practice squad and signed quarterback Dan Orlovsky to the active roster.
    Fine with me. Bullitt was awful and was never really all that good. Angerer's already probably better than Brackett, so it certainly hurts depth but the starting LBs are just as strong.

Brackett's salary jumps up a ton next season, gotta figure his time as a Colt's over.

Default Re: Brackett, Bullitt IR'ed

Didn't they just extend Bullitt last year? Good times!

Sports Logo

Also, in SHOCKING news, the Chargers IR'ed Bob Sanders.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, in SHOCKING news, the Chargers IR'ed Bob Sanders.
    and they signed Tommie Harris

Sports Logo

Justin Tryon cut?

https://twitter.com/#!/JTTRYON20/status/119152102525239297
    Gotta say goodbye to the Indy fan's... No longer a COLT. It's been fun! Don't be a stranger! YESSSSSIR faith
    WTF? Tryon's pretty solid and extremely cheap.

Mood

Justin Tryon cut?

https://twitter.com/#!/JTTRYON20/status/119152102525239297

WTF? Tryon's pretty solid and extremely cheap.
    He isnt very good but I wouldn't mind if the Bears brought him in like we did with Tim Jennings. Ya its official Irsay tweeted it he said he signed Jermale Hines t take his spot.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 09-28-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Sports Logo

He's not a Pro Bowler or anything but he's pretty clearly the 2nd best CB on the roster if last year's any indication. Well, that Terrence Johnson dude I guess. He had a nice game against the Steelers but that's all I've seen of him. Lacey's really bad, why he was a starter over Tryon is beyond me, maybe some off the field stuff or something.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

The joke season continues! Hopefully we'll have the best April ever between the draft & Pacers in the playoffs.

I know Brackett's a MLB, but the way Conner, Angerer, and Wheeler have been playing, I think they are all better right now. Bullit? Meh. Let's see what Lefeged's got. Glad to see him on the field more.

No explanation for the Tryon thing from a talent/performance standpoint. Evidently, it's an off-the-field issue of some nature. But, maybe he's pissed because he's had to sit around playing behind Lacey since he got here.

If the D can continue to look somewhat like last week and the run game continues to improve, at least it will be a silver lining to this nightmare of personnel decisions and awful QB play. If, if, if...
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Well none of this is surprising.

The lack of info about both of these players should've told us "IR bound" and well they're small, undersized and injury prone

Ditto for Bob at least the Colts were smart enough to dump him

But of course they negate that by dumping Justin Tryon a player unlike Lacey that was actually worth keeping ..

Tryon's cut is baffling.

Lefeged actually looked ok when he replaced Caldwell at safety.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Can we have Jim Irsay physically come out and wave the white flag before the next game, or do we have to do it this way and pretend that's not what we are doing all season?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Something must have happened with Tryon, b/c he was easily our 2nd best CB. For him to have been cut just like that, he probably pissed Caldwell off in some way. I really can't think of any reason.

As for Brackett, I think he could be done here. His salary increases next year, and Angerer is probably better right now (as this first poster said).
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Well according to his Twitter(got from another board)

JTTRYON20 Justin Tryon

 I thank the Colts die hard fans for the love they're showing me! I'M A STARTER yes.. Caldwell wanted to start me but it wasn't up to him!

Sports Logo

So if it's not up to the head coach, then who? There's a valid argument it should be Coyer's say, but Coyer was asked about it and passed the buck, "ask Jim" or something like that. I assume Irsay learned his lesson that he doesn't know anything about player evaluation and wouldn't make a call like that, so I guess Polian?

Whoever it is should absolutely not be able to trump the head coach on who gets to play.

It's pretty obvious what's going on here.

The tank job is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    It's pretty obvious what's going on here.

The tank job is on.
    I've heard others suggest this, too. I can't make up my mind. Although, it may be in how we define tank.

Do you mean they are going out there each week with the intent to throw games, including purposefully underperforming? The Steeler game would seem to indicate otherwise.

Or are you saying they're kind of indirectly accomplices to an already really bad year by decisions on who plays, who is cut or IR-ed?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo

"Tanking" in the NFL is literally impossible. Putting an average at best S and a MLB that's been outperformed (wait, shouldn't they be make believe IR'ing Angerer?) by his backup isn't tanking. It's players getting hurt, the NFL's kind of a physical game.

Good luck getting dozens of guys that quite literally have no guaranteed livelihood past this season to play bad on purpose. The sheer notion is insane.

My bad, I forgot Bill Polian's hiding Gaddafi in the bowels of the Colts complex and putting him on the payroll to hatch the next evil plan. Not a chance in hell players actually, y'know, get hurt.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 09-29-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Personally, I think the Tryon situation is just Polian trying to again prove that he's the one in power (Which he is anyways). I love Jim Irsay but I think he mostly sits back and lets Polian do whatever he wants.

There was a rumor Tryon was in the Colts doghouse for whatever reason. Sounds to me like Caldwell wanted to start him, and the second Polian caught wind of it decided to be his usual arrogant self and cut Tryon to prove a point that Polian and only Polian get to make the decisions.

As for Brackett and Bullitt, I'm glad that they're out for the season (Not glad that they're hurt, just glad because it'll help the team).

Angerer is clearly a better player than Brackett, and is very solid against the run. Not to mention he had a 21 tackle game. That's just ridiculous.

As for Bullitt, I've never thought he was any good to begin with. I'd like to see what Joe Lefeged can do (No David Caldwell please) because I think Lefeged has some really good talent as a safety.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

"Tanking" in the NFL is literally impossible. Putting an average at best S and a MLB that's been outperformed (wait, shouldn't they be make believe IR'ing Angerer?) by his backup isn't tanking. It's players getting hurt, the NFL's kind of a physical game.

Good luck getting dozens of guys that quite literally have no guaranteed livelihood past this season to play bad on purpose. The sheer notion is insane.

My bad, I forgot Bill Polian's hiding Gaddafi in the bowels of the Colts complex and putting him on the payroll to hatch the next evil plan. Not a chance in hell players actually, y'know, get hurt.
    You could make this same argument every time an NBA team sits a player because of an injury. Tanking isn't losing on purpose, contrary to baffling popular belief. It's more about being apathetic to winning. Management knows this season is lost, and so they aren't going to rush players back from injury or throw away money on players who don't have a future with the team. Tanking is more of an admission of, "Okay, we aren't going to compete for the title this year, or even realistically make the playoffs, so let's allow our injured guys to heal, play some younger guys, see what we have in some of these players, and prepare for our future." The notion that players don't try as hard or that coaches try to lose games is completely asinine.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    I've heard others suggest this, too. I can't make up my mind. Although, it may be in how we define tank.

Do you mean they are going out there each week with the intent to throw games, including purposefully underperforming? The Steeler game would seem to indicate otherwise.

Or are you saying they're kind of indirectly accomplices to an already really bad year by decisions on who plays, who is cut or IR-ed?
    I don't think they could get away with ir'ing players that don't need to be. I do however, believe that they won't make any significant moves to help there situation. The interesting thing about the Tryon situation is that Tryon says that it wasnt up to Caldwell. Which makes me believe that he was told that by Caldwell himself. Something doesn't add up. I think either Caldwell is in the doghouse, or the Polians have taken over and are positioning themselves for the future.

I'm not sure Tryon wasn't the best CB on the roster. Something is going on here. I think leaving Caldwell in as coach has been an act of sabotage in its own. Unless Caldwell and the coaches are coaching and game planning like ****, on purpose.

He's game planned for Dallas Clark to block Mario Williams and James Harrison. After the Texans game he says " The idea is to try and give Dallas a little help" . Shouldn't the idea be to have Dallas be the " little help" ???

And does Kerry Collins not know how to spot a blitz and check to a hot route? Isn't that a better idea than having your hot route tight end pass protecting?

Kerry Collins could be looked at as a tanking tool. I honestly don't get why they would bring in the guy who was retired, 40 years old , has nothing to prove, doesn't know the system and has all of these things as built in excuses as reason to fail. They go with that, instead of the kid who's backed Manning up for 3 years, is young, probably more talented, way more hungrier and has everything to prove.

It don't make sense. And Reggie Wayne knew this too obviously.

I mean, sunday night is a good example too. The Colts should have won that game. One play is what lost it. The 80 yard touchdown to Wallace. If you showed the film of that play to every other coach in this league and asked them for a comment off record, they would probably tell you that was one of the biggest coaching fails of the season so far. Clearly, Coyer, who's got the best view you can ask for, doesn't see that his defense has the wrong personal, watches as Mike Wallace ( the fastest player in the league and top 5 WR), motions to the otherside forcing his linebacker into one on one coverage with him. Caldwell, long teased for looking like he's daydreaming out there, clearly wasnt paying attention and didn't call a timeout. If Coyer has any clue as a D coordinator, his heart should have stopped the moment Wallace turned into motion. How in the hell does a timeout not get called there? Did they not know which one was Mike Wallace? Did they mistake him for Heath Miller? Was this a thinly veiled tank method? Or was are coaching staff so incompetent that they either had no clue what was going on, or just said " ahhh crap! They got us guys. They got us!".

I love Irsay as our owner, but its time to stop with the blind faith and start addressing these serious issues. The blessing isn't the resolve that this organization has. The real blessing was the injury to Manning that has uncovered critical flaws that start at the top of the organization and bleed down to this coaching staff. Having blind faith right now is the worst thing Irsay could do right now. Time to start making the right decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Something must have happened with Tryon, b/c he was easily our 2nd best CB. For him to have been cut just like that, he probably pissed Caldwell off in some way. I really can't think of any reason.
    Some local sports talk was suggesting something like that yesterday. ITs hard to know but it wouldn't be the first time a player acted up and got cut. We'll probably find out 3 years from now..
    Last edited by Gamble1; 09-29-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Jim Caldwell being pushed around by Polian? Unimaginable! I mean it's not like that's why he got the job or anything.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    I don't think they could get away with ir'ing players that don't need to be. I do however, believe that they won't make any significant moves to help there situation. The interesting thing about the Tryon situation is that Tryon says that it wasnt up to Caldwell. Which makes me believe that he was told that by Caldwell himself. Something doesn't add up. I think either Caldwell is in the doghouse, or the Polians have taken over and are positioning themselves for the future.

I'm not sure Tryon wasn't the best CB on the roster. Something is going on here. I think leaving Caldwell in as coach has been an act of sabotage in its own. Unless Caldwell and the coaches are coaching and game planning like ****, on purpose.

He's game planned for Dallas Clark to block Mario Williams and James Harrison. After the Texans game he says " The idea is to try and give Dallas a little help" . Shouldn't the idea be to have Dallas be the " little help" ???

And does Kerry Collins not know how to spot a blitz and check to a hot route? Isn't that a better idea than having your hot route tight end pass protecting?

Kerry Collins could be looked at as a tanking tool. I honestly don't get why they would bring in the guy who was retired, 40 years old , has nothing to prove, doesn't know the system and has all of these things as built in excuses as reason to fail. They go with that, instead of the kid who's backed Manning up for 3 years, is young, probably more talented, way more hungrier and has everything to prove.

It don't make sense. And Reggie Wayne knew this too obviously.

I mean, sunday night is a good example too. The Colts should have won that game. One play is what lost it. The 80 yard touchdown to Wallace. If you showed the film of that play to every other coach in this league and asked them for a comment off record, they would probably tell you that was one of the biggest coaching fails of the season so far. Clearly, Coyer, who's got the best view you can ask for, doesn't see that his defense has the wrong personal, watches as Mike Wallace ( the fastest player in the league and top 5 WR), motions to the otherside forcing his linebacker into one on one coverage with him. Caldwell, long teased for looking like he's daydreaming out there, clearly wasnt paying attention and didn't call a timeout. If Coyer has any clue as a D coordinator, his heart should have stopped the moment Wallace turned into motion. How in the hell does a timeout not get called there? Did they not know which one was Mike Wallace? Did they mistake him for Heath Miller? Was this a thinly veiled tank method? Or was are coaching staff so incompetent that they either had no clue what was going on, or just said " ahhh crap! They got us guys. They got us!".

I love Irsay as our owner, but its time to stop with the blind faith and start addressing these serious issues. The blessing isn't the resolve that this organization has. The real blessing was the injury to Manning that has uncovered critical flaws that start at the top of the organization and bleed down to this coaching staff. Having blind faith right now is the worst thing Irsay could do right now. Time to start making the right decisions.
    Dallas Clark is a NFL TE he should be able to block im sorry the fact is he is just a terrible blocking TE and should move to WR. Greg Olsen was a terrible blocking TE but he could at least limit Clay Matthews when the assignment came his way. Im sorry but that is part of the job if you are an NFL TE you have to be able to block as well as catch the ball. Dallas can only do one so he really should be considered a WR. But he looks like a lost puppy out there I might just put him on the IR or bench him because the way he is playing is pathetic.

Greg Olsen could not block Clay Matthews. Most offensive lineman can't block Clay Matthews.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post: