Thread: From the DNR today...New rules for 2012

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default From the DNR today...New rules for 2012

New rules primarily affecting Deer Hunting

NRC approves rule changes for 2012 deer season

The Indiana Natural Resources Commission on Tuesday approved a package of changes to deer hunting rules that will go into effect in the 2012 season.

None of the changes will be in effect this year.

The final adoption vote came after preliminary approval by the NRC in January and a six-month public comment period that included hundreds of written comments and two public hearings.

The rule changes include creating a crossbow license and authorizing its use during the entire archery season; extending the archery season without interruption from Oct. 1 through the first Sunday in January; extending the urban zone season from Sept. 15 through Jan. 31; requiring hunters in urban zones to harvest an antlerless deer before harvesting an antlered deer; establishing a special antlerless season from Dec. 26 through the first Sunday in January in designated counties; adding the non-resident youth licenses and a new deer license bundle; requiring display of hunter orange on occupied ground blinds; and extending the rifle cartridge length that can be used in the firearm season to 1.8 inches.

These changes must still be approved by the Attorney General’s Office and Governor’s Office and published in the Indiana Register before taking effect.

In other actions, the NRC:

–Approved the dedication of four nature preserves at Fort Harrison State Park totaling approximately 670 acres or more than one-third of the park. The sites are named Bluffs of Fall Creek, Chinquapin Ridge, Lawrence Creek and Warbler Woods.
    –Authorized State Park Inns to increase lodging fees from Jan. 28 through Feb. 12 to coincide with the Super Bowl in Indianapolis.
    –Approved final adoption of rule amendments governing logjam removal from floodways and navigable waters.
    –Turned down a citizen’s petition to allow high-speed boating on Shipshewana Lake in LaGrange County.
    –Approved preliminary adoption of rules governing the sale, distribution and transportation of invasive aquatic plants, and a rule to regulate thousand cankers disease in walnut trees.
    –Removed the four-toed salamander from and added the plains leopard frog and mole salamander to the state endangered species list.

Note that they are establishing a long archery season and a crossbow license and season.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Default Re: From the DNR today...New rules for 2012

That is so wild, I met with an owner of Kennedy manufacturing for a business opportunity and they told me that they will be manufacturing cross bow parts for a major manufacturer. It is a small world out there.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is so wild, I met with an owner of Kennedy manufacturing for a business opportunity and they told me that they will be manufacturing cross bow parts for a major manufacturer. It is a small world out there.
    Can ya get me a crossbow?

I guess that shows you they will have an expanding market because you KNOW Hoosier hunters will go crazy over anything new
    Last edited by indygeezer; 09-28-2011 at 09:39 AM.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

The guy said they will start making them early 2012 and they should be out by March or April. I wasn't able to look at it together but some of the parts he let me see was pretty wild. The stuff he let me see was machined out of billett aluminum.