Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are your Phobias/Pet peeves

Default Re: What are your Phobias/Pet peeves

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My phobia/delusion is straws. For some reason I get in my head that someone could poison you with a straw. We went to applebees one night and my drink came out with a straw in it. I sent it back and embarressed the wife.
    Well my sister in law has straws tatooed on her pinky fingers. I guess she could kill you with them.

What if the straw has a partially torn wraper on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Phobias - Don't really have much here, spiders/snakes don't bother me. Needles don't bother me. I have low-grade OCD tendencies, so I do check some things over and over in fear that things might not be turned off or locked.
    Your not alone on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bury Your Dead View Post
    Ive never really heard of anybody else having the type of phobia that I have. But I have a mix between Pyrophobia and Electrophobia. Basically I have a major fear of my house burning down over an electrical fire. I have to turn off every outlet when I leave my house in fear of loosing all my things. It really sucks though because I think about it all the time.
    Fun fact. NO house with a built in sprinkler system has ever burned down. They also make switches to detect shorts in lines now but the cheapest thing would just have a fire detection service for your home.

Do you go to the breaker box and turn all the switches or just the main?
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-19-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Phobia: Getting pooped on by birds. Its only ever happened to me once, that I can remember, but even before that I still had the phobia. I literally have to duck out of the way any time a bird flies over me. Or if I'm eating at an outside cafe, you know birds love those places, I am constantly on high alert.

Pet Peeve: Too many to even think of one. I guess one that pops into my mind is people at Wal Mart, blocking up the whole aisle (the main ones) and moving slow as crap. I'm talking the family of fat people, five strong, all moving in a wall shoulder to shouler. It doesn't matter if you're trying to get around them from behind or coming at them from head on. You aren't getting through. I hate Wal Mart and try to get in and out of there as fast as possible, these people do their best to prevent me. Same thing happens at malls...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    Phobia: Getting pooped on by birds. Its only ever happened to me once, that I can remember, but even before that I still had the phobia. I literally have to duck out of the way any time a bird flies over me. Or if I'm eating at an outside cafe, you know birds love those places, I am constantly on high alert.

Pet Peeve: Too many to even think of one. I guess one that pops into my mind is people at Wal Mart, blocking up the whole aisle (the main ones) and moving slow as crap. I'm talking the family of fat people, five strong, all moving in a wall shoulder to shouler. It doesn't matter if you're trying to get around them from behind or coming at them from head on. You aren't getting through. I hate Wal Mart and try to get in and out of there as fast as possible, these people do their best to prevent me. Same thing happens at malls...
    I had a guy in the military get pooped on by a bird during our annual post inspection. We were all out in formation and the post commander was like five people away from inspecting us and one bird in the sky pooped on his boot that he spent all night shining. All the general could say was, "Is that bird ***** on your boot? Damn that's bad luck for you". he went on and after they passed me I was about ready to explode. My eyes were watering it was so bad. Poor guy got the nickname ***** shoes for the next six months he was there.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Well my sister in law has straws tatooed on her pinky fingers. I guess she could kill you with them.

What if the straw has a partially torn wraper on the top.

Your not alone on that one.

Fun fact. NO house with a built in sprinkler system has ever burned down. They also make switches to detect shorts in lines now but the cheapest thing would just have a fire detection service for your home.

Do you go to the breaker box and turn all the switches or just the main?
    I don't even try with the paper or wrapped straws. I just pop the top and drink from it old school kool aid style.