Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 57

Thread: Manning done for the year.

  1. #26
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    I think it takes an extraordinary amount of naivety to believe that Peyton could play again this season.

    I think it takes an extraordinary amount of stupidity to believe that Peyton should play again this season.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  2. #27
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only reason why I think he's not on IR at this point is because Irsay likes the color green. You sell more tickets if there is a chance of a comeback and his freudain slip up yesterday only gave me more reasons to believe that they have no intentions of bringing him back this year.
    Or maybe they really just don't know. But hey, don't hesitate to attack someone's character without any support.

  3. #28
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it takes an extraordinary amount of naivety to believe that Peyton could play again this season.

    I think it takes an extraordinary amount of stupidity to believe that Peyton should play again this season.
    And I've said neither.

  4. #29

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or maybe they really just don't know. But hey, don't hesitate to attack someone's character without any support.
    Hey if you want to live in the clouds then alright. I think a NFL franchise has the right to make money I just won't buy everything hook line and sinker like some on here.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  6. #30
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Sorry that I expect people to treat each other with a little bit of respect, rather than throwing around baseless accusations.

    If you have something to support your claims, then I'm all ears. But it looks like you'd rather just **** on someone just because you can.

  7. #31
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Just saw on the news that the Colts have resigned Orlovsky. Looking for a link to confirm right now.

    Here:

    http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

    The Indianapolis Colts’ search for experienced depth at quarterback has returned a familiar face to the roster.

    The team has re-signed Dan Orlovsky, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Orlovsky was waived Sept. 3 after spending the preseason with the team. The

    There was no announcement from the team and it wasn’t immediately known how the team made room on the active roster for Orlovsky.

    Orlovsky, 28, has appeared in 13 games with Detroit and Houston, and started seven games for the Lions in 2008. He lost all seven of his starts as Detroit would finish 0-16.
    In his 13 appearances, Orlovsky completed 150-of-272 passes for 1,679 yards with eight touchdowns and eight interceptions.

    During the Colts’ preseason, he completed 25-of-54 passes for 386 yards with three touchdowns and three interceptions.

    Colts also worked out veteran Brodie Croyle today before opting for a quarterback with experience in their system.

    Croyle appeared in 18 games with Kansas City from 2006-2010. He lost all 10 of his starts.

    The need to add another QB to the roster became more pressing when starter Kerry Collins was sidelined during the fourth quarter of Sunday night's loss to Pittsburgh with concussion-like symptoms. He was replaced by Curtis Painter, the only other healthy quarterback on the roster.

    Peyton Manning remains on the active roster but is out indefinitely after undergoing Sept. 8 neck surgery.

    The Colts, 0-3 for the first time since 1998, return to action Monday night at Tampa Bay.

    Call Star reporter Mike Chappell at (317) 444-6830.
    Last edited by travmil; 09-27-2011 at 05:24 PM.

  8. #32
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,296

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    My case for putting Peyton on the IR:

    So I can IR him in myself in my keeper league. I need that roster spot, damn it.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:


  10. #33
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,296

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Jamaal Charles was my other keeper by the way.

  11. #34

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't realize that the Colts were out of the AFC South race after ONE divisional game.

    If he's back by decemeber, they would have played 3 AFC South games. The one they've already played against Houston, then they have the Titans on Oct 30, and Jax on Nov. 13.

    Both games are winnable without Manning. Win one of them, or hell even both, and you're right in the thick of a AFC South title. You'd have one game left against all of them. Win out and you'd be at 5-1. Houston would need to lose another along the way, but anything is possible in the NFL.


    Either way, trying to say that the Colts should shutdown Manning already, regardless, is stupid because you don't know what's going to happen around the league.

    Maybe in Dec. shutting him down is the right call. But not now.

    Well they're 0-3 and that's not a good start regardless.

    Sure anything is possible in the NFL but as valiant as the defense played the other day the offense has to step up and really I don't see that happening with an O-Line that sucks like ours.

    The Colts have had issues for years but there's no Manning to hide them anymore.

  12. #35

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry that I expect people to treat each other with a little bit of respect, rather than throwing around baseless accusations.

    If you have something to support your claims, then I'm all ears. But it looks like you'd rather just **** on someone just because you can.

  13. #36

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Peyton is not coming back this year no matter what and possibly not even next season. A spinal fusion is not a simple surgery and who knows how successful this third surgery will prove to be. Two failed surgeries and then taking a chance of a third failure by not waiting out the full recovery period borders on malpractice on the part of the docs who might clear him.

    While most things are possible seeing Peyton play this season is not. The average person would not even have this kind of surgery because it has negative implications years down the road.

  14. #37

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton is not coming back this year no matter what and possibly not even next season. A spinal fusion is not a simple surgery and who knows how successful this third surgery will prove to be. Two failed surgeries and then taking a chance of a third failure by not waiting out the full recovery period borders on malpractice on the part of the docs who might clear him.

    While most things are possible seeing Peyton play this season is not. The average person would not even have this kind of surgery because it has negative implications years down the road.


    If it was malpractice there would be a lawsuit right about now

  15. #38

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it was malpractice there would be a lawsuit right about now
    You misread what I wrote. I said that it would be malpractice if he were cleared prematurely to play before fully healing given that he had two failed surgeries. The fact that he had two failed surgeries does not by any means suggest malpractice as they opted for the least intrusive surgery that might remedy his condition.

  16. #39

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Just treat this like the season David Robinson got injured and you'll feel better. Surely there's a Tim Duncan out there.

    Having said that, it's going to be a dogfight against the chiefs for Andrew Luck, and having seen both teams, I think Indy is the better team, simply because the KC offensive playcalling has been indefensible, and the injuries are really piling up.

  17. #40
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I notice that for a second time you're called out for not supporting your claims and you still don't offer any.

    Jealousy doesn't suit you very well.

  18. #41
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton is not coming back this year no matter what and possibly not even next season. A spinal fusion is not a simple surgery and who knows how successful this third surgery will prove to be. Two failed surgeries and then taking a chance of a third failure by not waiting out the full recovery period borders on malpractice on the part of the docs who might clear him.

    While most things are possible seeing Peyton play this season is not. The average person would not even have this kind of surgery because it has negative implications years down the road.
    Where did you get your doctorate? Just wondering what your credentials are for making a diagnosis without having seen the patient.

  19. #42

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I notice that for a second time you're called out for not supporting your claims and you still don't offer any.

    Jealousy doesn't suit you very well.
    Do you actually read post or do you just assume everything.

    The only reason why I think he's not on IR
    The words "I think" don't imply I KNOW. Again all we have are words so I suggest reading them with the context they are used.

    We can have different opinions about why Mannings not on IR. To me theres nothing wrong with being skeptical or being a staunch believer in what Polain or Irsay say or don't say.

  20. #43
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    I never said that you KNEW he was keeping me off the IR for money reasons. I said you made your opinion without any supporting evidence.

    The difference between you using "think" or "know" has zero relevancy to what I'm saying.

    Which is the exact reason why I've said you still don't offer any support, for a THIRD time. How about trying to validate your opinion (see I know the difference) instead of trying to tell me I don't know the difference between fact and opinion? You don't have any support for your opinion, which is why you've still not offered any.

    But thank you for questioning my reading skills.
    Last edited by Since86; 09-28-2011 at 11:53 AM.

  21. #44

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where did you get your doctorate? Just wondering what your credentials are for making a diagnosis without having seen the patient.
    ********. Anyone who is at all familiar with disk removal and spinal fusion knows this ****. You just need to know some people who have this problem and be of a certain age. You don't need a doctorate to know that removal of disks promote deterioration of disks further down the spine. I'm sure a degree is not required, lol.
    Do you have to be a doctor to know that people who have had a heart attack have heart damage or pancreatic cancer is generally fatal?

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

    RWB

  23. #45
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,340

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  25. #46
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ********. Anyone who is at all familiar with disk removal and spinal fusion knows this ****. You just need to know some people who have this problem and be of a certain age. You don't need a doctorate to know that removal of disks promote deterioration of disks further down the spine. I'm sure a degree is not required, lol.
    Do you have to be a doctor to know that people who have had a heart attack have heart damage or pancreatic cancer is generally fatal?
    Then why doesn't he shut down his career now instead of putting his body through more football?

    Doesn't it make a little bit more sense for him to talk to his doctors, the highly paid specialists, rather than taking the word of someone over the internet?

    I have a hard time believing someone on a message board over the word of doctors.

    And speaking of heart attacks, not all of them are the same. Some people never knew they've had heart attacks until they go see their doctor and get an EKG done and they see the dead issue of the heart. But then again, all heart attacks are fatal right? Obviously you didn't say that, but you're trying to apply the rules to one injury to the other.

    Let's face it, we've not been told a whole lot about the situation. How can someone give out a diagnosis without seeing the patient, their charts, their scans, or talking to the doctors that did the procedure? You can't.


    The Colts/Manning/his doctors can't decide whether or not he's done for the season, and you're saying he's done for his career.

    I wonder which side is working with a full deck of information. Hard choice to decide.

    EDIT: And once again, I'm not saying he will come back. I'm saying you guys need to slow down and actually let time run it's course. There's no need for us, on a message board, to try and formulate opinions about situations we know very little. What's wrong with simply waiting to find out more information?

    If Dec, or whenever rolls around, and he's still not better. Put him on IR.
    If he's still having issues after the offseason, then retire.

    But there's no point in making those decisions now especially when the specialists simply don't know. If they don't know, I'm supposed to take the word of someone over the internet? Kind of a stretch.
    Last edited by Since86; 09-29-2011 at 09:34 AM.

  26. #47

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never said that you KNEW he was keeping me off the IR for money reasons. I said you made your opinion without any supporting evidence.

    The difference between you using "think" or "know" has zero relevancy to what I'm saying.

    Which is the exact reason why I've said you still don't offer any support, for a THIRD time. How about trying to validate your opinion (see I know the difference) instead of trying to tell me I don't know the difference between fact and opinion? You don't have any support for your opinion, which is why you've still not offered any.
    So I need supporting evidence to say that a billionaire loves money. Really? or to say that he has a vested interest in giving fans hope that Manning could come back this year even if its probably a 1% chance.

    Again I have no problem with Irsay or Polain waiting but I think its ridiculous to think that they wouldn't hold out for money reasons or playoff hopes which aren't mutually exclusive.

    JUst a few questions though. How many teams who have lost their starting QB to CDH have made the playoffs? How many have made the playoffs who started the season 0-3? How many just put their Qb on IR? Those would be some interesting facts to know.

    The whole prove your point aspect your bringing up is silly and I am trying to be respectful here. I don't feel like I have to prove my point to you or anyone else on here to have my opinion. Whether you think it has any merit or not is your right but I could care less either way.

  27. #48
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    Saying that Irsay isn't putting Manning on the IR simply to sell more tickets is a little different than saying he likes the color green.

    You're saying he's lying to the public in order to benefit financially from it.



    Which is the exact same thing that you tried saying when Irsay used the Colts to raise money for the Indiana State Fair victims. Trying to say he was greedy to use the Colts.

    When you start handing out personal attacks, I think you should have atleast a little bit of support for what you're saying. It's not like your giving your opinion on how the pizza tastes. It's a pretty disrespectful thing to say whether or not you're talking about Jim Irsay or you're talking about Robert Kraft.



    As far as your questions, I don't think there has been another QB that's went through this type of injury. Not one that I've been able to find, and I've been looking. Which is what I've been saying. This is uncharted territory, not only for Manning, but for the medical profession. Tito Ortiz had this procedure done and he fought in the UFC afterwards. He wasn't the same Tito, but he still was able to compete phsyically. Whether or not his decline was due to the injury, or just due to the fact that he was old, I don't think we really know.


    I don't know how many teams have gotten to the playoffs after a 0-3 start. The Chargers from a couple of years ago started out 1-2, and ended up being 4-8 before winning their last 4 games and getting in with a 8-8 record.

    The Colts have TB, KC, and Cinn, as their next three games. Those are all winnable games. TB will be the toughest out of the 3, but if the Colts play like they did against the Steelers, they have a pretty good chance.

    That would put them at 3-3 with NO, Tenn, ATL, and then Jax. Both divisional games are winnable. So they could be at 5-5 after 10 weeks with week 11 as their bye.


    Week 11 is 11/27. What happens if Peyton is cleared to play at the beginning of Dec. with a 5-5 record? Carolina, NE, Balt, Tenn, Houston, and Jax are all left.


    Is it likely? Probably not, but it's definitely do able. Why would you want to shut down your QB, when you have no solid information on how his recovery will go nor how the season will play out?

  28. #49
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    And one last thing about the whole money issue. Do you follow Irsay on twitter? He gives gives away money/prizes multiple times a day. He's giving away a trip to TB, tickets, airfare, limo, hotel, and $300 in spending money just for getting a trivia correct.

    He put up $3,000 for someone to guess the correct number he was thinking inbetween 1 and 10,000.

    We all know Peyton is done for a while, it's not like people are buying tickets in case he might play. If/when he plays, it will be a huge deal. But right now, people are acting (like they should) like he's done and that is effecting ticket prices already.
    http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-peyto...1145813.column

    I really don't think holding off putting him on IR is driven by money.

  29. #50
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Manning done for the year.

    I don't think it's a money issue either. I mean, I think 99% of the fans think he's done for the season as it is. Him not being on IR doesn't seem to be giving anyone hope that he's coming back and they know that, so it's hard to argue that they are doing it for money reasons.

    Might as well keep him on the roster if you aren't 100% certain that he's done. I think it's extremely doubtful that we'll still be in contention in late November, but you never know. I'm still not convinced that Houston is all that so it's possible that 8-8 could still take that division. At least we know that Peyton is still alive and has been walking around at practice lately. Might as well keep him around, because the tiny % chance he plays is still better than most guys' who'd you pick up to replace him.

    It's a damn shame that we don't have a halfway decent quarterback, because if we did we would have easily beaten the Steelers on Sunday, and probably the Browns too.

    With Manning we would have absolutely throttled the Steelers. It sucks, because I would have loved to stomp them and seen all those Steelers fans with their terrible towels tucked between their legs.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 09-29-2011 at 12:24 PM.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 11:54 AM
  2. A question for the OB haters
    By MLB007 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 09:48 PM
  3. The PD NBA Draft - #7 Golden State
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 10:06 AM
  4. Jared Lorenzen Should be Our Starter
    By naptownmenace in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 11:42 PM
  5. The PD NBA Draft - Selection 5 - Memphis
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 03:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •