Thread: Peyton Manning Returns

Default Peyton Manning Returns

This answers the question about Manning not attending the 1st two games as well as tells us he'll be in 'upstairs' for the Steelers game-

Peyton Manning won't be able to lend his right arm as the Indianapolis Colts attempt to break their two-game losing streak Sunday night when the Pittsburgh Steelers visit Lucas Oil Stadium, but the veteran quarterback nonetheless will offer his vast experience.

Manning will be in the press box, sitting next to quarterbacks coach Ron Turner, and provide whatever input is asked of him. Doctors wouldn't allow him to attend the Colts' first two games -- losses at Houston and home against Cleveland -- while recovering from Sept. 8 neck surgery.

"My first obligation to the team is to get myself healthy,'' Manning told The Star this afternoon. "But I do believe that (since) I'm on the active roster, I have an obligation to help the team in some capacity.''

Manning has been around the team's West 56th Street complex all week. He's been visible while walking laps around the practice fields, and active behind the scenes.

"This is new to me,'' he said. "But I want to be a resource. I want to help.''

The league's only four-time MVP remains on the active roster, but it's uncertain if he'll be able to return this season.

"I'm just trying to get healthy,'' Manning said.

To read more about Manning's first interview since his latest surgery, check out Saturday's Indianapolis Star.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...y=mod|mostview
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Default Re: Peyton Manning Returns

Personally I don't think this is a good idea because everytime the Colts mess up they'll be panning to his face every. time.