Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Steelers@Colts Game/Post-Game

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Default Re: Steelers@Colts Game/Post-Game

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Miami gives us that many picks for one but I think drafting a LT at this point is not ideal. I might be crazy in saying this but I wouldn't mind a top rated WR to put next to Wayne and used the later round picks to fill out a defense.

To be fair Polain track record in high first round draft picks is very good and Chris would be drafting not Bill.

Speaking of Chris this draft class has been really good IMO. We have a solid LT and potential starting RT and a middle LB to replace Gary B.
    I'd like a top-end WR too, so I don't think you're crazy. If we get the 5th or 6th pick or something, I definitely consider a wideout. But I wouldn't pass Kalil if he was there. Not only will he be a cornerstone for the rest of Peyton's career, but the next decade+. Getting a cornerstone LT solves a lot of problems, especially when Peyton's replacement comes in. Who knows, maybe Castonzo will become that though. But yeah, a sick WR would be great. Want to get nauseous? We took Donald Brown two picks before the Giants took Hakeem Nicks.

As far as Miami trading those picks - I think they would absolutely do it. The Saints traded an entire draft for Ricky Williams. The Giants traded 2 firsts and more for Eli. Miami will be firing Sparano and desperately want Bill Cowher. Cowher is only interested in joining a team with a good QB. Enter, Luck. If he's the best QB to come out in years and we have the #1 pick, we'll get a plentiful bounty if we trade him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't spend a high first round pick on a WR if Peyton is going to come back and be Peyton for three more years. Hell, Peyton can make Garcon look good, imagine what he'll be able to do with a high 2nd or 3rd round WR.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Yeah, if the past few years have told me anything it's that Manning makes receivers. Clearly guys like Harrison and Wayne would be great on their own, but Manning makes your Garcon's, Stokley's, Collie's, Clarks ETC look all-world.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Manning won't make receivers if he's not playing. Like I said earlier, at best we have three more years of Peyton being Peyton before he declines/retires. It'd be nice if we had an established WR in place for his heir apparent--and don't say Reggie Wayne. He's already getting up there in age.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Manning won't make receivers if he's not playing. Like I said earlier, at best we have three more years of Peyton being Peyton before he declines/retires. It'd be nice if we had an established WR in place for his heir apparent--and don't say Reggie Wayne. He's already getting up there in age.
    Peyton has already started to decline not by too much just last year he wasn't what he was a few years ago IMO.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Peyton has already started to decline not by too much just last year he wasn't what he was a few years ago IMO.
    I'm obv a homer, but I think Manning's "decline" last year is/was overstated. Played the majority of the season without Joe Addai and Dallas Clark, half the season without Austin Collie, and the line was pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

That's just not true.

Manning threw 33 TD's and 17 interceptions last year with a career high in yards. In 2009 when he won his second MVP, he threw for 33 and 16. Yet there's somehow this perception that he was going downhill in 2010.

EIGHT of Manning's 17 picks last year came in two games: SD and Dallas where he threw for 4 each. He was godawful for those two games and they definitely messed his stats up a bit. If you remove those two games (4 TDs and 8 picks) then he had 29 TD's and 9 picks in the remaining 14 games. See? He was just as great last year as he always is. People overreacted after those two horrible games because Manning never has anything close to back to back 4 pick games. But it doesn't mean he had a bad season overall.

Peyton did not decline last year. In fact had he not threw 11 picks in a three week period the Colts win at least two of those games and no one talks about his "decline".

The Colts struggled and nearly every game was close just like 2009. The difference was the Colts lost those close games in 2010 that they won in 2009.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I wouldn't spend a high first round pick on a WR if Peyton is going to come back and be Peyton for three more years. Hell, Peyton can make Garcon look good, imagine what he'll be able to do with a high 2nd or 3rd round WR.
    I agree with this.

It would be different if there was a AJ Green or Calvin Johnson type of receiver in this draft but I don't think there is. Both Jeffery and Blackmon should be good pros and maybe I am underrating them but I think they just a notch below prospects like Green/Johnson.

Steelers' Farrior fined $15,000 by NFL

Friday, September 30, 2011

By Ray Fittipaldo, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers linebacker James Farrior was fined $15,000 by the NFL for a hit Sunday night on Indianapolis quarterback Kerry Collins.

Farrior hit Collins after he released the ball, but he was not penalized during the game. Collins later left the game with concussion symptoms and was replaced by backup Curtis Painter.

Farrior said he had been expecting to hear from the league, but thought he had escaped a fine when he didn't receive any news by Thursday. Farrior was informed of the fine as he walked off the practice field this afternoon.

Farrior does not believe the hit warranted a fine.

"I don't think so, but the league saw it necessary to put the fine out there, so we just have to go with it," he said.

Farrior's agent, Ralph Cindrich, said Farrior will appeal the fine.

Farrior believes the league acted because Collins left the game with concussion symptoms. The league has been trying to come down hard on hits to the head and late hits that can result in head injuries.

"No doubt about it," Farrior said. "With everything that's going on now, I think that's what happened."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11273...#ixzz1ZUkaYP3k