Thread: Pollard, the comic

Default Pollard, the comic

http://www.indystar.com/articles/3/119151-8443-036.html

Pollard contributes

Perhaps the best sign that Scot Pollard is feeling more comfortable in a Pacers uniform is that his sense of humor is returning.

Pollard finished with season highs of six points and nine rebounds Sunday. He also played 18 minutes, his second-longest appearance of the season.

He hit 3-of-4 shots and grabbed six offensive rebounds, two more than all of Miami's team managed. His rebound total was his highest since he grabbed 16 against the Pacers last season while playing for Sacramento.

What brought the improved play?

"Early in the year I was wearing thong underwear and it wasn't very comfortable," he said. "I'm just going crotch-less. I have a little more freedom out there."

Actually, Pollard acknowledged that he's feeling more comfortable in the Pacers' offense, which is a drastic departure from the Kings' system in which he played the past five years.

"I'm a slow learner, I guess," he said. "I didn't think it would take until February. But I'm starting to feel more comfortable out there. Now if I can get my body to respond the way my mind has."

So THAT'S It
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Default Re: Pollard, the comic

to me that is more then enough reason to keep this guy a P until he retires!

That and of course his improved performance

I "tasted" from RC's words that we should not be "to" surprised to see him regaining a starting position from Jeff (who is letting us down somewhat lately) in the "near" future.

I for one will be inline to see him succeed, his attitude is that of a real pro, he has not once complained, blames himself and works his but of, what more can we ask for, we all know he has the intangibles to be valuable to the P's

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

The thing about Pollard that bothers me the most: his bad hands. How many times does he fumble the ball on rebounds and when he gets the ball in scoring position. Other teams know it so they try top strip it even more often.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The thing about Pollard that bothers me the most: his bad hands. How many times does he fumble the ball on rebounds and when he gets the ball in scoring position. Other teams know it so they try top strip it even more often.
    Yep, that is why I dubbed him "Stonehenge" or "Hands of Stone" for his proficientcy at handling the rock. Is there any cure for his hands? I love the guys will to mix it up and put a body on someone, but until his touch gets better...I don't see a reason that he starts over Foster.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I don't think a starting position is up for grabs. If it is, I would think Al would be the player we'd be considering as Jeff's replacement at PF.

I'm actually glad Pollard is finally playing like an eighth or ninth man. But let's not go overboard here because I still don't want to see him getting more than 10-16 minutes per game. I know Jeff is a roll player and a magnet for criticism, but the way he's been playing PF this season really complements Ron and JO.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Primoz for starting center!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

He may not be better than Pollard today, but he could be soon if Rick could figure out how to get him 8-10 minutes per game. At least he's got that-"P"-word to be better than Pollard.

Perhaps Pollard has played well enough in this little showcase that he's drawing some attention from other teams?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

He may not be better than Pollard today, but he could be soon if Rick could figure out how to get him 8-10 minutes per game. At least he's got that-"P"-word to be better than Pollard.

Perhaps Pollard has played well enough in this little showcase that he's drawing some attention from other teams?
    It's all part of a master plan to keep Primoz's (zzzeeezzzeezzz) FA value down until after we lock him up in a long-term contract.

I think he'll eventually be the best center on the team, and Foster will move to a backup role (which is, I think, a better fit). Then with Freddy Jones backup up both guard positions (Tinsley and Artest), Bender backing up both forward positions (Al and JO), and James Jones getting some minutes at the swing positions (Harrington and Artest), we've got the ideal 8.5-man rotation.

That would give us solid defenders in the starting lineup and coming off the bench (Tinsley would be the weakest defensive player in the rotation, and if he keeps improving then it won't be that bad). Both units have good firepower as well. The only worrying thing is that our two best 3pt shooters come off the bench. But if Artest, Harrington, and Tinsley keep improving, we could be ok.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I love Foster.
    I love Pollard.
    I love Brezec.
    I love every big man we have, so I don't really care who plays, just as long as we are winning!