Thread: E-mail from Herb

Default E-mail from Herb

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Letter_To_Fans

Matina Kolokotronis, president of business operations for the Sacramento Kings, wrote a letter to the fans of the team in regards to the NBA's decision to postpone training camps.
    "We want to assure you that the league’s efforts are focused on reaching an agreement that benefits all parties involved. The NBA’s goal is to secure a sustainable business model that enables all 30 teams to compete for a championship, fairly compensates players, and ensures a world-class experience for our fans."
    Larry Miller of the Blazers, Tad Brown of the Rockets, Bob Williams of the Hawks and Randy Rigby of the Jazz wrote similar letters containing virtually word-for-word the same message about ongoing collective bargaining negotiations, reports Brian T. Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune.

I received this e-mail from Herb yesterday. Anyone else?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: E-mail from Herb

I got one from "Herb".
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

We appreciate your continued patience as the NBA and the NBA Players Association negotiate a new collective bargaining agreement. Since no such agreement has been reached at this time, the league has postponed player training camps and cancelled preseason games scheduled through Saturday, Oct. 15. We want to assure you that the league's efforts are focused on reaching an agreement that benefits all parties involved. The NBA's goal is to secure a sustainable business model that enables all 30 teams to compete for a championship, fairly compensates players, and ensures a world-class experience for our fans.

The league will continue to work toward a new collective bargaining agreement so that we can get back to enjoying the excitement of Pacers basketball. We remain extremely excited about the future of our franchise.

Please know that as a valued supporter of our team, you are an important part of the Indiana Pacers' family, and your loyalty and support is appreciated. Thank you for your support and your continued loyalty to the Indiana Pacers.

Sincerely,

Herbert Simon
    Owner/Chairman & CEO
    Pacers Sports & Entertainment

Lotta breaking news in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lotta breaking news in there.
    True:
    I'll admit I'm desperate for anything basketball related.
    It's good to see the owners put something in writing regarding competitive balance to the fans though.
    It makes them look foolish if they just cave in for the same system with a lower BRI. I hope the hard cap or a system that limits the amount big markets can spend and the # of free agent all stars they can draw happens.

"agreement that benefits all parties involved"....

Apparently the ones providing all the revenue (i.e. fans) aren't one of the parties involved.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dear Herb Simon,

Please start selling pacers merchandise at Simon malls in Indianapolis.

Thanks

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    Dear Herb Simon,

Please start selling pacers merchandise at Simon malls in Indianapolis.

Thanks
    Circle center downtown has a Pacers pro shop. But besides that it is hard to find Pacer gear outside of the field house.

I wanted to get some pacers shirts while I was in town, but ran short of time and couldn't find any evidence that basketball even exists in the mall I went too.

Mood

I was in Angola this summer which is north of Fort Wayne about 30-45 minutes. My family is from there. I went into a Meijer super store and there were tons of sports apparel everywhere. Thousands of shirts, shorts, sweatshirts, hats, you name it. Every college. Colts gallore. One Pacers hat. Literally. One.

And I was just trying to find a Pacers shirt for my six year old daughter. Unreal.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Pacer gear has been considered very seasonal even during the early 2000's - basketball doesn't seem to sell well off season, so they don't stock it.

In a normal year, next week or so is when Pacer gear would start showing up in the general retail stores (I always used to gauge it by when it showed up at the airport shop). Who knows what they will do this year?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Pacer gear has been considered very seasonal even during the early 2000's - basketball doesn't seem to sell well off season, so they don't stock it.

In a normal year, next week or so is when Pacer gear would start showing up in the general retail stores (I always used to gauge it by when it showed up at the airport shop). Who knows what they will do this year?
    IMO, stores that have humans determine what to purchase and stock will have very little Pacers gear until the lockout ends. Stores that have computers that determine what to stock based on previous year sales and make plan projections might have a little more, but still not much.

I did find a Pacers shirt at the airport. Herb Simon doesn't own the airport though. Last time I was in town the foot action or finish line in Muncie had a bunch of Pacers shirts and it wasn't basketball season.

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    I was in Angola this summer which is north of Fort Wayne about 30-45 minutes. My family is from there. I went into a Meijer super store and there were tons of sports apparel everywhere. Thousands of shirts, shorts, sweatshirts, hats, you name it. Every college. Colts gallore. One Pacers hat. Literally. One.

And I was just trying to find a Pacers shirt for my six year old daughter. Unreal.
    Thats also because its football and baseball season so of course they would put out that merchandise ahead of NBA gear that may not even get unboxed till 2012.

Whatever.

I don't need to go to the mall to get Pacers stuff when I can get whatever I want at the team store. I see Pacers gear in stores here and there like at Walmart, some athletic stores.

What I do want there to be of the Pacers that there is of the Colts are Pacers plates!
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 09-26-2011 at 05:59 PM.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Quote Originally Posted by beezer615 View Post
    Thats also because its football and baseball season so of course they would put out that merchandise ahead of NBA gear that may not even get unboxed till 2012.
    It's not like baseball is much popular than the NBA.

Both are equally talked about these days.

However, here it's not even a major thing unless it's about the Cubs or Reds or Indianapolis Indians.

can herb simon legitimately monopolize the sale of pacer related product? i am doubtful but i don't live in indianapolis anymore. i cannot see the corporation telling a store like macys not to sell licensed merchandise. am i wrong?
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman View Post
    can herb simon legitimately monopolize the sale of pacer related product? i am doubtful but i don't live in indianapolis anymore. i cannot see the corporation telling a store like macys not to sell licensed merchandise. am i wrong?
    it isnt about the lockout. Pacers gear just isnt sold around here because there arent that many fans and it doesn't sell well. I havent bought or seen a Pacers jersey outside of the gift shops in awhile. Champs at the greenwood mall carries them from time to time but only Granger and they are normaly cheaper than the other jerseys there

EDIT:
    I will give one more example I work shows with my uncle selling gear(like flea markets or festivals). A authentic fitted Pacers hat(like the ones at lids that sell for $30 dollars) I can buy for $3 and the hope and pray to get $15 out of it. It may take a few months to sell but it makes me a big profit when it does. But a Bulls or Celtics or Lakers hat will cost me $9 dollars and I can easily get $15-20 for it. It is just the market. I had 2 Tom Brady authentic Super Bowl jerseys trying to sell them at the James Dean festival in fairmont. Like I figured not one person asked for price.(because we are in an area that Pats gear doesnt sell)

I will have no problem selling it on Ebay and tripling my money because there are a lot of pats fans out there. Unfortunately there are very few Pacer fans out there comparatively.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 09-26-2011 at 11:36 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Let's look at this in 5 years.

I'm sure more stores will be filled with more Pacers gear and less Colts gear.

It's really about who's hot and who's not. Especially here in Indy.

I walked into the Dick's Sporting Goods in Avon right after the season ended for us, looking for a jersey. All they had in stock were freaking Kyle Korver. That was it. Of ALL the players they could have had in stock, the only one they had was KYLE FREAKIN KORVER. In Indianapolis.

"Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Champs in Greenwood for the longest time only had Gold jerseys of TJ Ford and Dunleavy. That's it.