Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your Phobias/Pet peeves

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default What are your Phobias/Pet peeves

Phobia(s)- Snakes and Mushrooms.

Pet peeve- A dirty house. Must be clean!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What are your Phobias/Pet peeves

Snakes and heights for phobias.

Pet peeves - Not that I'm a grammar hound overall (I make as many mistakes as anyone), but the your/you're thing really bothers me. Also misusing to/too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sharks

Pet Peeves- unaware drivers and I can't stank and be cool with it

Rodents and Rollercoasters

Pet Peeve - When people pull out in front of me and cut me off, and then proceed to drive insanely slow (10 MPH under or more).

I've never understood why they couldn't just wait for me to pass.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Persistent pettiness.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Phobia - Needles.

Pet Peeves - "Libary" It's really hypocritical because I mispronounce things all the time..but that one just gets me. I had a family that I know that pronounced "Library" "Libary"..one of them was my English teacher.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Phobia is spiders. And I'm talking blubbering idiot hysterical girly screaming type phobia.

Pet peeve is people who don't use their turn signal for any reason.
    Last edited by travmil; 09-28-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Mood

My phobia/delusion is straws. For some reason I get in my head that someone could poison you with a straw. We went to applebees one night and my drink came out with a straw in it. I sent it back and embarressed the wife.

I hate spiders. I get uncomfortable when I see one.

Mood

Come on people keep this going. I actually am completely interested in this, it's a great idea for a general discussion thread.

I don't know what it is about spiders. I don't recall there being an incident that triggered it. I just know when I see one it's an all out scramble for me to get far away from it. I even bought an extra long attachment for my vaccum so I don't have to get within 8 feet of it to suck it up.

As far as the drivers not using their turn signals thing that's self explanatory. I'm not a mind reader. I don't know you want to be in my lane unless I see the blinky blinky. On the flip side of this, I think the death penalty should be on the table for drivers who speed up to keep you from merging when they see YOUR turn signal.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My phobia/delusion is straws. For some reason I get in my head that someone could poison you with a straw. We went to applebees one night and my drink came out with a straw in it. I sent it back and embarressed the wife.
    Now that is one I haven't heard before. Why is it with straws you feel someone could get poisoned? Why not without straws?

billbradley

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Phobia: Heights and flying

Pet peeves: Drivers who don't use turn signals, drivers who jump in front of you at the last possible second (usually without using their turn signals), people who jump in front you at the last possible second then drop their speed 10 mph so they can jabber on their cell phone, and punks who lane jump by driving past a line of cars in a lane that is about to disappear and then nose their way in front of all of them.

In conclusion, I hate dumb drivers. Oh, and people who go through the drive thru and order for their entire office.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

oh, I forgot Spiders. Yea, needles are number one but Spiders are a pretty decent second.

My friend and I were leaving our building the other night, and there was this huge jumping spider (like, it could jump about as high as our knees..) Completely freaked us out. I usually don't kill any bug, but Spiders, they go. And I usually use a golf club or something equally long..

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Another phobia- The dentist.

I still go, but the day before, pure hell.

Heights and spiders. I'm an acroarachnophobic. Which is kind of ironic since Spider-Man is my all-time favorite superhero.

My pet peeves are becoming too numerous to list, so I'll just go with "stupid people" for now.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Phobias: dolls , gum

Pet Peeves: wannabe gangsters, cocky people, people who act like they know what they're talking about when they don't, people who are grammar freaks, hicks, people who sing the wrong lyrics all the time, bossy people

the bolded ones are those who tick me off the most.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Phobias - Heights and Water. I can barely swim and have been terrified of the water since I was a little kid.

Pet Peeves - People who drive in the fast lane when they are not going fast, get the out of my way! People who put on their brakes and slow down BEFORE they turn on their turn signal.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes.

My #1 pet peeve is people who throw cigarette butts out their car window. It's !#$@#$ littering. Anybody who does it should be sentenced to 8 hours of community service picking up old cigarette butts at an intersection.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Nerd.
    Mood

Phobias - Don't really have much here, spiders/snakes don't bother me. Needles don't bother me. I have low-grade OCD tendencies, so I do check some things over and over in fear that things might not be turned off or locked.

Pet Peeves - On the other hand, I have alot of these. Number one pet peeve is people who take no responsibility for their actions. I make mistakes; everyone makes mistakes. Just admit to it, accept responsibility, and move on!

Mood

Ive never really heard of anybody else having the type of phobia that I have. But I have a mix between Pyrophobia and Electrophobia. Basically I have a major fear of my house burning down over an electrical fire. I have to turn off every outlet when I leave my house in fear of loosing all my things. It really sucks though because I think about it all the time.
    Try hard-er or Die hard-er. In this to win it.

Phobias: Needles, the doctor, anything medical basically. I also can't watch scary movies and I don't like anyone (not even my wife) touching my wrists or my neck. I used to be afraid of heights but I conquered that fear.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that is one I haven't heard before. Why is it with straws you feel someone could get poisoned? Why not without straws?
    It is just a weird phobia of mine, I can't tell why or the reason. It is like if someone is behind me on the road for a while I wonder if they are following me. As for Pet Peeves one thing that bothers me is when someone flushes the toilet when the seat is up. I am just a paranoid kind of guy I guess. My sister who is a psychology grad student at Western Michigan always is trying to analyze me, she just says I am crazy though.

Phobias: Falling. I used to think it was heights, but the idea of falling is my problem That's why I hate roller coasters.

Pet Peeves: Mine are the same as Hoop's parkers in the passing lane and brakes before turn signals people. I'm on a 4 lane highway today and the dorks are sitting in the passing lane with the other 3 lanes empty or room to move over. Throw the misuse of cruise control in there as well.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

claustrophobia not to the extent of some that hate elevators my laziness I suppose overrides that fear haha. however if I get into a tight packed crowd/space to where I can't move my arms freaks me the hell out. I almost punched someone trying to throw my arms out while walking in a crowd at a convention that was funneling out the exit and it just happened to get really congested. It's also one of the reasons I wait for damn near everyone to leave at pacers games before I make my way out...that and the driving through that traffic afterwords is nothing I want to deal with.

Pet peeves: The use of calling your significant other "Old Man" or "Old Lady" this state is already perceived to be low-brow as it is without people furthering that stereotype to me it just sounds very hillbilly. Cars that will speed around you to move one whole car length ahead of you only for the both of you to get stopped at a stop light.